It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Early production bonus?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:14 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Not putting this in community suggestions, since I'm not suggesting a new change to the game yet. Just wondering how people feel about this, or if they've actually thought about it.

Basically it's about how boosters have a bigger advantage than I feel they should in the first 300 ticks (I am a booster, so I'm not bringing this up because I'm hurt about it).

So with large workers small workers and emergency workers you can get 1000 workers by tick 100 easily. Along with this you'll most likely end up boosting metal and oil to build lvl 5 metal and oil structures too. This I'm fine with. However my problem with this is the extra production you get from coming out of protection.

Spoiler:
At tick 100 a player with 1k workers and lvl 5 structures receives:

200 metal and 130 oil.

At tick 100 a player with 500 workers and lvl 4 structures receives:

90 metal and 50 oil.

Assuming the first player is a booster and the 2nd player is not then those stats look fine. But then for the first 300 both players get a 50% production boost.

Spoiler:

200 (+100) metal and 130 (+65) oil.

90 (+45) metal and 50 (+25) oil.

As you can see here the extra production for the booster alone is nearly as high as the none boosters income all together.

It's not like it's hard for boosters to get income as it is. I mean if they can boost then they should be able to conquer quite a large area for income as it is. So I don't see why they should receive even more resources, while the none boosters have to suffer more.

I just find this a little unbalanced (even if boosters are meant to receive a larger reward). I know some of you will say here that you don't need boosting to win, but that's not so much the point here. For the elite players you don't need to boost to win, however not everyone is an elite player :P

I just want to see what people think about the early extra production ticks, and whether they do actually unbalance the early game a little bit?

Post subject: Re: Early production bonus?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

starwa7s wrote:
Not putting this in community suggestions, since I'm not suggesting a new change to the game yet. Just wondering how people feel about this, or if they've actually thought about it.

Basically it's about how boosters have a bigger advantage than I feel they should in the first 300 ticks (I am a booster, so I'm not bringing this up because I'm hurt about it).

So with large workers small workers and emergency workers you can get 1000 workers by tick 100 easily. Along with this you'll most likely end up boosting metal and oil to build lvl 5 metal and oil structures too. This I'm fine with. However my problem with this is the extra production you get from coming out of protection.

Spoiler:

200 metal and 130 oil.

90 metal and 50 oil.

Assuming the first player is a booster and the 2nd player is not then those stats look fine. But then for the first 300 both players get a 50% production boost.

Spoiler:

200 (+100) metal and 130 (+65) oil.

90 (+45) metal and 50 (+25) oil.

As you can see here the extra production for the booster alone is nearly as high as the none boosters income all together.

It's not like it's hard for boosters to get income as it is. I mean if they can boost then they should be able to conquer quite a large area for income as it is. So I don't see why they should receive even more resources, while the none boosters have to suffer more.

I just find this a little unbalanced (even if boosters are meant to receive a larger reward). I know some of you will say here that you don't need boosting to win, but that's not so much the point here. For the elite players you don't need to boost to win, however not everyone is an elite player :P

I just want to see what people think about the early extra production ticks, and whether they do actually unbalance the early game a little bit?

I agree and in this case I feel as if the 300 tick production boost should only be for first time players or removed.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:33 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

hey... now slinky, over excited :P :D
i can make new accounts everytime and get 50% bonus ;)

my suggestion
if everyone agrees, i guess 25% for boosters? and 50% for non?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
 YIM  Profile

The thing is with the 50% boost it encourages people to come out of protection without the boost would as many players come out of protection I believe they wouldn't and therefore there will be a lot less conquers before tick 101 due to there is no gain for everyone who leaves protection.

This suggestion could cause a greater imbalance to the game as during the first 100 ticks as boosters could boost and get the resources whereas non boosters don't have the 50% extra income or as many conquers to conquer as most "weaker" players will stay in protection as they have no reason not to and often in an era a good start in the first 100 ticks is essential for the rest of the era.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:16 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ads126 wrote:
The thing is with the 50% boost it encourages people to come out of protection without the boost would as many players come out of protection I believe they wouldn't and therefore there will be a lot less conquers before tick 101 due to there is no gain for everyone who leaves protection.

This suggestion could cause a greater imbalance to the game as during the first 100 ticks as boosters could boost and get the resources whereas non boosters don't have the 50% extra income or as many conquers to conquer as most "weaker" players will stay in protection as they have no reason not to and often in an era a good start in the first 100 ticks is essential for the rest of the era.

But what I'm saying is if a none booster and a booster both come out of protection, the booster is rewarded a hell of a lot more for it. If you didn't receive a 50% boost for coming out of protection, the none booster would be in a better position against booster, than if you did get the 50% boost.

What your saying would make sense if the boosters weren't given the 50% while the none boosters were. However the boosters get a larger reward from that 50% boost (as well as the resource they may buy too). If you actually look at the calculations in the spoilers it just shows how much of a boost they get from the 50% production over the none booster.

That 50% boost for coming out of protection is like a con ;) it sounds good because there's big numbers, however if you're a none booster it's putting you at a bigger disadvantage compared to a booster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

the booster can just boost the same thing anyways.. making this argument pretty invalid.. this makes it so non boosters can get this boost easy to kind of half way keep up..

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What if you couldn't boost extra production for the first 300 ticks though?

This isn't a suggestion to change the game so much. I just want to see if people agree with me that early game extra production unbalances the game. That's why i'm not suggesting ways to change the game here by bringing things up like the possibility to just boost extra production.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 pm 
Captain
Captain

I honestly don't see the point in giving rewards for dropping protection earlier than normal. It costs tokens to get a bonus on your resources, I thought I was being generous saying 1st timers get it.

kiddu10 wrote:
hey... now slinky, over excited :P :D
i can make new accounts everytime and get 50% bonus ;)

my suggestion
if everyone agrees, i guess 25% for boosters? and 50% for non?

This won't do. Most people won't make a new account every round and those who do obviously aren't winning enough :lol: or don't care to use forums.

Now then, if we look at it. Why should we reward dropping protection? I feel like protection is only meant to be extra time for 1st time players to take a look to understand how the game works. Get set up with the AANC and familiarize themselves with the concept of being a battledawner. Other than that one shouldn't need protection or be rewarded for dropping it when they already know how the game works, -Which is why they are dropping it in the first place-

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

well just saying but I like and think that the current system works.. and not sure I'd want it changed unless for something a lot better if you will...

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

RupertAngier wrote:
well just saying but I like and think that the current system works.. and not sure I'd want it changed unless for something a lot better if you will...

You like it because you either boost (even if it's blues) or are carried by a few red boosters. This is aimed at those that can't boost or be protected by a booster. If you look at the numbers it clearly unbalances the early game for non-boosters.

The current system supports boosters too heavily (I think). My reasoning for this is with such underpopulated worlds and players giving up after being conquered once, eras are over by tick 1000. With this free production bonus boosters get a FREE advantage over none-boosters for 3/10th's of the era for these eras.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]