It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: The terror attacks in Norway
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 am 
Captain
Captain

mfreak wrote:
Its got nothing to do with religious beliefs. Terrorism is a tactic. For example, what is the best way for the Al-Qaeda to advertise and promote itself? Make america hating speeches? Write newspaper coloumns? Or do they openly campaign for support from the people? No one will listen to them.

Now kill 3000 people from the worlds strongest country, bring the 2 towers that stood as symbols of economic freedom and prosperity down, and then accept responsibility for it. Doesn't that give them the spotlight? It does and that is exactly what they want. The whole idea that terrorists are religious fanatics killing for pleasure, is a misunderstanding. They are NOT religious fanatics, they just say so. They all have political agenda. Some of them are - Withdrawal of US forces from the middle east, Condemnation of Israel for what they did in Palestine and the Gaza strip etc. Now to further their political agenda, they indoctrinate people they recruit, make it purposefully religious, and then commit atrocious acts of violence, and then promote themselves. Good or bad, publicity is good right?

^
you said it before I could :( but you are completely right. I was just starting off making a statement about the hatred for all Muslims due to Al-Qaeda but I guess some of them still think that the terrorist that did the bombing and shooting in Oslo was a member :sigh:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I believe terrorism is never going to end look at Osama Binladen seal team 6 killed him but Al-Quaeda is still active in bombing Pakistan.Terror is never gonna end is it?

made in the hands of darklighter
BD Maintenance
TLG
RFFN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:05 am 
Captain
Captain

Did you expect terrorism to end with Osama's death?

First of contrary to popular belief Muslim radical groups like Al-Qaeda are not the only terrorists in the world. In fact nowhere close.

Secondly Osama was the face of the organization. His death did nothing but send a false message of hope to the people. The brilliance of terrorist cells are that they are self-sufficient. There is no, head off the snake thing with them. If Osama's death did anything it would have just spurred Al-Qaeda on.

Terrorism will not end because it is an opinionated title. I doubt many of the IRA radicalists would call themselves terrorists. I cannot change how people view things and that is why terrorism will always exist.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 am 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

etartios wrote:
yeah I heard that he was captured,Why did he do it? I can't understand why they do it.

He say that he was starting a war against islam. He also said "It was a terrible thing to do, but it had to be done"
GerberBaby1 wrote:
I was just starting off making a statement about the hatred for all Muslims due to Al-Qaeda but I guess some of them still think that the terrorist that did the bombing and shooting in Oslo was a member :sigh:

Well, since he was against Islam, I'm having some doubts about him being an Al-Qaeda member
etartios wrote:
I believe terrorism is never going to end look at Osama Binladen seal team 6 killed him but Al-Quaeda is still active in bombing Pakistan.Terror is never gonna end is it?

As long as it is an effective tool for terrorists to spread their message, it won't end. The terrorist in Oslo had made a book describing everything from his views to how he made the bombs and planned it all. Because of this, his views are known all over the world. Another quote from him:
"I would rather be hated then forgot"

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2