It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whens the next CE?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:14 am 
Private
Private

I honestly don't think there will be one either. Especially if it's as long as this one. After a certain point, most people stop boosting. especially when you have to close the server down. And since CE takes most boosters from other servers too, you're not left with alot of income coming in. The only way I can foresee another CE is if there is a tick limit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:42 am 
Captain
Captain

Well during the CE , M2 was having a very tough competition going on , my heart was gonna fell out of my mouth ( i think the phrase similar to this dont know the exact phrase) when i saw that at 1 stage CME score & power were less then their ususles sub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:42 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Welll last CE was a nonesense with 6 months plus which caused negative impact on bd in terms of income. Though CE cannot be stopped as a huge amount of bd community supports it. There need to be a tick limit tho. Besides ,If there is no CE count many old vets to never show up in bd again. Cya alll in CE or else Goodbye bd :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:44 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Predict BD to be dead before June pl0x.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yellowhairedme wrote:
Welll last CE was a nonesense with 6 months plus which caused negative impact on bd in terms of income. Though CE cannot be stopped as a huge amount of bd community supports it. There need to be a tick limit tho. Besides ,If there is no CE count many old vets to never show up in bd again. Cya alll in CE or else Goodbye bd :D

Yeah, BD is so dieing this year.

#BDWilLDie2009
Sorry I mean
#BDWillDie2012
Sorry, I mean
#BDWillDie2014
Sorry, I mean:
#BDWillDie2015

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 pm 
Major
Major

did people actualy say it would die in 2009 and 2012 tho? it seemed pretty active in 2012

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

socialmisfit1 wrote:
did people actualy say it would die in 2009 and 2012 tho? it seemed pretty active in 2012

That's when you got active, so it's no wonder you think it was active. It was "alive", but it wasn't close to the activity warranting the insane amount of forum categories we had (and still have). Nothing close to early NC forums or OC forums. Competition was also already pretty much dead, most great players had already quit.

In 2009, New Client launched, which was hugely controversial for BD and was hailed by quite a few as the "End" of BD. It did end BD as it was - but it created a bigger BD in the process. Better? That's up for discussion. Gamewise, sure. Communitywise....

All the mods had to be replaced pretty much, in 2009. Only a few survived, many of the mods that stayed remained inactive until they were removed years later. I remember joining them and the head mod saying something at most once a day.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:48 pm 
Major
Major

I only joined in late 2011 so I have no frame of reference to earlier eras but the first few eras I witnessed of the game seemed pretty intense, there was like 4 or 5 different alliances going for the win so I don't know what you mean by "Competition was also already pretty much dead".

maybe I'm just a new client newb that can't dream to comprehend the overwhelming competition levels that were apparently present in the old client or something like that.

but to all those who think bd is going to die: just think about the influx of players bd will get after the mobile app is released.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

socialmisfit1 wrote:
I only joined in late 2011 so I have no frame of reference to earlier eras but the first few eras I witnessed of the game seemed pretty intense, there was like 4 or 5 different alliances going for the win so I don't know what you mean by "Competition was also already pretty much dead".

maybe I'm just a new client newb that can't dream to comprehend the overwhelming competition levels that were apparently present in the old client or something like that.

but to all those who think bd is going to die: just think about the influx of players bd will get after the mobile app is released.

The teams you considered to be able to go for the win, were pretty much total jokes mate. I remember you back then, and you were fanboying over some of the worst teams i've seen. Nostalgia makes a poor source.

Teams used to be 12 people no sleep, often lots of boosting. On OC, you could generally rely on the entire top 10 being capable of winning the era. Take some or drop some depending on the specific world or era. On NC, at the height it was about 5 on the most competive worlds.

Perhaps, it depends on wether it is a port or a loose game. The further they go, better their chances.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Alexanderkitty wrote:
Yellowhairedme wrote:

Yeah, BD is so dieing this year.

#BDWilLDie2009
Sorry I mean
#BDWillDie2012
Sorry, I mean
#BDWillDie2014
Sorry, I mean:

Bd will never die but the thing called competetion did. besides you are retired and you must be enjoying this .Haha :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next