It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Latest patch 3.4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:33 pm 
Major
Major

captain1821 wrote:
SideOneDummy wrote:
I actually think there is something wrong with the display of Ravens's account. [...] it could be an error in the coding.

Display error or not there is a huge bug with that kind of mech and that bug causes a thousand problems already explained in every possible way. Even if it is a display error, it remains a huge problem because right now the no1 player is marked as a potential cheater and this has nothing to do with me as rankings are public and everyone can see this.

Anyway, let's wait for another 100 "display errors" at the top and then maybe the administration might see this as a problem.

Korupt wrote:
I could only see this point being valid if all the top 100 players were exploiters.

Well since you are going to revive this again I will make one last comment. That is not an issue with how ranking is affected by quitting but that is an issue with other possible exploits. Meaning what should be fixed is the exploit and not the ranking system.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:09 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

the ranking list shows the building of the mech as it is right now. Does anyone thought about it that he doesn't want to show his mech parts? 8-)

Funny, that some people always assume there is cheating everywhere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:15 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Korupt wrote:
captain1821 wrote:
SideOneDummy wrote:
I actually think there is something wrong with the display of Ravens's account. [...] it could be an error in the coding.

Display error or not there is a huge bug with that kind of mech and that bug causes a thousand problems already explained in every possible way. Even if it is a display error, it remains a huge problem because right now the no1 player is marked as a potential cheater and this has nothing to do with me as rankings are public and everyone can see this.

Anyway, let's wait for another 100 "display errors" at the top and then maybe the administration might see this as a problem.

Korupt wrote:
I could only see this point being valid if all the top 100 players were exploiters.

Well since you are going to revive this again I will make one last comment. That is not an issue with how ranking is affected by quitting but that is an issue with other possible exploits. Meaning what should be fixed is the exploit and not the ranking system.

My intention is not to revive this again as there is nothing more to be said on this matter and also it is clear that you just don’t want to change the ranking system. I just had to make a point on some very “strange” things that had been said and that’s all.

Nevertheless, it is hard to stop myself from making a small comment to your last comment. That little bug over there makes legit players look like quitting and as we know quitting affects rankings, so yes, this is an issue with how rankings are affected by quitting and in case this bug is used by the no1, then it is a bigger issue. Also, even if you fix that bug, disconnections count as quitting and this means that you will have to do something about this too.

Changing the system by counting quitting as simple loses, would fix those and other problems already explained and would make things more fair. So, in case that a change in the ranking system is an easy and fast job, it could be a potential temporary solution until the bugs are fixed.

Also this game rocks and keep up the great job ;)

Ilona wrote:
the ranking list shows the building of the mech as it is right now. Does anyone thought about it that he doesn't want to show his mech parts? 8-)

I prefer the “display error” explanation. It would be the stupidest thing ever to cover your builds with the “cheat mech” when you can have any other loser mech over there to display.

Also, nobody accused anyone for anything. Display error or a cover for his brilliant mech, this is not the case. We talk about something very different here.

Posts merged, in the future please refrain from double posting simply edit your previous post to include what you wish to say.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

For the record, I only mentioned display error because I have seen that mech on when he was live and playing at level 39. I actually watch Ravens play because I learn some interesting insights in watching play (from time to time). That said, whatever is up, I vaguely remember fighting Ravens in the bast and I remember Ravens being a fierce and admirable competitor. I honestly think all these recent posts have been more of a learning lesson (for me included) and I think there should be no harm no foul here.

Still, classy post llona. Way to chill the tension in here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:52 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Ilona wrote:

Just watch some replays and his cover will blow up :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5