It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: boosting
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:31 am 
Private
Private

how much should you boost at the start of an era? what should you boost? population metal oil? how long till you should stop?

-scared

Post subject: Re: boosting
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 am 
Major
Major

Depends on your activity and skill, personally I do not boost at all but when I do play I can be insanely active.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:49 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

1000 reds and the 200 blues you get for it. For me I boost heavy workers, light workers, heavy oil, heavy metal and light metal at tick 1. Normally that leaves me with enough tokens to do 2 more small worker boosts and then I'm done. (if I have blues from a winning era, I might use a little more, but I waste my blues on silly eras :lol:)

But korupt is right. It's all down to personal preference. I like to think I'm not a big booster, but it's true I need the tokens at tick 1 to do somewhat well for the rest of the era, else I need a team that can help carry me for the first few ticks while I work on setting myself up ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:52 am 
Private
Private

Since i am not a supporter and don't have reds, i boost 1 light metal, light oil and small workers just for a good start.
It depends on you really,On how many tokens you have and how active you are.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:55 am 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:
Depends on your activity and skill, personally I do not boost at all but when I do play I can be insanely active.

with activity what do you build then? normally i turn of protection and i have all 3 production structures and probably barracks then im left with 1000 metal what should i do then

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:58 am 
Private
Private

starwa7s wrote:
1000 reds and the 200 blues you get for it. For me I boost heavy workers, light workers, heavy oil, heavy metal and light metal at tick 1. Normally that leaves me with enough tokens to do 2 more small worker boosts and then I'm done. (if I have blues from a winning era, I might use a little more, but I waste my blues on silly eras :lol:)

But korupt is right. It's all down to personal preference. I like to think I'm not a big booster, but it's true I need the tokens at tick 1 to do somewhat well for the rest of the era, else I need a team that can help carry me for the first few ticks while I work on setting myself up ^_^

well i dont have reds, but if i boost light metal and population should i focus on military and go scans and barracks then full on armored infantry? or should i go finish construction of all available buildings?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I'd build lvl 1 workshop too (so you're closer to damage) and then some armour spams to collect the closer mines around you. Then I'd work on getting damage quickly for spams so you've got something to expand with, and expand as much as possible for tick 101 ^_^ Pick up as many conquers as possible at this point and that income should be able to get you a large enough army quickly :D Try not make any boosters hostile while you're setting yourself up, unless you think you have an alliance that can manage them.

What ever you do, don't recruit lots of armoured units. They are difficult to expand with and easily killed. I expand (when low on resources) with 2dmg, 1arm inft per squad in the early stages.

However I'm not KD, and KD is a lot better than I am (he says :D), so see what he says (Not a sly dig at you KD, just if you have better advice, saying he should probably listen to you over me).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 am 
Private
Private

starwarsoverlord123
Please do not double post, simply edit your previous post. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:16 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Varidhish wrote:
starwarsoverlord123
Please do not double post, simply edit your previous post.

Please! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:19 am 
Major
Major

For future reference do not double post, simply edit your previous post.

Now if you have some blues in the beginning go for what Vari suggested boosting wise, workers not necessary though. For structures it depends on what chassis I am planning to play that round with, if I am going to be tanks I will build the veh structure right away and then build the tank structure once ticks start. If I am going to be infantry I will go straight for damage and not worry about the chassis structures for a bit. The reason I do that is since inf are weak they need the damage upgrade to kill spam units other alliance's/players may send but if I am going to be tanks than 1 armor tank can kill 7 concussive armor inf. I like to train my spy from the very beginning as well, helps me set things up for later in the round.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next