It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: British Petroleum I Pressume
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

WRONG stupid American President Goon.

I had a slight but distinct amount of respect for Mr Obama, yeah partly due to the fact that he's the first black(ish) president in American history, oh and the fact that a liberal actually attained presidency.

But with the President and other US officials constantly referring to BP as British Petroleum my respect, and my somewhat 'loose' faith in him has all but gone.

Hmm, why the hell did I have any faith in the first place?? I'm British and therefore any liberal government in the US is surely bad for business back in Blighty...well, with the anti-British sentiment sinking in over there in la-la land this pretty much proves my point.
But wait, I thought we were loved, I thought all Americans appreciated were their roots came from and that for god knows how many decades we've been pretty much the only serious allie the US could rely on in their 'moral conquests' and such...nah, probably just me.

I always had concerns that Mr Obama didn't really get us, didn't really like us, but whatever...what's the worst that could happen.

BANG! A massive environmental disaster happens and who does he blame first, well of course, British Petroleum....erm sorry BP!! moron. BP changed their name a long time ago because, well, it's not 100% BRITISH OWNED!!!

It's pratially owned by both the British and the US. Also I suppose it doesn't matter then that BP used $16mil to lobby US congress in 2009 does it??

This "President" isn't being very presidential with his constant anti-British rhetoric. He would do well to remember were the laws and traditions of America originally came from. But I suppose it doesn't matter, after all, he is African....right???

Here's what I say, BORIS JOHNSON FOR PRIME MINISTER!! At least Boris isn't afraid to tell Obama were he can stick it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285467/BP-OIL-SPILL-Lord-Tebbit-Boris-Johnson-attack-Obamas-anti-British-rhetoric.html

Post subject: Re: British Petroleum I Pressume
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:34 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

From an American point of view...
I don't feel any anti-British sentiment developing around here... and the majority of Americans don't care that Obama is blaming Britain... We're still blaming the COMPANY for it's mistakes. I actually like Great Britain anyways so I might be biased too...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:48 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

from what i've understood he are blaming great britain for not stopping it, for not beign readdy to stop it. and since it's on biritish soil i would probly do the same. btu thats just my opinion

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm 
Captain
Captain

This is what they get when they have an swedish CEO. qualithy= Low. Nej jag har inte peng til vedlikehold.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:17 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

it isn't anti british he just doesn't like how unprepared the company was to stop the leak and then lied about how much was leaking into the gulf

obama originally didnt want to let offshore drilling around the us but he agreed to let it if companies followed strict safety protocols one of which was how to respond to this kind of situation which the company didn't have a good plan for

so obama doesn't allow offshore drilling because of the danger
then he allows it given safety protocols are followed
major ecological disaster because the company didn't follow the rules
americans get angry with obama for not being stern enough
obama gets stricter with the company
obama temporarily bans offshore drilling untill it fixes the spill and safety is reviewed
offshore drilling companies try to overturn the ban in court

so it simply proved obama was right in the first place because companies care too much about money to follow rules and now he looks bad because of it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jun/

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 pm 
Captain
Captain

Hmm, The Daily Mail, what a pinnacle of Journalistic Integrity.

Nonetheless, this isn't Britain's problem. EVEN IF the company was still called British Petroleum, which it is not.

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:11 pm 
Captain
Captain

What do you mean ? Its not called British Petroleum ? and its not Britains problem its the company problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

Both. The company hasn't been known as british petroleum for more than ten years. Even if it was called British Petroleum, it wouldn't be Britain's problem.

The fact that someone sells "American Fried Chicken" doesn't mean that America is told off every time someone sells a dodge KFC.

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

Steven wrote:
Both. The company hasn't been known as british petroleum for more than ten years. Even if it was called British Petroleum, it wouldn't be Britain's problem.

The fact that someone sells "American Fried Chicken" doesn't mean that America is told off every time someone sells a dodge KFC.

HA!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:31 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Steven wrote:

In 1998 BP merged with an Indiana fuel company (known as Amoco, or better yet, remember when it was named the Standard Oil Company?)

So it really is a joint US/British Problem, and finger pointing and name blaming will continue to go on as long as politics is present ... which means forever and a half.

You can get frustrated, you can get angry, but the bottom line is it doesn't matter whether or not the President says something, what matters is what the majority of the EDUCATED AMERICAN PUBLIC believes, and we're not blaming Great Britain for anything.

WE ARE however, blaming BP for this unorganized mess and so called 'response.' As they, much like the political figure heads, are pointing figures, blaming others, and aren't getting anything done. Just yesterday, a robot bumped into an oil cap, and caused yet another leak. Isn't that just great?

However, if you are to blame our President because he is 'African'

DayOfDaylight wrote:
This "President" isn't being very presidential with his constant anti-British rhetoric. He would do well to remember were the laws and traditions of America originally came from. But I suppose it doesn't matter, after all, he is African....right???

That really just puts you on the same level with all the other bigoted political lunatics, and members of the KKK.

The American public, and probably the British Public, and heck all of the publics around the world just want to see some action get done, and people to find solutions that work.

But, as long as there's politics, large greedy corporations, and the need to seem powerful, it's not going to happen.

Gulf Spill = HERE WE COME 2012

End of story.

Guess what? I lost my banhammer again .. crap TT__TT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next