It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

*Be respectful at all times!

* Only one thread for each player please.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: What a great game!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:46 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Hi there,
I am Mordor538, 40 years old, I don't wear cloggs, and I don't like tulips, but guess where I'm from.
So an old dog can learn new tricks;
I got hooked on Super Mechs because of my son, now he wants to have me send to the funny farm because I can't stop playin'. Lol.
I really like it, buildin' a Mech from scratch, gettin' new stuff, too bad that there are no more then 30 levels.

But I do have some questions, but I do not know where to post them.
Like how many rounds are in the normal, hard and insane modes?
How do you get those medals,.. they look real cool.
What is it with the master kits,... do they deploy themselves, and if so when?
And I what about the + resistance? How does that work?

See you inside.

Hail Sundonak, Mordor Rules!

(forgive an old man his quirks, but that is how we used to end al our correspondence in a game called 'Quest', and we played that by mail, no MAIL, email,... that sounded like someone not sure about what he or she wanted to be lol.) :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: What a great game!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:20 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Why hello there and welcome to our forums.

To answer your questions...
Mordor538 wrote:
Like how many rounds are in the normal, hard and insane modes?

Mission don't have 'rounds' per say. Each one has a varied amount of enemy mechs, tanks and buggies but generally the higher the difficulty, the more you'll have to face.
Mordor538 wrote:
How do you get those medals,.. they look real cool.

To obtain medals you have to become the 1st-3rd best player by the end of the weekly tournament. You will receive Bronze for coming 3rd, Silver for 2nd and Gold if you manage to come 1st. As well as that you'll earn quite a good amount of credits.
Mordor538 wrote:
What is it with the master kits,... do they deploy themselves, and if so when?

Master kits work just like regular ones, you can deploy kits by selecting the 'Kits' button while in battle.
You first have to equip your mech with kits in order to use them.
Mordor538 wrote:
And I what about the + resistance? How does that work?

Resistance basically decreases the amount of damage you take from your opponent for example... If I have 10 resistance then any damage that I take from my opponent will be negated by 10 points. This also works the other way around as well say if I have -10 resistance my opponent will deal 10 more damage points to my mech.

Also keep in mind that there are three types of resistance; Physical, Explosive, Electric and weapons will only affect resistance corresponding to their type.

Then you have weapons with resistance drain which take away 'x' amount of resistance when used.

Bots Bashed: 4,956

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the game!

...Orc mordor?

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Hi there Alexander & Xzyckon,

Well I used Mordor 20, 25 years ago to add some 'scare & mysterie' to my party of Quest, a party that started of with five people, a priest, a warrior, a thief, and a wizard and one by choice, once a week you had to fill in an order form and send it to the PBM there all orders were collected, manually entered in to a computer the size of a small shed and then the results of all the actions and interactions of all the characters were send back to us, the players. (people from all over europe played it)

So,... mordor.

And Orcs well, as a classification of my exes, yes. I started off with a Gremlin, moved up through a Ghoul and a Goblin, to end up with one of the foulest Orcs of the fourth Era, (so close to an Ogre not even Shrek would know the difference!)
If I am, in any way, involved in a relationship right now? No I decided to stay single for a while, in fear of what would come next,...

And then Mordor was known only to a selected few nerds who managed to get through the books, today, it is somewhat like the new mythology, the LoR (lol) and the story of the X men & the Avengers; which is great,... my son and I can relate in so many ways because of that,... I knew I would be provided a great excuse for all those years of collecting comics and reading fantasy.)
If I was a nerd? Most certainly, but one with fists of lightning and the neck of a bull, added to that; a skill set at Street Fighter 2 on the Super Nintendo
so it was not a problem ;)

Thank you very much Xzyckon,
For answering all my questions. I had read it a few days ago, but something keeps demanding my attention,... takes up all my time,... lol. ( have to build, collect, remodel,... subtract items, get tokens,... my precious,... oh jeez,...

What I meant about 'rounds' was actually the number of missions, you have to complete,... to complete the normal, hard & Insane modes. (I am not sure if you can tell me, or rather if it is allowed, but I would like to have an estimate of the amount of keys I will need, and how many tokens I will need to buy those keys,.... so I know how much tokens I can use to expand my collection. It is possible to use Tokens to buy money In the game,.... PLEASE don't ever do it the other way around; I can see myself sitting,... surrounded with stacks of take out & pizza boxes,... a beard, that would make Methusalem cry,.... and not being able to stop clicking, even when I am not 'on the mouse' anymore.

Thanks again for your answers. Oh and I posted a little wishlist for Christmas, actually it felt more like Luther nailing his list of, what was it 112 suggestions, to the church door, which of course started the ( well we call it the 'Beeldenstorm' I have no idea what word is used in English, but it started the 'Dark Ages', people critizising the catholic church, and destroying their Idols).
I would just like for Super Mechs to get even more addictive,.... hahahaha. ok gotta go.
Have a good one.

No not doing it this time,... oh what the he,...

Mordor Rules! Hail Sundonak!

( No Sundonak, is not some misspelled East-German kind of guy,... no he was the Lord of Justice and the God of War,... hahaha,... all that from 20 years ago, still so clear, but when I am at the supermarket, or the Mall,... I haven't a clue what I went there for in the first place.
And I end up with so much more stuff, food, and drink, when I come in now, I can see the guys who keep the shop stocked and the racks filled thinking,... 'not that guy again, we'll have to order another truck again just to restock on toiletpaper, garbagebags, and cleaning towles alone!')

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iconoclastic Fury <- straight from wikipedia.

...Garbage bags?

How can anyone get through those o.0

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:24 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Welcome to the game!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:53 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Thanks money,

I like the picture, ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:56 am 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team
 WWW  Profile

Welcome :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:01 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Welcome to the Game! Mordor
Have Fun! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:10 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Took a lil' time & effort, but I made it to Rank 1, nr. 1, hehehe I must admit, when Dewah wasn't lookin' he is a real hard one to beat!

I'll be Slashing on,...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]