It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Upcoming patch notes and asking for your advice...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1) We are adding clans to supermechs. Every player will be able to create or join a clan. Clan members cannot fight each other in ladder battles, and their score is combined. The weekly competition will also include a reward for the best clan of the week.

2) Adding a lot of achievements, each will give a credits reward at completion.

3) Adding Battle Credits. As you all know SuperMechs is free to play, but it is far from being free for us, and it costs a lot of money to maintain and develop. Battle credits are access to ladder battles. After every battle a player loses one credit, and a new credit is given every 20 minutes (even when logged out).

- Cheaters who play against each other will run out of credits for both accounts.
- Battle Credits can be also gained with achievements and other new features we will add later.
- Non stop players will have same chances to level up as those who don't have so much time on their hand

The initial parameters we are now working with are:
- A max of 20 battle credits.
- A player gets a new battle credit every 20 minutes.
- When depleted, battle credits can be bought with regular credits. One for 3,000 and 6 for 15,000.
- If the player doesn't want to buy more credits he can wait for them to fill up again and play the campaign / practice mode. Keep in mind that 20 credits are more or less 40 minutes of constant multiplayer gameplay (without accessing the workshop, chatting, or doing other things), and during this time the player gains two more battle credits.

3++) Another idea of implementing battle credits:

We add two new weight categories:
1,200 weight (mech2)
1,400 weight (mech3)
And use battle credits with those two categories only so the 1,000 weight battles will remain as they are.

4) Nerfing drainers.

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch nots and asking for your advice...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:22 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

liran wrote:
3) Adding Battle Credits.

It will cause to decrease the number of concurrent users.
Then, may be problems for low XP level users because it will be more difficult to find an opponent.

Post subject: i love this new idia a lot i can continue the game now
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:27 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

i love dis am also hacked and have only 14 coin with out legs but now i can get my coin again and after this update i can continue playing and fight people normally perfect idia that wath i want :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i love super mechs updates allways

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

liran wrote:
3) Adding Battle Credits. As you all know SuperMechs is free to play, but it is far from being free for us, and it costs a lot of money to maintain and develop. Battle credits are access to ladder battles. After every battle a player loses one credit, and a new credit is given every 20 minutes (even when logged out).

- Cheaters who play against each other will run out of credits for both accounts.
- Battle Credits can be also gained with achievements and other new features we will add later.
- Non stop players will have same chances to level up as those who don't have so much time on their hand

The inital parameters we are now working with are:
- A max of 20 battle credits.
- A player gets a new battle credit every 20 minutes.
- When depleted, battle credits can be bought with regular credits. One for 3,000 and 6 for 15,000.
- If the player doesn't want to buy more credits he can wait for them to fill up again and play the campaign / practice mode. Keep in mind that 20 credits are more or less 40 minutes of constant multiplayer gameplay (without accessing the workshop, chatting, or doing other things), and during this time the player gains two more battle credits.

This I don't like the sound of. While in the past all other updates have sounded interesting, this one actually limits players which I don't believe is a very good thing. In my experience games that limit the amount you can player per day become boring very quickly, because things start to get interesting the more you play then all of a sudden you're told you have to wait to carry on.
Regarding cheaters, I don't think this is a solution to stop them. This doesn't stop players from fighting their own mechs. While it may limit players from fighting their own mechs, everyone is limited from fighting all mechs so it will still be rewarding for these cheaters. If anything it will make things easier for them. Those near the top ranks will be the frequent players. With limitations very few of them will be on making it easier for the cheaters to find their own mechs in matchmaking.
As for buying battle credits, this is a huuuuuuuge mistake in my opinion. It makes the game a heavy pay to win game (which it has done well to avoid so far). It also favors the cheaters with money. Those that do reach the top ranks can continually buy SM creds through reds, to buy battle tokens. With the reward of winning battles too, continually playing won't be too difficult and makes it very easy for a player like this to win the weekly tournament no matter whether someone is better than him.
On top of this it makes it easier for cheaters with money to win the weekly tournament. As previously mentioned cheaters will be able to find their accounts easier than before. If a player is willing to pay for battle tokens across both accounts both accounts can play more than those who aren't paying giving the player the edge of cheating and more games.

