It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: War Strategies
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:02 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 YIM  Profile

In case of a war, surrender. JUST KIDDING. But think of not only yourself when you start a war, or even enter a war... You need to think of these things...
Who will this effect?
Who will be involved?
What will the outcome be?
How much time will be involved?
How many of your members are active?
How many troops do they have?
Are you prepared against their Chasis type?
Are you ready to defend if need be?
Are you ready to surrender if you lose?
Etc.
Don't think of only yourself. Think of your allies, and members. Will they be willing to war with a friend? An enemy? A high value alliance? Are they active enough? Can they be on like you hope? Do you have a good battle plan?

Do this to make things easier....

Ask your alliance what you should do. Take a vote.
Watch the log in times. And watch your enemy moving times.
Declare war on broadcast to get allies interested, or send Private messages to secretly stage a blitzkrieg (Lightning war).

When you start a war, you will most likely want these things built...
Level 5 Metal/Gold mine.
Level 5 Farm.
Level 4 Oil Well/Lumber Facilities.
Barracks. (Duhhhhh)
All upgrades for unit types (excluding vehicle and tanks.. So like damage and range).
U.A.V. Control.
Spy center (If you want more of a weight on your side).
Teleporter.

The reason most of these were deemed as necessary, is as follows...
Level 5 Metal/Gold mine; Level 5 Farm; Level 4 Oil/Lumber facilities: For increased income. These will help you form more troops than the start, and resupply when low on reinforcements.

Barracks: Well, you need troops to fight a war right? With this, you can create the units necessary to conquer and take over enemy establishments.

Unit upgrades... Armor upgrade for increased bullet sponges, Damage so you can kill more and quicker, range to get that precious first hit in. DON'T BUILD AN ARMOR ARMY. Please, if you do use an ALL armor army, don't be upset when you lose them all because let's say a spy took em to zero and you lost 200+ units. From 10/10/10 concussive infantry. 10armor/10damage/10range.

U.A.V. Control so that you can do incoming and outgoing scans for a better idea on massive troops movements, and so that you can define who are using mostly spam to effectively scare the target into submission. Also, with the scans, you can easily maintain a well balanced army against your opponent.
For example...
50 ticks before war, you have a lot of metal, and oil and energy. You decide you want figure out an easy way to take them down with minimal losses. You're the Minister of Intelligence, or even the leader! You feel obligated. Or even just an alliance member trying to help out. So, you scan them.
Infantry Vehicle Tanks
84% 23% 0%
50% Accuracy

Okay.. From what you learned from this scan, is that if it was as wrong as possible, 50% of this is correct. So, they have a lot of Infantry, and a little less vehicles. Let's break it down even further...
With enemies using Infantry more, you know that you should start thinking of either the Spy "Virus" attack, or using Tanks to thin them down easily. Or even your units you have already! Nothing gets a bonus against infantry.. However..
Vehicles, take a 25% extra damage to Infantry, or, you can say it like this. Infantry get a 25% attack bonus against Vehicles. Basically, you know that Infantry will help out a lot, so you tell your alliance about what you learned, and where at. This will significantly bolster your chances of success in battle.

Teleporters help out so much in war. They are a quick and effective way to transport your troops INSTANTLY across the battlefield and into combat. You would love this if it is a 1 tick per hour world because it saves you hours to maybe even days of travel! And can save you so much oil depending on travel time. They are a easy way to throw your enemy off by sneak attacking them with a tiny unnoticed gate, and having it vomit over 1k troops at them in all directions, and doing a (as said as before) blitzkrieg.

If you put all of these together, and also include COORDINATION, you are almost sure to win. But while you are thinking of these things, you must also remember that there are always other players waiting to strike. Getting into a war with one alliance, can result in secret allies striking you without you realizing it until it's too late.

Also, another war tip.. Always remember that if you see even ONE of your alliance members get their radar jammed, you place a Satellite scan over your colonies for 6 ticks, that way when you all get jammed, and the enemy is like, "Hehe, we got em now. They'll never see this coming!".... Well, you'll see it coming. Only costs 22 energy too! Nothing in the long run :)

Remember when fighting in wars, that taking every outpost is crucial. However, if one outpost can be overlooked, then so can the entire enemy alliance's troops. They can be hiding and waiting for your alliance to move past that point to strike you at home, but then again, they may be smarter than you think and spy trap you.?
Always always always try to eliminate enemy outposts before the sweet 24th tick. That's when they can be upgraded. That's when they can get deadly.

Always have a group of friends that you can always trust near you, and always help them if they need help too! Cause the time that you need them, they'll be there if you were there for them! It's a sort of help me, I'll help you sorta things! :)

Make a bunch of friends in the first 50 ticks. Those are the friends that will most likely stand back to back with you until the end. And keep an eye on allies that don't have contact with you much. They may be losing interest in the alliance and may be even planning to backstab you.

Now.. To what this topic is truly about. WAR.

Tick 1 of War.

