It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: boosting
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:43 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yea, I agree Korrupt.

Like I said in my post. No use boosting if you arent going to be active.

Some people boost for units and sit on their colony the whole round. Ive said it before and Ill say it again: If you have never had a Range 4 or 5 unit, you arent playing the game to its potential :D. The XP system makes battledawn so much more fun and I encourage everyone to make an effort to try for it. Of course it isnt easy if you dont know the mechanics of the game well.

Boosting promotes laziness.... people get reckless when they have the big ole red token bandaids to fix up their army. So obviously there has to be a happy medium.

-Pete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

firemanpete wrote:
I have been known to boost from time to time. I have 5 different boosting schedules based on how much $ I am willing to burn on a round.

1. All out bankroll for the win.

Spoiler:
As suggested, this is only for people with the $ to burn, and I mean BURN. This is a surefire way to be competing for the win from tick 1, but is not for shallow pockets.

Tick 1 - The first boost is the most critical, so why not go big! Hit both workers boosts, both metal boosts and both oil boosts as well. And you know what, spank that Emergency Metal and Emergency Workers boost as well. Like I said, this method aint cheap. And why not send a few tokens to your alliance members who cannot afford the finer pleasures in life, their ability to expand and capture resource ops is directly coorelated to your success!

Tick 13 - light metal, light workers, and oil IF you need it.

Tick 25 - Hit them all again, no questions asked. By now you should have range upgrade and can build your first squad of ranged units. Spend the extra metal on the gates upgrade, your alliance will appreciate it.

Rinse Repeat until you are so far ahead that no one can catch you or your debit card cancels on you for insufficient funds.

2. 6k tokens for the win!

Spoiler:
Tick 1 - Both Workers, Both Metals, Large oil. Send out small amounts of tokens for your alliance to get large workers and large metal, but dont be too generous, you shouldnt need to feed all 9 of your allies.

Tick 13- Light Metal and Workers, no more feeding the slobs, by now they have tasted the glory of red tokens and should buy their own.

tick 25 - Both workers and Both metals, maybe a large oil if you are struggling.

From then on boost only workers boost to keep you around 1k workers.

3. 6k tokens for personal glory.

Spoiler:
Same as bankroll but dont send tokens to your allies... afterall, they didnt work for your money.

After tick 25, slow boosting down to metal and workers... once down to 1-2k tokens, boost only workers.

4. 3k like a boss. (*Preffered, 3k is more than enough to compete)

Spoiler:
Tick 1 - Both workers, Both Metal, Large oil.

Tick 13 - Light workers, light metal

Tick 25 - Both workers, Both Metal, Large oil.

Spend whatever you have left on workers boosts until you are dry.

5. 1k tokens because you just cant afford 3k.

Spoiler:
Buying in lots of 3k is the most bang for your buck as far as purchasing tokens goes. Its the cheapest for the amount of tokens you get because of the 200 blues you recieve as well (no reason to ever buy any higher amount, just make multiple purchases)

Tick 1 - both workers, both metals, large oil....

^ Thats about it, boost workers with whatever change you have leftover.

Obviously as everyone else said Activity is 10x more important than boosting. So if you arent going to be active, dont expect boosting alone to get you into first place.

Can 2k blues and 1k red is enough for an era.

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 am 
Private
Private

0 tokens can be enough for an era if you play it right. But if you're very active and have a good team, 2k blues and 1k reds will certainly help you out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:37 am 
Captain
Captain

I need 10000 reds to have a good start. But thats just me <3 Ive seen people win only giving reds away before ;) :lol:

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 am 
Private
Private

It's not hard to win without tokens lol. I just prefer to put like 6k-9k if I have the money

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:44 am 
Captain
Captain

Apollo wrote:
It's not hard to win without tokens lol. I just prefer to put like 6k-9k if I have the money

*Automated Response Voice*
To win without tokens press 1 now.

You've selected with without tokens. Please join an alliance with 5 or more boosters and have a good day. :)

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

true bders boost blues only :lol:

seriously though boosting is soooooooo nice

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3