It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Ghost Town
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:29 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

No and its boring but BD gets your mind off things :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

shelton9778 wrote:
No and its boring but BD gets your mind off things :D

Ah...so true..so true.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:24 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

i cant help but be true im an Angel :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:51 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

As morning rolls around, I cover myself in ash from a fire inside the church. I make a run for the mall. I stick to the shadows and to the bushes, as the ash helps mask my scent and make it harder to see me. I make it into the mall, making sure to hide in the shadows. I ditch my staff. I get a crowbar, a roll of fishing line, nails, and some other common objects in order to create a nailbomb. I also grab an external frame backpack in order to hold all of my gear.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

retired mentor and a proud member of SoLD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

i wake up not realizing where i am for a moment then realize im home i have nothing but an id reading MI i search the house and nothing i look outside and see a hellhound roaming around so i wait and call my pet a black leopard with blue eyes and as sweet as can be named Sheva to me she purrs for a moment and then Growls the hellhound is breaking the door apart we take off outside and head to the next house just before we get to the house we run slap into a feral before it can react Shiva jumps and clamps down on its throat breaking its neck in one smooth motion i take the knife and lighter it has on it then hurry into the house there i put the couch in the living room in front of the door and thank god its a windowless house i place a few more things in front of the doors and then surch the house i find a bottle of bleach and a bottle of ammonia with a three empty bottles i fill one bottle with bleach and one with ammonia and leave the other empty i continue to search the house and find a backpack a hand gun ammo and a holster i clip the holster to my belt and pack the ammo and few food supplies in the back pack from there me and Shiva head out of the house sticking fto the shadows we run into another feral on the way i come up behind him and break his neck then slip back into the shadows i head to the church and gather some wood as i am gathering wood i find a metal cross and necklace as well as a bottle with holy water i put the holy water in my backpack and then start a fire in the center of the room i let the wood burn to ashes and then gather the ashes i head to the front of the church and put the ashes in the last little bit of holy water letting it turn the ashes into a paste from there i collect a few more food supplies and head back outside with Shiva we head back toward the house we just came from and we run into a gost i throw some of the paste on the gost making it flee i make my way with Shiva back inside the house and i barricade us inside for the night

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:02 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Well, this thing's picking up, so I'm gonna jump in.

15 nights. That's how long I've gone without much food. There's nothing to do but to read old books, and ponder the possibilities of survival. I fear my mind's becoming undone. I'm starving, but my house is the only haven around that I can trust to hold out. Ghosts have been hovering around since dawn in the streets, and I'm hesitant to go out, not when I saw what happened to Jim the other day.

It's about noon. The ghosts around my house are moving off, and this is my chance. I take down the furniture barricading my door, and I set out. No signs of life; good. I jog across the neighbourhood and exit out the northeast intersection. The police station's to my right, but I doubt they'll help much; after all, they came 'round town and took all the guns and supplies they can carry, saying that they're gonna fight them. But the cowards went and locked themselves in their station, and they've been shooting at anyone or anything that comes near. There's only one other place then; McCoy's. As I make my way through the cracked and broken streets, a sense of anxiousness comes over me. I haven't come across anything yet; where are they? Are they watching?

The bar came into view. It was a small place, with a certain look to it that reminded you of an old English pub. As I crossed the parking lot, I saw a smoldering corpse of a troll, lying face down on the pavement. It was an ugly sight indeed; its sallow skin bubbling under the sunlight, and large charred black patches covered its broad back. walking around it was a...crap.

The stalker, a hellhound, was sniffing around the corpse, and occasionally gnawing out little bites off of it. So far it hasn't detected me yet, probably because it's occupied with its meal. Good. I crouch under a hedge and move carefully behind it, with my eyes on the creature. It was nearly bald, with little tufts of fur sticking out of odd places around its reddish-gray, muscular body. It had deep scars on its flank. It was a fighter, and it wasn't the type of stalker I would want to mess with. I was keeping such a close watch on that stalker that when I heard a low growl coming up behind me, I almost soiled myself. The thing was not as big as the one I was watching, but it was the size of a Great Dane. Its bright red eyes showed an insatiable rabid hunger, and its mouth bared into a smile of sorts, showing a wicked set of jagged teeth. I took no chance on waiting and bolted towards the bar, but the hellhound was too fast for me. It tackled me into the ground and padded up to my chest. Game over.

The next set of events that saved my life probably took only a few adrenaline-pumping seconds. As the stalker prepared to take its first bite, the one near the troll corpse took notice, and playing up to its territorial instincts, ran up and pounced on my aggressor. They skittered over a metre to my left, and they started clawing and biting each other. I overcame my shock and scrambled up to the makeshift door in the fence that surrounded the bar. I was about to hold onto it when a stalker crashed into the fence, and the smell of burning flesh filled my nose as the animal twitched and thrashed about, finally collapsing in a heap a few seconds later, its listless eyes trained on me, dead. I was mesmerized by the sight and of the dog's eyes that I didn't realize that the other one was right next to me. It lunged, but was stopped midair by a buckshot to the chest. I didn't know how it survived that, but it collapsed and limped off into the hedges, trailing dark blood behind it.

I look up at my rescuer. It was old man McCoy himself, wielding an ancient shotgun. His glass eye reflected the light in such a way that gave it away as a fake. He reached down and offered me a hand, and I immediately took it. All he said was:
"Hey Matt. Need a drink?"

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

As Matt enters the bar, he sees me in the corner. My clothes are torn, I'm covered in scars, and I have a long gash across my face.

It's been 3 rough nights of running through the streets, barely still alive.

What happened to me, you ask? I got ambushed by a group of 29 ferals as I left the mall. They injured my falcon. He flew away to safety to heal. Then they began beating and slashing at me. Suddenly, an enraged troll through the streets and attacked the ferals. I used the distraction to drag myself away from the fight and into some bushes. For two days and one night, I spent my time in the bushes hiding, healing. My scent was still masked by the ashes.

On the dawn of the third morning, I dragged myself to McCoy's. There, he stitched up my wounds. I stayed at the bar, waiting for another survivor to come. The wait came to an end when Matt walked into the bar.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

Last edited by Maolain on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:52 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

i wake up and me and Sheva exit the house and make our way to the bar we see a troll and i shoot it twice in the head and it dosnt effect it so i decide to use one of the bottles so i take the empty bottle and i feel half and half using bleach and ammonia then i throw it at the troll the bottle mixes and as i make my escape i here the ogre hit the floor then i enter the bar and see to others

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

wait.. you got a gun in a house? no fair the houses are mostly empty -_-

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next