It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Which way is the best process to build army?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 am 
Private
Private

[color=#80BF40]HI,

i HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR QUITE A LONG TIME. BUT A PLAYER WHO IS AMONG THE TOP 10 TOLD ME THAT ONE ONE TYPE OF ARMY IS GOOD TO BUILD. i AM A LITTLE CONFUSED.
Shouldn't i build all soldiers? if not then what is the strongest combination of soldiers that i can build.

It would be very helpful if someone clarifies. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Which way is the best process to build army?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

They are many ways you can build your army, but it is recommended to stick with one chassis type either Infantry Vehicles or Tanks if you wish to build Inf then the "pro Build" is 10:0:20 meaning 10 armour units and 20 range units in each squad. if you wish to build Vech then the build is 5:0:10 5 armour and 10 ranged units. the build for tanks is 7:0:3 range 10 armour.

Hope this helped answer your question.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:01 am 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
 WWW  YIM  Profile

the probuild is the recommended build, with a ratio of 2 range : 1 armor, or close to that ratio. However there are many other good builds, but they require a lot of strategy and other stuffs. So I suggest stick to the probuild.

about the chassis (inf, veh or tanks), it's always better to use only one type of chassis.

The enemy will always use a mixture of all the weapon. Let's say, 1/3 of them is anti-inf, 1/3 is anti veh and 1/3 is anti tanks.

if you have only inf, only the anti inf units will do 100%, the anti veh will deal 50% and the anti tanks only deal 25% of the damage, for a total of 175 / 300 damage.

if you have inf and veh, the anti inf and anti veh will do 100%, the anti tank will do 50% to veh, for a total of 250 / 300 damage.

if you have all inf, veh and tank, all enemy units will deal 100%, for a total of 300 / 300 damage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:56 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

its lil confusing... At start...for new player.. I think inf and jeep is good.... With 20:10 and10:5 build...for rest join adopt a newb center , they will help with everything... Let us know when you kick this top player who made you think.. There is a secret.

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:45 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I never advocate for mixing squads. It gets too confusing and tedious to refill armor.

Many recommend the "pro build" filling your squads with 2 range to 1 armor... I dont recommend this for these reasons:

1. Armor dies off, forcing you to run around with partial ranged squads or refill your armor constantly.

2. It is much easier to estimate what to send if you send full squads of range and full/half squads of armor. This allows you to optomize xp easier, allowing you to turn any unnecessary armor after your spam hits and gives you a report of the army. XP generation is a very underrated tactic in the game.

3. It just looks ugly! Having a bunch of partial squads because you have lost armor here and there does not make it easy for your allies to assess your forces. It is much easier to know exactly what you are sending when your squads are all full and the only squads you need to resupply are full armor squads.

But, most players go with mixed ratio squads so its up to you to decide really. There is not a perfect method because the ratio of armor to range necessary varies from battle to battle (another reason to advocate for segregated squads)

Just stay away from multiple armor types and mixed chassis whilst focussing on range and armor.

-Pete

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:33 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

If you have mixed chassis and you all go for an attack the other team will destroy you if they are all one chassis, you will easy XP.
For squads I will set up a structure for you based on the chassis being used: For infantry you need to set up squads like this; 10 concussive armour units and 20 range units of either concussive, beam or explosive depending on what anit you are gonna do for tha squad. Never use anything but concussive armor as concussive units are the last to be attacked.
For vehicles you use the same thing but with 5 armour and 10 range.
and for mechs you use 3 armour to 7 range.
Make sure to have concussive armour only
Why Concussive ?:
Because concussive is the last kind of unit that will be attacked.
Explosive units die firs, then beam, then concussive so you will always last longer if your armours are concussive.
What do I name my squads ?:
AV for Anti Vehicles, AI for Anti Infantry, AT for Anti Tank
In those squads will be the corresponding anti-whatever in range units but the armour will be concussive.
Never mix your chassis because lets say you have inf anti vech, vech anti mechand mech anti inf. Someone using inf with propperly set up squads anti everything eventualy spread will kill whatever yousend at him as he will be built strongly you wont be.
That is an even battle yet the proper build wins:
Wow, but there are mechs:
The only way to win with that kind of build is through superior amount of forces which still means you take massive losses anyway as you have a sh*t build XD
Now, I heard that concussive armour dies last, it does die last but using it does not make you survive longer. People started building only concussive armor to be selfish and put the armor losses on their allies when they lost nothing or they lost much less. Now any player that knows the proper ratios builds only concussive armor so it is the same as if everyone had all type of armor. Now I don't want to insist on being selfish, it is just being fair because I also read that the armor loss will be distributed fairly among the members who participated in the battle (unless some has less than needed). But I agree, using all concussive armor will contribute nothing towards the battle result. So if u don't mind being the one who lose more armor, feel free to use beam and explosive armor
I rather find the Armour stuff a little funny.
I read guides on the forum saying that intelligent DISCIPLINED alliance should build armor relative to their chassis or that of their main enemy.
Armor doesn't normally make it out of the first 2 rounds of a major battle, but on an off occasion it might and it could be a good swing of damage if properly executed.
Most people will chalk this up to nonsense because armor does minuscule damage. But if you are infantry for instance, and you collectively build anti vehicle armor (Everyone in the alliance, which is difficult because people are punks), each squad of armor that survives to the third round would kill 5-6 opposing armor vehicles, and even better, if their armor doesn't survive that long, it could potentially kill the majority of a ranged squad.
I also read that if one person sends pure concussive and everyone else sent all forms of armor he would lose less since they would have to get through 2 kinds of armor before his is even touched. Building concussive armor was selfish when it first started because it allowed you to avoid losses while others took the hit. Now it does not matter much though since most people build purely concussive.
I'd recommend you filling in an application for a mentor at the Adopt-A-Newb Center, would help you pass the learning curve a lot faster the owner of this thread :)

