It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:47 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Aeacus wrote:
MrOneTwoo wrote:
... and a strong shield is a huge advantage.

Also, weaker shields = more damage dealt = shorter battles.
I prefer shorter (15 turns) battles over long (60 turns) battles though.

I have no problem with the short battles and the weak shield. The problem: We do not get it equally strong shield.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:24 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

MrOneTwoo wrote:
I have no problem with the short battles and the weak shield. The problem: We do not get it equally strong shield.

Since this game is play4free game, there is a premium content present.

If everything were available for free then who would buy Tokens in order to support the game's development?

To put it short: if you want the "best" items, you have to pay real money for it (that's basically so in almost every online play4free game).

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:25 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

BUMP

new fixes and updates on the first page!

Spoiler:
edited 5th october:

1. Update for item boxes
We lowered extremely the costs for the small item box which contains now 3 items!
We increased the chance for legendary items in BOTH packages for tokens to 3% and 7% !!

2. Dungeons challenge
Fighting several mechs in a row and win items >>>>>>> coming soon!!

We hope that you enjoy those updates as much as we do. You are welcome to send us feedback anytime here or even with a PM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ilona wrote:
BUMP

Spoiler:
edited 5th october:

1. Update for item boxes
We lowered extremely the costs for the small item box which contains now 3 items!
We increased the chance for legendary items in BOTH packages for tokens to 3% and 7% !!

2. Dungeons challenge

We hope that you enjoy those updates as much as we do. You are welcome to send us feedback anytime here or even with a PM

Not sure if it's just the single player. But I've been playing single player and, when there's an energy shield, I keep getting the enemy down to 1 energy and it doesn't go lower (first the first couple of their turns). It's not because I'm not doing enough to get it below, there's times where I've got the energy to 1, yet when my droid fires it doesn't get the energy to 0.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
starwa7s wrote:
Ilona wrote:
BUMP

Spoiler:
edited 5th october:

1. Update for item boxes

2. Dungeons challenge

Not sure if it's just the single player. But I've been playing single player and, when there's an energy shield, I keep getting the enemy down to 1 energy and it doesn't go lower (first the first couple of their turns). It's not because I'm not doing enough to get it below, there's times where I've got the energy to 1, yet when my droid fires it doesn't get the energy to 0.

I too encountered that.
But I also saw that the shield doesn't absorb any damage in that state, the opponent is taking full damage and it's not reducing the energy. I think it was because it's using multipliers 2 energy or heat to absorb damage now. it has 1 energy, so it can't absorb any damage, but it's not 0, so the shield is not disabled. Something like that i guess. I'll forward this to the devs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:28 pm 
Major
Major

Aeacus wrote:
MrOneTwoo wrote:

If everything were available for free then who would buy Tokens in order to support the game's development?

To put it short: if you want the "best" items, you have to pay real money for it (that's basically so in almost every online play4free game).

--
Aeacus

That is not the approach you want though since it alienates your players and simply becomes pay to win and that is not what SM wants at all.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:15 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Korupt wrote:
Aeacus wrote:
MrOneTwoo wrote:

--
Aeacus

That is not the approach you want though since it alienates your players and simply becomes play to win and that is not what SM wants at all.

That's a lie :P any game needs money to survive. A game is at its best when it tempts you to buy money, however those who can't get hold of money don't feel the absolute need to purchase reds. The last past seemed good, however I imagine SM weren't making money from it since there was little temptation to buy reds. This patch went a bit too extreme, however with the latest fixyes they slowly are starting to fix it and I feel it will start working out better for the players and for the devs of the game :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:19 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Aeacus wrote:
MrOneTwoo wrote:

--
Aeacus

need to say something in this, u can get the best items without paying a dime, but it will take time and efforts. Using money will give u a small advantages, but not total advantages and there will be no money-only items.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:37 pm 
Major
Major

starwa7s wrote:
That's a lie :P any game needs money to survive. A game is at its best when it tempts you to buy money, however those who can't get hold of money don't feel the absolute need to purchase reds. The last past seemed good, however I imagine SM weren't making money from it since there was little temptation to buy reds. This patch went a bit too extreme, however with the latest fixyes they slowly are starting to fix it and I feel it will start working out better for the players and for the devs of the game :)

Nothing in what I said is a lie at all, sm never wants to become a pay to win game. Yes just as any other game it needs money to survive but there is a huge difference between generating income to survive and being a pay to win game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:28 am 
Captain
Captain

I like the concept for working hard for something in a game. But this is just grinding or getting your butt kicked until you can afford something. The game really has no story line or anything besides PVP to make you stick to it. I feel like all your arguments sound silly on both sides but its whateves. Im glad they are considering the new challenges.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next