I personally think a more suitable solution could be something like this:
Each player is limited to 5 games against another player per hour. This means they can continually fight however are restricted from cheating which solves that matter.
Then for the continuous players
Once reaching all stars you start collecting wins just like the current system. However upon losing you lose ALL stars for the top rank (or a number of stars). As the top rank is the most competitive, this should only effect them. This means someone with a stronger kill to death ratio has a better chance of winning the weekly tournament, even if they aren't as active:

Mentioned in a previous topic
Andy wrote:
Spoiler:
Now this I disagree with. I still think the ladder system has a lot of potential if done correctly. Initially when it was being released I was told you would earn 1 star per win and then half your stars for your current rank for a loss (so if you needed 12 stars at your level to reach the top, you would lose 6 per loss). I believe a system like this would resolve a few issues. For starters it would make cheating a lot more difficult as players purposely losing will have to win many more games to reach the level at which they can give one star over to their cheat account.
Another thing I like about losing more stars than you earn, is it doesn't necessarily mean the most active mech will be the winning mech at the end of the week. I've mentioned it previously before but I'll show you again here:

Player A wins an average of 7 matches before he losses.
Player B wins an average of 11 matches before he losses.

For this example we'll say you lose 6 stars per loss.

Player A losses 6 stars from the top rank and now has to gain 6 stars. He does so as he wins 7 matches before losing one. On top of that he manages to win 1 match at the top rank with all stars before the losses another game.

Player B losses 6 stars from the top rank and now has to gain 6 stars. He does so as he wins 11 matches before losing one. On top of that he manages to win 5 more matches at the top rank with all stars before losing another one.

After 11 matches each, Player A has the chance to recieve 2 winings at the top rank, however player B manages to recieve 5 winnings. In terms of activity, player A has to be a lot more active than player B to come out on top, else he won't get the points quick enough. This means if your mech is stronger than other mechs, but your activity doesn't quite compete with others, you still have the chance to compete for the weekly tournament.

These are just some solutions that I think will work better than your current solution. Aside from point number 3, I'm very excited to see everything else!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:41 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Hi all,

I log sometimes searching for news on the forum about update etc. hoping for a return to the old levels system, contrary I read that we are going from bad to worse.

Ideas no. 1 and 2 arent bad.

idea no. 3 means to make the free game nothing more than a demo version and if you want the "complete game" you have to pay a lot of money. I do not think it will be fine. Anyway this is your business, not mine. The time will tell you if you made ​​the right choice or not.

I just want to ask: there is no way to combine the old levels system with the new (economic) policy? Lots of player will be happy to be able to fight again with their 15/18/23 builds.

D.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How about this then:

1,200 weight (mech2)
1,400 weight (mech3)
And put battle credits on those two categories only.

The 1,000 weight battles will remain as they are.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:03 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

liran wrote:
How about this then:

1,200 weight (mech2)
1,400 weight (mech3)

I think it is not bad.
However most people may not buy battle credits by using credits.
Maybe additional methods are needed. (E.g. VIP account)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

liran wrote:
How about this then:

1,200 weight (mech2)
1,400 weight (mech3)

Would players from 1000kg tier have to fight 1200 or 1400 ? If not, then i like this idea very muchs :) just remember to nerf the drainers a lot, can't put too much emphasis on that...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My idea was that players only fight the same weight category.

If i am using my up to 1,000 mech then i will find up to 1,000 weight.
If i am using 1,200 I will find 1,200.
If i am using 1,400 I will find 1,400.

And why wont players buy battle credits? They are not expensive and there isnt much to buy after you finally build a mech you really like, now is there?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:04 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

liran wrote:
And why wont players buy battle credits? They are not expensive and there isnt much to buy after you finally build a mech you really like, now is there?

Because the expense of one battle is more than rewards.
It is hard to complete the builds considering to make all weapons level 11.
Even If I can be rank #1 by buying a lot of battle coins, The credits which I have will decrease.

So, I think new incentives will be needed.

For example
1. Add new special items that can not be found in the regular box.
2. If we play with battle credits and win, will be given a battle point.
3. Buy the special item or the special box by using battle points.

Last edited by Lampades on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next