It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Relic Release
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Commanders of Earth 1!

We'll be releasing relics on Earth 1 very soon, as massed earlier hereby some clarity on this process:

The following alliances are the highest ranked 10 currently not considered subs, their leaders will receive relics:

• NN
  • ALEX
  • TwF
  • Dw
  • CIS
  • DeK
  • USMC
  • 4EJW

Subs are recognized with the "duck test". If it looks like a sub, act like a sub and talks like a sub it's a sub.

Think: Sharing hives, relations or being there to help someone.

The primary purpose of this chat is to publicly discuss if any listed teams should be considered subs, and if any currently considered subs should not be considered so.

The decision on this will not be democratic, but I am giving all parties a chance to discuss this with each other, as in the end the people most familiar with the era, are those trying to win it.

Be gentle. Be honest. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Post subject: Re: Relic Release
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:45 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

JOYN is not a sub.

Last edited by joes9987 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:43 am 
Major
Major

sounds like a good plan, glad top see admins starting to take anti-sub / pro-competition initiatives like this

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

joes9987 wrote:
JOYN is not a sub.

Are you a member of JOYN?

The reason I consider them a sub is because they share hives with NN and have copied all of NN's relations

(as mentioned: I used the "duck test", brothers, helping, not going for the win and supporting someone else to do so, all can get a team marked a sub.)

What do the other teams (especially Dw, TwF, ALEX) think of this I wonder?

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:36 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Yes I am, one of the weaker more laid back members P:

We are not a sub, we have too much pride to even be considered one lol

NN is merely our bros playing which is why we occupy similar places. But we are not a sub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

joes9987 wrote:
Yes I am, one of the weaker more laid back members P:

We are not a sub, we have too much pride to even be considered one lol

NN is merely our bros playing which is why we occupy similar places. But we are not a sub

I consider brother alliances subs as well as mentioned in the news item announcing the era and the mass message sent out earlier, sorry..

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

HTTO and JOYN both count as subs technically

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:25 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

As you mentioned before, you consider brother alliances to be subs. I respect your every opinion and statement thus far but I would like to make one last attempt to explain why we are not a sub.

Firstly, a sub is officiated by the main alliance, usually having a similar tag ( Example: LOVE and L0VE) They tend to work closely together and the main gets the win while the sub is stuck with whatever it can get below. Subs are often viewed as a despicable concept that makes no sense except in eras with small alliance sizes. To summarize, a sub has a main P:

Secondly, if a sub has a main then JOYN should have a main if we are a sub. We have no main, you can ask the alliance you perceive to be our main if we are a sub, they will tell you otherwise. A main would not be afraid to defend their sub and say that they are owned by the main. So if you ask NN leader, we are not their sub, just allies lucky enough to be friends and not dead.

Thirdly, subs usually take orders from the main. JOYN members are worse than spartans lol We're all impatient hot heads that don't like waiting. How can we take orders from NN or any other alliance? The only player I listen to is our leader, not even other members. :lol:

In conclusion, I'd like to thank you for the time you would have spent reading this and I hope you reconsider and understand we are not a sub, simply because we aren't able to be one.

~joes9987

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:13 pm 
Private
Private

joes9987 wrote:
JOYN is not a sub.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kuthiravattan wrote:
joes9987 wrote:
JOYN is not a sub.

:lol:

Any arguments against it ? :)

joes9987 wrote:
As you mentioned before, you consider brother alliances to be subs. I respect your every opinion and statement thus far but I would like to make one last attempt to explain why we are not a sub.

Firstly, a sub is officiated by the main alliance, usually having a similar tag ( Example: LOVE and L0VE) They tend to work closely together and the main gets the win while the sub is stuck with whatever it can get below. Subs are often viewed as a despicable concept that makes no sense except in eras with small alliance sizes. To summarize, a sub has a main P:

Secondly, if a sub has a main then JOYN should have a main if we are a sub. We have no main, you can ask the alliance you perceive to be our main if we are a sub, they will tell you otherwise. A main would not be afraid to defend their sub and say that they are owned by the main. So if you ask NN leader, we are not their sub, just allies lucky enough to be friends and not dead.

Thirdly, subs usually take orders from the main. JOYN members are worse than spartans lol We're all impatient hot heads that don't like waiting. How can we take orders from NN or any other alliance? The only player I listen to is our leader, not even other members. :lol:

In conclusion, I'd like to thank you for the time you would have spent reading this and I hope you reconsider and understand we are not a sub, simply because we aren't able to be one.

~joes9987

The real question is not so much about orders or interest - it seems (from my perspective, curious about how Dw and ALEX interacted with JOYN) that JOYN is protected by NN, aiding NN in war and not pursuing a victory themselves.

If that is not the case and you could perhaps back it up a bit it would help hugely :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next