It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Chasis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:12 pm 
Private
Private

Does a chassis really help a alliance, because if your chassis is vehicle your opponent would just make anti- vehicle. Like beam and infantry.

Last edited by cake20 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Chasis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What exactly do you mean by "help", like does it offer stats or from a general gameplay perspective?

Different chassis to me represents different playstyles; from the quick infantry zerg rushes to the slow burn of tanks, they kinda fit into what your capabilities are economically and strategically.

If you mean stat-wise, yeah they do since:

-inf deals 25% more damage against vechs.
-vechs deal 25% more damage against tanks.
-tanks (in most situations) outscale inf health-wise, so a squad of tanks can easily take on a certain no. of inf squads.

>Basically like a giant, slightly more complex game of rock, paper, scissors
-inf is the cheapest, allowing for massive, replaceable armies that could be built quickly.
-vechs are balanced enough that you could make a fairly large, effective army out of them, just not as large as an inf army.
-tanks, while expensive, have both durability and firepower going for them, so you don't need a large army to rek.

tl;dr: I have no clue what I'm talking about.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:30 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Right now, I'm trying to see if it's effective to:
1. Equip a beam weapon to a tank.
2. Equip a concussive weapon to a vehicle.
3. Equip an explosive weapon to an infantry.

The reasons are:
1. Tanks already dominate against infantry, and may need to compensate for its weakness against vehicles.
2. Vehicles, likewise, have a good chance to take down tanks, and may need to utilize weapons against infantry.
3. Infantry, having the capability to eliminate vehicles, may need to protect themselves from tanks.

So, far that's how I do things. That's why I might need an advice (not a full Adobt-a-Newb tutorial) regarding the proper combination of chassis types and weapon types.

But, it is clear that the armor and range type units are the best picks. (Clearly, high damage doesn't seem to be significant in this game of numbers.)

MmCm6 wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "help", like does it offer stats or from a general gameplay perspective?

Different chassis to me represents different playstyles; from the quick infantry zerg rushes to the slow burn of tanks, they kinda fit into what your capabilities are economically and strategically.

If you mean stat-wise, yeah they do since:

-inf deals 25% more damage against vechs.
-vechs deal 25% more damage against tanks.
-tanks (in most situations) outscale inf health-wise, so a squad of tanks can easily take on a certain no. of inf squads.

>Basically like a giant, slightly more complex game of rock, paper, scissors
-inf is the cheapest, allowing for massive, replaceable armies that could be built quickly.
-vechs are balanced enough that you could make a fairly large, effective army out of them, just not as large as an inf army.
-tanks, while expensive, have both durability and firepower going for them, so you don't need a large army to rek.

tl;dr: I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Definitely, I might as well agree. I must need clarifications, however, if one should use armor and range units or damage and range units. I'm still in doubt of my play style.

Name In-Game: Attack Here
Alliances: Havoc Mastery (HM).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 am 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team
 WWW  Profile

cake20 wrote:
Does a chassis really help a alliance, because if your chassis is vehicle your opponent would just make anti- vehicle. Like beam and infantry.

It helps in the sense that your army only has one weakness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

philippinexile1995 wrote:
Definitely, I might as well agree. I must need clarifications, however, if one should use armor and range units or damage and range units. I'm still in doubt of my play style.

Damage units are good pre-tick 200-300, when you want to make aggressive plays. After the range units start popping in, then that's when you'll find yourself at a disadvantage, primarily because ranged units hit first, and therefore cut into a damage-based army faster than they could react. Sure in prolonged fights (like several rounds' worth) damage may win out, but the point of ranged units is to end fights quickly. Again, It's not numbers that make ranged effective, it's their ability to hit first and hit fast.

You always get armoured units to act as meatshields for damage units early game, and ranged units afterwards. Damage units are nowhere cheap enough an durable enough to act as a defensive buffer.

Generally speaking though, you'll want to stick to one chassis, especially with an alliance, as it offers better coordination and better build efficiency. For example, I use mainly infantry units (both concussive and beam) because they are cheap and easily built; with a handful of anti-tank vehicles to supplement them in case of a tank army rolling in. Equipping different loadouts to a chassis to help counter weaknesses doesn't necessarily work, seeing as an infantry army will absolutely decimate a concussive vehicle army (with moderate/ heavy losses, which can be built right back) as a tank army with decimate an explosive infantry army (up to a certain number of infantry, but still with heavy losses).

Shameless plug to my guide linked in my sig if you want to know more (slightly outdated, but still relevant).

