It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elements
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I was thinking about a long reply to Strawberry, but no.

Those 7 bans (+3 ex) of WIND are saying more than every word of me.

You got my last offer to end this era with a bit honor for your alliance.
I won't send you any offer, NAP, cease fire or whatever again.
I am seriously done.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:51 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

We have an ultimatum.
Adapted out of context: I love ultimatums. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:55 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

SM calls elements playing fair :D , from the begining that was very unfair trying to take SYN with outrageous ammounts of subs.
well honestly i guess it was fair because SYN will now be known as true epic greatness !! :D And you needed all them to attempt a win on them :P ..

earlier i mentioned a world just for massive subs .. i now take that back MGH would pwn the elements :D so wouldn't even be worth trying ;)

Wins SYN UGTB AnD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 pm 
Captain
Captain

gipsy wrote:
You got my last offer to end this era with a bit honor for your alliance.
I won't send you any offer, NAP, cease fire or whatever again.
I am seriously done.

I disagree with this entirely. If you play you should ALWAYS play for the win. Never settle for less, even if t doesn't look like you can win. Being a coward and surrendering and setting for second is not honor. I have no respect for those people. If the alliance instead fought, lost and died, even if they didnt finish top 12, they earned my respect.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

tdoc25 wrote:
SM calls elements playing fair :D , from the begining that was very unfair trying to take SYN with outrageous ammounts of subs.
well honestly i guess it was fair because SYN will now be known as true epic greatness !! :D And you needed all them to attempt a win on them :P ..

earlier i mentioned a world just for massive subs .. i now take that back MGH would pwn the elements :D so wouldn't even be worth trying ;)

Thank you :)

The Elements gave us a hard fight. They pushed us back, we had to relocate, lost 90% of our area,....
Long story but i guess you saw :)
So all i can say is thank you guys and gals. SYN won't come back to m4 for now (at least not with me as leader)

oh wait..haven did a reply:

I disagree with you in this case. It was the right desicion for the elements to take my offer. It would have been the same result in 1 month more. We got all back what we lost before and were up to go for the colonies. WIND had still banned players and other elements got inactive. At the end it was just a question of time
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

gipsy wrote:
oh wait..haven did a reply:

I disagree with you in this case. It was the right desicion for the elements to take my offer. It would have been the same result in 1 month more. We got all back what we lost before and were up to go for the colonies. WIND had still banned players and other elements got inactive. At the end it was just a question of time
Cheers

I am not saying it was a smart decision. They definitely would have lost, no question. I called that a long while back. I just disagree with you saying that they were saving honor by accepting this. They weren't they were just giving away what little respect I had for them left. Did it get them rank 2 when they would have gotten rank 15? Yes it did. But it wasnt honor it was cowardice that made them accept it. Never accept defeat even when you know you wont win. Look at M2F 3-4 eras ago on M2. They went up against their brother alliance NWL because they refused to accept 2nd place. Two Face offered me many offers some were very good offers as we were friends. But had I accepted them M2F would have lost respect. We fought to the end, which is how everyone should.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i remember michael saying that gypsey can be happy for giving thier efforts for how they managed do do so good in the beginging against all of them . him replying to one of my comments .. and also saying but in the end that she will still not be happy because they won't really accomplish what she really wanted too :P.
well i agree with you gerber baby atleast try to preserve the dignity the elements have left and fight the failing battle .....
because it was nothing but talk of how SYN will fail and now the elements give upp due to a sinking ship, as the titanic doom was destined but atleast they fought for their lives ;)

Wins SYN UGTB AnD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

hmmm

Sometimes there is no black and white, just a grey. We ended this era as an era should end. Shaking hands, thankful for every night and day we spend to fight each other.
I am still around at BD and with some WIND players now. We decided that after we agreed at m4 to end it like this. Its wasn't my goal to defeat every member of the Eements till the last unit.
Our "history" at m4 was from a fun era (MW/IAN) to SYN for the reason to give competition. And thats what we did.
I would always join an "easy" server to do the same. Sometimes its not about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm 
Captain
Captain

gipsy wrote:
hmmm

Sometimes there is no black and white, just a grey. We ended this era as an era should end. Shaking hands, thankful for every night and day we spend to fight each other..

Yes however usually that happens when the winning alliance acknowledges the skills and strength of their competition after just killing them. Rolling over and playing dead has no honor in it. Especially after you get caught cheating. If you want a win bad enough that you cheat to try and get it and then give it up then you don't deserve anyones respect. You play for the win. its a game. So its all or nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:21 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

True, if it had come to SYN losing, I would have voted against any handover. And attacked the relics repeatedly. We just wanted to save time, and offered the Elements a way out, and they accepted it. I mean all you need for a win is 10 relics, so why not just give them their crystals and take what you want and move out. Thats what we did. But if it had come to the elements beating SYN, you would see my colony at 20 power, no crystals and conquered :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next