Get some Sat Scans up over the opponent main. If you don't see activity of troop movements, they most likely are teleporting.
Make sure your alliance knows their jobs, and follows through. Use the alliance order screen. These will help you significantly. Like, really. Haha.
Do scans on outposts, and send 1 troop spam squads to all of the enemies outposts to intimidate them. If their radar is going off, and they click it and have to scroll down to see them all, i guarantee you, they will NOT attack until most are all gone. This works every time. Take every outpost you get, and downgrade them so that the enemy has to upgrade it back to what it was. And if an enemy is about to take your Gate outpost, downgrade it, and if they are 4 ticks out, raze it. They will have to move their squads to a friendly again to attack.
Ticks 2-the end of the war (well, near the end. The colony phase is the final stage)
To successfully advance in the battlefield, you will need coordination with your allies. Think 3 ticks ahead, always. Downgrade as many non-useful outposts you conquer. Don't keep them to be taken again. You can use the extra resources to build more troops to reinforce your old ones! Also it helps slow down enemy advancement and helps knock out their eyes. If you can blind an enemy, and do it effectively, do it. Cause if they don't see it coming, they probably won't be able to prepare correctly.
When you start moving forward, keep everyone at the same pace. If you come across a major outpost, with a BUNCH of enemy squads parked, think if you can get a spy in there quick, or if you can get your entire alliance to pack all your units into one attack, and wipe them off the face of the planet!
The more units you have, the harder it will be for them to successfully take you down.
Mow every troop you can find, down. If you see one of the members reinforcing one outpost, and you can definitely take him out, do it. For sure, go for it. Cause that'll be X amount less troops you have to deal with in the final stage of the war.
Don't ever be too shy to launch a missile at your enemy. In fact, I think they would appreciate it very much to take 10% workers killed, 10% army dead on impact, all units at 1 hp, and radiation for 3-6 ticks! They'll be so overjoyed! ;)
If an enemy does NOT want to give up a gate or radar, fine. You can force downgrade it without even controlling it! How you ask? By sending a cute little nuclear warhead towards them. Nothing will brighten up their day more.. Get it? Brighten? The big flash of the nuke? Ehh whatever.
(Only apply this next phase if the enemy has more than 5 nukes)
Jam the Nuke outposts so that your spam squads take them and turn the nukes on the colonies of the hosts! They'll be overjoyed!! :D
Launch a nuke at the highest ranked player in the alliance, (or with the most troops in base.. Naturally number two is the better option) and watch things go boom! If the enemy is a very good thinker he/she will be laughing and just relocate. Or move their squads and take a worker hit. Unless, they can't move their squads...? ;) Spy lockdown followed by wave of alliance units.
1 down, 9 to go.
OR
In the event they don't have a nuke field, just take em out old fashioned. Walk to their doorstep with a bunch of troops and fight it out to the death. If you win, hooray! If not, well, that sucks. Re-recruit your army while your enemy has to fight across a sea of captured outposts that you captured. It'll take a long time, unless they outpost hop. (Similar term used in world war II, "Island Hopping")This enables the alliance to jump from outpost to outpost taking only the most important ones and critical ones in battle. Such as radars, training bases, nuke silos, and gates. These will allow them to expand quicker. And in turn, would make reaction times slower for your alliance. Don't allow your opponent to quickly reinforce themselves.
But let's say that you are at the enemy's colonies. They have NO outposts left, and the war is basically over. They are just waiting for the deathblow. You can either...
A. Ask for a diplomatic surrender and peace terms.
B. Ask them if they would just like to stop, because this was all a retaliation, or you didn't want to do this.
C. Ask only for the crystals and conquers, and let them survive.
D. Kill them indefinitely and scatter the alliance across the far reaches of the planet never to reunite again for however long the era goes. And indefinitely fire nukes upon them to increase radiation poisoning to over 3 thousand ticks. It can happen. ;)

The decision is up to you all for how the wars will work. Will you be the one to win the war and share the spoils with the alliance and allies? Will you be the one alliance that rises above all expectations to defeat all who stand in your way? This is for you to decide.

Please comment if you have any questions whatsoever, and leave comments saying if you thought this was helpful! I hope this at least helped some people, and I look forward to reading about your war strategies too! :)

Post subject: Re: War Strategies
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:20 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Right, go to your nearest beach and look down, u see that small group of crabs? yea, 1 of them is me
welldone!! that helped.
(i actually read the whole thing by the way ;) nuking ops, the flash etc
(claps)

--klutzy

1.steel legions
2.war commander
3.battle pirates
4.battle dawn
5.team tanks

FEAR IS LOOKING - E3
Spoiler:
play steel legions!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:28 am 
Major
Major

firstly I didnt read all of it.

secondly you should have ALL your structures built. lvl 4 oil, dont be silly!

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:34 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 YIM  Profile

Thank you for reading it, it took me quite a long time to type this all out :3
And also, this is for the minimum requirements. Not "Ohh geez, i've got everything built, NOW i can war" :p It's just for like early wars, ya know? :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 am 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I never have my shield built.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:54 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 YIM  Profile

You again d;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:38 pm 
Private
Private

This really helped thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 YIM  Profile

No prob!

And also, your shield can be very useful. All the good players normally have one built because they like the idea of having time for the alliance to help.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I never build my shield structure....heck....I haven't even been conquered in like..........5 era's of F3 xD Lol

Completely retired now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:08 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

really good info, you should put it on BD wiki help new guys out

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next