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:19 pm 
Major
Major

firemanpete wrote:
I never advocate for mixing squads. It gets too confusing and tedious to refill armor.

Many recommend the "pro build" filling your squads with 2 range to 1 armor... I dont recommend this for these reasons:

1. Armor dies off, forcing you to run around with partial ranged squads or refill your armor constantly.

2. It is much easier to estimate what to send if you send full squads of range and full/half squads of armor. This allows you to optomize xp easier, allowing you to turn any unnecessary armor after your spam hits and gives you a report of the army. XP generation is a very underrated tactic in the game.

3. It just looks ugly! Having a bunch of partial squads because you have lost armor here and there does not make it easy for your allies to assess your forces. It is much easier to know exactly what you are sending when your squads are all full and the only squads you need to resupply are full armor squads.

But, most players go with mixed ratio squads so its up to you to decide really. There is not a perfect method because the ratio of armor to range necessary varies from battle to battle (another reason to advocate for segregated squads)

Just stay away from multiple armor types and mixed chassis whilst focussing on range and armor.

-Pete

I would actually avoid this since it also means you have to send at least 2 squads into every battle wasting oil, tying up more of your armor that may be needed elsewhere, and also if you require some armor but not much you will be wasting exp this way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

firemanpete wrote:

-Pete

I think its worth a shot.... Will make 3 fleet in ratio.. 1 for each weapon type. Just in case need to send 1 fleet.. Rest army build in range and arm full fleets.... If you are heavy on boost ... Why not... It will save up all time wasted on refill arm... By calling fleet back from war zone.

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
I would actually avoid this since it also means you have to send at least 2 squads into every battle wasting oil, tying up more of your armor that may be needed elsewhere, and also if you require some armor but not much you will be wasting exp this way.

I don't think you understand what I mean. It is much easier to follow a spam and turn a few partial squads of armor than to figure out exactly how much armor to put in prior to the spam. This way, I can turn armor if its unnecessary and gain pure xp on my range. If my armor is in my squad with my ranged units, there will either be excessive armor or not enough armor, limiting my ability to efficiently attack.

Filling squads back up with armor is tedious and unnecessary. Full squads are much cleaner and having clean cut 10 tank squads of range is so much more functionally pleasing to me than having random squads of 7-9 units after a battle.

Like I said, most people go with the "pro build" but I don't see it as the appropriate option when building xp. To each, His own.

-Pete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

firemanpete wrote:
Korupt wrote:

I don't think you understand what I mean. It is much easier to follow a spam and turn a few partial squads of armor than to figure out exactly how much armor to put in prior to the spam. This way, I can turn armor if its unnecessary and gain pure xp on my range. If my armor is in my squad with my ranged units, there will either be excessive armor or not enough armor, limiting my ability to efficiently attack.

Filling squads back up with armor is tedious and unnecessary. Full squads are much cleaner and having clean cut 10 tank squads of range is so much more functionally pleasing to me than having random squads of 7-9 units after a battle.

Like I said, most people go with the "pro build" but I don't see it as the appropriate option when building xp. To each, His own.

-Pete

Its worth a shot . I willl give it a try , when come back for an era thanks pete.

JUST A GAMER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next