It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should the championship era end when one alliance has all 10 relics?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 89 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 119
 Post subject: End tick on Championship Era
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:36 pm 

I'd just like to hear opinions on this. The admin has just broadcast that tick 5000 will be the end tick, meaning there are 904 ticks left.

In my opinion, I would like to insert a lot of swear words here. This is the greatest era ever, and it would be a shame to end it like that. But there is also more serious stuff to consider. The CE was advertised as having no tick limit and only ending when one alliance held all 10 relics. Gaurav made a good point in the Championship Era topic, this could be construed as false advertising and with the large sums of money spent on this era (not to mention time invested) this would be quite a big deal.

Apart from that, I would simply find it sad for there to be no real winner to this CE. So I ask you, post your opinion, and vote in the poll.

My opinion is clear, and I can wholeheartedly say for everyone in RDH that we will not agree to a tick 5000 ending to the CE.

Post subject: Re: End tick on Championship Era
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:38 pm 

Copy/paste from the other thread.
gaurav1 wrote:
Ugh..wtf? Tick limit has been set to tick 5000. I can imagine false advertisement suits coming here as CE was advertised to be no tick limit and ended only after all 10 relics were captured. Teams have planned around that and now the admins have decided to arbitrarily add in a tick limit? Players have invested tens of thousands of dollars and almost half a year of their life into this round only to have it changed up now because the admins/michael are what fed up with it?

Take your lesson and don't do a no tick limit server again, but you can't go and add a tick limit to an already going round..specially this late into it. What a sham

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The ending xyz tick causes people to hug it out and mass armor. Right now this incentivises us to sit still mass armor and if it gets heated boost metal and workers solely for highest power score versus actually fight, lose power and go for the win with relics.

*head hurts*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

All the players of CE are being taken as fools. The admins have taken a massive amount of money from you from this era but are going to end it as soon as it gets inconvenient for them? Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:00 pm 
Major
Major

I swear Ilona's gonna get lynched one of these days

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:06 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Surprised CE isnt over yet. When it ends it should be the killing blow to BD, especially if admins are just gonna say something and do another.

Bye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:53 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

That's bad, i mean really bad. The entire charm of CE was build on the fact that it was going to be a "No-tick limit round". Even if it's not the case, people would now start to assume that they have decided to stop the round because boosting has gone down comparatively & they are do not see it as profitable anymore.

Does not put BD as a game in good light at all! *sigh*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:42 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Get1 wrote:
Since the second CE was advertised as having no time limit would the powers that be please explain this.

Are you now forcing a time limit on the players without even the courtesy of an explanation?

Get1 wrote:
Slinkybd wrote:
Sortve makes sense. Its suppose to be a yearly thing. :D

:roll: I'm assuming you mean it makes sense about cutting it short rather than them doing it without the courtesy of an explanation

It still can be a yearly thing without them going back on their promise.

Also its a trust thing. Its about the players trusting that when they make a commitment to the game the owners stick to their commitment to the players.

If they can break their word on something this big why believe anything we are told in the future. I wouldn't make such a long term commitment to a game if i believed the owners would move the goal posts part of the way through just because it suited them.

This ultimately comes down to one thing - they made a promise, they should stick to it!

I made the 2 posts shown above on the "Championship Era Discussion Thread"

They were made nearly a week ago.

no response was made by the BattleDawn authorities and no explanation was made either.

This is a message to Michael the creator and owner of BattleDawn (whether you read this or not)

As Milan has already stated "The CE was advertised as having no tick limit and only ending when one alliance held all 10 relics".

As far as I'm concerned you made a deal with me and all of the battledawn community taking part in this event long before the Championship Era began and the no tick limit was part of the deal. In my opinion it was the no tick limit that created the real buzz about this CE.

In all the eras I've played since i started playing BD (August 2011) there there has never been an era as competitive as the one that is being played out in CE. I and many people i have spoken to believe the competitive nature of this era is mostly down to the no tick limit.

I understand that the Admins of CE have become a bit disillusioned now.(I cant blame them for this as they have often been put into a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation and the behavior of a minority of players towards the admins has sometimes been outrageous) I have nothing but respect for the Admins for doing a difficult job very well.
However if the Admins no longer wish to continue or simply think all the hassle they have received isn't worth the pay then you should offer incentives to all the admins to find admins willing to cover the CE.
If you find no one is willing to cover the CE then you up the incentives until you find Admins that are willing to cover it.
In short you should do everything you can to stick to your promise of a CE with no time limit.
What you shouldn't do is force an early end onto the CE players and break the trust of the BD community.

Also i don't know if BattleDawn is now generating less money now that the boosting in CE has dropped relative to earlier in the era and people are not playing other eras whilst concentrating on CE. if this is the case i would also understand why you would want to put a time restriction on the CE.

What i cant understand is the utter contempt you have shown to the BD community by forcing this action on them and the way it has been forced upon them.
You did not sound out the community before this decision was made (you could have asked what they think of a 1000 more tick limit, or 2000 or 3000). You didn't even have the courtesy to inform them why you have seen fit to break your contract with them. (the contact being that the CE will have no time limit and the players will give their time and hopefully their money to this game)

I admit you haven't gotten much money from me over the years (i haven't bought reds since i first started playing this game) but i have bought reds this CE and your decision has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I feel you have conned me into spending my money and i feel it was taken under false pretences.

I'm voting yes on this thread and i believe the CE players deserve some form of explanation from yourself!

Edit - Edited spelling error

Last edited by Get1 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

hey there!

I just want to let you know that there will be an official statement tomorrow.

I have to admit that after all these complains the last days of "how bad" the CE now is and for the reason that players asked me to "end it finally", I didn't expect such a fast and clear feedback.

As always, we'll base our decision on your feedback. So please continue to vote on this, and we'll see if another and more official voting including an in-game message is necessary, if we let it continue or if we go on with the tick limit.
Your voice counts!

Please keep in mind that even when this voting is against a tick limit, it could happen that we still set one.
This might be based on business decisions as well as on other things like messages and emails that we collected the last days.

But for now and today, I'll delete the BC on E6, and will keep you updated!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:04 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Ilona wrote:
hey there!

I just want to let you know that there will be an official statement tomorrow.

I have to admit that after all these complains the last days of "how bad" the CE now is and for the reason that players asked me to "end it finally", I didn't expect such a fast and clear feedback.

As always, we'll base our decision on your feedback. So please continue to vote on this, and we'll see if another and more official voting including an in-game message is necessary, if we let it continue or if we go on with the tick limit.
Your voice counts!

Please keep in mind that even when this voting is against a tick limit, it could happen that we still set one.
This might be based on business decisions as well as on other things like messages and emails that we collected the last days.

But for now and today, I'll delete the BC on E6, and will keep you updated!

Damn it Ilona! Why you always gotta go meddlin' in the affairs of others! I would of gotten away with it too if it weren't for you pesky admin's!

Signed with Love,
BD Community

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next