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:42 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I dont know how to explain it but

this 9 squads mixed chassis vs 9 squads of 1 chassis both are equipped with all kinds of wapons

Spoiler:

when using mixed chassis each chassis affects the other chassis in the battle and that makes them weak ( atleast thats what i think lol )

inf affects vechs and vechs affects tanks and idk if tanks affects vechs but i think yes

so each chassis has a weakness and u cant let that chassis fight with the one that affects it u cant let vechs fight with inf or tanks cuz inf will affect the vechs and vechs will affect the tanks and the tanks will affect the inf

hope that am saying something right and hope that helped lol

Iam just a LEGEND

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:55 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

MmCm6 wrote:
Damage units are good pre-tick 200-300, when you want to make aggressive plays. After the range units start popping in, then that's when you'll find yourself at a disadvantage, primarily because ranged units hit first, and therefore cut into a damage-based army faster than they could react. Sure in prolonged fights (like several rounds' worth) damage may win out, but the point of ranged units is to end fights quickly. Again, It's not numbers that make ranged effective, it's their ability to hit first and hit fast.

You always get armoured units to act as meatshields for damage units early game, and ranged units afterwards. Damage units are nowhere cheap enough an durable enough to act as a defensive buffer.

Generally speaking though, you'll want to stick to one chassis, especially with an alliance, as it offers better coordination and better build efficiency. For example, I use mainly infantry units (both concussive and beam) because they are cheap and easily built; with a handful of anti-tank vehicles to supplement them in case of a tank army rolling in. Equipping different loadouts to a chassis to help counter weaknesses doesn't necessarily work, seeing as an infantry army will absolutely decimate a concussive vehicle army (with moderate/ heavy losses, which can be built right back) as a tank army with decimate an explosive infantry army (up to a certain number of infantry, but still with heavy losses).

Shameless plug to my guide linked in my sig if you want to know more (slightly outdated, but still relevant).

I am greatly thankful for this good and comprehensive information. I think I could figure out a way to produce good units soon.

mostafa2324 wrote:
I dont know how to explain it but

this 9 squads mixed chassis vs 9 squads of 1 chassis both are equipped with all kinds of wapons

Spoiler:

when using mixed chassis each chassis affects the other chassis in the battle and that makes them weak ( atleast thats what i think lol )

inf affects vechs and vechs affects tanks and idk if tanks affects vechs but i think yes

so each chassis has a weakness and u cant let that chassis fight with the one that affects it u cant let vechs fight with inf or tanks cuz inf will affect the vechs and vechs will affect the tanks and the tanks will affect the inf

hope that am saying something right and hope that helped lol

Is this why everybody sticks to one fixed chassis type? This is a really good explanation, master mostafa. And as I do recall, the production of either infantry, vehicles, or tanks depend on the economic status of the colony.

I therefore conclude that:
1. Every unit has a valid weakness. The weapon type that you installed to units may or may not save them from their weakness.
2. For safety reasons, an individual or an alliance must stick to one type of unit either infantry, vehicles, or tanks should they decide to commence an attack. Mixing these units tend to be a waste.
3. There must be enough armored units to protect the range units that will do the attacking. There is no good outcome if you depend on damage type units all the time.

Of course, I couldn't be totally correct. Please masters, state a valid correction on my conclusion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:25 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

MmCm6 wrote:

The reason is due to the way battles work. Units attack based on their weapon. What I mean is, the infantry units with concussive weapons attack the infantry first (and do 100% damage), the infantry units with beam weapons attack the vehicles first (and do 100% damage) and the infantry units with explosive weapons attack the tanks first (and do 100% damage) so every unit is doing 100% damage.

On the other side (the attackers), the infantry with beam only does 25% damage. the vehicles with explosive do 50% damage and the tanks with concussive do 100% damage.

So the reason it works is because when you keep to one chassis (unit-type) like the defender, the attackers will only have 1 weapon type that can do full damage, where as all of the defender's weapons do full damage because they can target the units they are best suited for and do 100% damage.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:30 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

abeyant wrote:
The reason is due to the way battles work. Units attack based on their weapon. What I mean is, the infantry units with concussive weapons attack the infantry first (and do 100% damage), the infantry units with beam weapons attack the vehicles first (and do 100% damage) and the infantry units with explosive weapons attack the tanks first (and do 100% damage) so every unit is doing 100% damage.

On the other side (the attackers), the infantry with beam only does 25% damage. the vehicles with explosive do 50% damage and the tanks with concussive do 100% damage.

So the reason it works is because when you keep to one chassis (unit-type) like the defender, the attackers will only have 1 weapon type that can do full damage, where as all of the defender's weapons do full damage because they can target the units they are best suited for and do 100% damage.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

This makes more sense. How did I not think of this?

So, it's settled. One chassis type must be chosen depending on the economic status of your colony, and this chassis type must be equipped with all weapon types for more flexibility and reliability in combat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:21 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

This makes more sense. How did I not think of this?

So, it's settled. One chassis type must be chosen depending on the economic status of your colony, and this chassis type must be equipped with all weapon types for more flexibility and reliability in combat.

^ Yep that's the way 99.5% of experienced players play, and has proven most efficient way of building chassis. :)

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next