It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

*Be respectful at all times!

* Only one thread for each player please.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reporting a Hacker.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:32 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I don't know if there's an official place to report people, but if not I'm putting one here.
A friend of mine on Super Mechs got her account hacked (Password was stolen) and everything she had on the account was lost. She was forced to make a new account and is now attempting to make up her progress. The Username of her hacked account was "hotlinesword," and the new one is "hotlinesword2," if that helps.

However, I believe that I know who the hacker was. Another Super Mechs player by the Username "nakainus." I request this player is banned and, if possible, hotlinesword could get a "recovery" set of items.

Thank you.

My obsolescence won't stop me from trying.

Post subject: Re: Reporting a Hacker.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

There is no working hack for Supermechs. However there are a lot people who try to scam and try finding out your password ("give me your password and I'll send you a cheat to gain tokens. This works 100%!!!)

And nope, this won't work but you'll end up without an account and without tokens.

I guess, this has happened to your friend as well.
And as much I dislike it, its up to you to secure your account as much as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:42 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ilona wrote:
There is no working hack for Supermechs. However there are a lot people who try to scam and try finding out your password ("give me your password and I'll send you a cheat to gain tokens. This works 100%!!!)

And nope, this won't work but you'll end up without an account and without tokens.

I guess, this has happened to your friend as well.
And as much I dislike it, its up to you to secure your account as much as possible.

Okay. I'll be sure to spread the message around, and I think the more "modern" trick of stealing a password is the "trade accounts" trick. You sure we can't ban the guy? xD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:00 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

In order for a ban to occur, there must be proof first that he was the one who did this. Otherwise, there is a chance the admins would be banning a player for no reason.

Sometimes people give their passwords out and get duped. Othertimes, another player is able to figure it out on their own (maybe because they know the person well enough to guess their passwords). But you should never give anyone your password and you should make sure yours is not easily figured out. Perhaps your friend was using a very standard password, such as 'abc123' or even 'password1'.

Either way though, everyone should be cautious and make sure to secure their accounts. Never trust anyone to enter into your accounts. Anyone who can legitimately help you can send whatever you need by other means.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:03 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Quote:
In order for a ban to occur, there must be proof first that he was the one who did this. Otherwise, there is a chance the admins would be banning a player for no reason.

Sometimes people give their passwords out and get duped. Othertimes, another player is able to figure it out on their own (maybe because they know the person well enough to guess their passwords). But you should never give anyone your password and you should make sure yours is not easily figured out. Perhaps your friend was using a very standard password, such as 'abc123' or even 'password1'.

Either way though, everyone should be cautious and make sure to secure their accounts. Never trust anyone to enter into your accounts. Anyone who can legitimately help you can send whatever you need by other means.

I was kidding, but alright then. [i'm not trying to be sassy (seriously{i'm making this worse on myself, aren't i?})]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

nah, you aren't making it worse at all.

On Battledawn its way more easy for us admins to find out what happened and what caused it. On Supermechs with more than 20000 active players daily (browser based), and nicknames + usernames its just more difficult. I often sneak into the chat and see messages about "free cheats" "100% hack" "cheat engine that works" and so on.
The most funny thing that I ever saw was a guy who tried to get MY account. Even after banning him, he still used a multi to try it ("I can give you 10000 red tokens!)

:lol:

So yeah, I am sorry, but there isn't much we can do.

The official rule can be found in the spoiler

Spoiler:
2.1.3 Accurate and Secret Information: You shall provide Tacticsoft only with accurate information about yourself and shall keep Your User Account information, including password and other login information in utmost secrecy and shall be liable to any damage, direct or indirect arising from the misuse of Your User Account. Should You find that any personal information regarding Your User Account has been violated or disclosed, You shall immediately and without any delay (1) notify Tacticsoft of any unauthorized use of Your password and User Account; and (2) make intentional efforts to ensure that no other party misuses Your User Account thereafter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

That's fine. Thank's for the info ^u^

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]