It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thinking about playing BD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:11 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

IN BD you use the blue tokens you get to buy resources and workers i have seen the videos on youtube they are really boring you should try the game yourself

just pick a world with the speed that fits you 1tick per hour 2tick/hour 3/hour

i have also played 4 and 6 ticks per hour

put your colony do the tutorial if u havent done it before look for an alliance and read guides from the forum

ImaBoss696974 wrote:
Oh okay, Haha so kinda like Total Annihilation and Age Of Empires in a Fashion? Or Clash Of clans? If so, Its not really the game for me :p

i have played age of empires BD is alot better and i have played Clash of clans and its totally different from BD

but they are all strategy war games

u can search the forum for how to use the outposts / spies/ missiles or you can simply ask us

Iam just a LEGEND

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:47 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

None of the games you mentioned are similar honestly. I love Age of Empires, but BD is a completely different monster.

You need constant actively over the course of the entire era you are playing. You can play casually, but you most likely won't ever even enter the top 30 by doing so. Some people get away with it purely because they have connections, but this is seldom the case. Essentially, the less active you are, the more active someone else has to be in your team to pick up the slack. Essentially, to play at a high competitive level, you need to be on-call 24/7. Most serious BD players exchange their phone numbers, get multiple apps that allow for free international calling/messaging, all have skype.

Once again, BD can be casual, but it's not built for a casual to do well. Those with plenty of experience in the game can get away with more casual gameplay as they know how to maximize efficiency, but it's hard to do. That usually only works if you're looking to troll around and kill some people or your teammates are really good about calling you on when you're needed and only when you're needed.

Now I know this may not sound appealing to many players xD However, I will say, you make some amazing friends playing this game as you end up spending countless hours and sleepless nights together. Many play games inbetween ticks and have chats with another about random/weird things outside of the game. But along with that, sometimes people forget this is a game and get VERY hurt over gameplay tactics/betrayals. Often times, ending friendships

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 am 
Captain
Captain

malicewolf wrote:
Now I know this may not sound appealing to many players xD However, I will say, you make some amazing friends playing this game as you end up spending countless hours and sleepless nights together. Many play games inbetween ticks and have chats with another about random/weird things outside of the game. But along with that, sometimes people forget this is a game and get VERY hurt over gameplay tactics/betrayals. Often times, ending friendships

Very true , the sleeples nights , the funny jokes , the roast in chats , everything is fun. sometimes those chats are more enjoyable then the actual gameplay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:31 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hitmo wrote:

The funny jokes, the roast in chats, sometimes those chats are more enjoyable than the actual gameplay.

That's called being a Skype player rather Skype Active, that's being useless ingame. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

100003765070161 wrote:
Hitmo wrote:

The funny jokes, the roast in chats, sometimes those chats are more enjoyable than the actual gameplay.

That's called being a Skype player rather Skype Active, that's being useless ingame. :lol:

You're terrible at both. #bi-winning

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 am 
Major
Major

I would have to agree that the skype chats are tbh the best part of the game. I met some of my best friends in the game (which makes me sound pretty sad but idrc tbqh)

also,

Hitmo wrote:
About joining subs , i think subs are best for beginners (sry baz , our thinking is very different). It really helps in learning the game with you having the ability to expand & discover the map.

you are a TK player, your stance on subs is therefore not valid.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yessum wrote:
100003765070161 wrote:
Hitmo wrote:

(facepalm)

Last edited by 100003765070161 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:02 am 
Major
Major

Yessum's a *CENSORED* hoot m8.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am 
Captain
Captain

Yessum wrote:
100003765070161 wrote:

You're terrible at both. #bi-winning

million dollar truth yessum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:41 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Let's not get too out of hand peoples. It's not yet, but I see it leading there, soooo I'll just put this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next