It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Last sec troop movement
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:41 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

a team mate of mine is telling me that in order for the enemy to not see first tick of ur troops movement is better to launch in the last seconds of the tick.
Is this true ?

Post subject: Re: Last sec troop movement
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:38 pm 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team
 WWW  Profile

Essentially yes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I didn't get what you meant by "first tick of your troops" but when possible, one should always try and send EOT, or end of tick. Meaning that you should try and send any and all attacks with at most 5 minutes on the tick timer left. If you are confident in your internet speed OR you think that the ticks won’t lag and end the tick with 1 minute remaining then you can try and do it with even 10 seconds remaining. You will want to do this because it gives the opposing team much less time to react, and therefore, counter your moves.

-George

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:37 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It should be noted though, that end of tick isn't always the best.

It is almost always better for attacking, but when your units are travelling towards the front lines, it makes a lot of sense to send your units at the very beginning of the tick so that they can't scan your squads on the op.

PM me if you wanna have some fun :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:14 pm 
Captain
Captain

i suggest you should makes some notes . i noticed this on fantasy long ago but i dont know if this still exists also i havent played any era from past 1 yr i guess so i didnt notice on any other server , the thing is that the first tick used to end exactly when the time used to hit 0:0 the next tick used to pass when there were 5 secs left and the third tick used to passed when 16 secs were left for the time to hit zero. Then again the same circle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:22 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Hitmo wrote:
i suggest you should makes some notes . i noticed this on fantasy long ago but i dont know if this still exists also i havent played any era from past 1 yr i guess so i didnt notice on any other server , the thing is that the first tick used to end exactly when the time used to hit 0:0 the next tick used to pass when there were 5 secs left and the third tick used to passed when 16 secs were left for the time to hit zero. Then again the same circle.

Do not count on those times though. Not saying hitmo is wrong, but it is speculation. Sometimes the tick changes a little early and sometimes a little late. That is the risk you take with end of tick movements. The more important the move is however, usually, it's best to go as late a possible. But a good rule of thumb is last 2 minutes are pretty safe. The tick will never change that early and it's still late into the tick that it doesn't give your enemy a lot of time to react.

As said before, it allows your enemy less time to react. If you were to launch at the beginning of a tick with a 3 ETA attack, you gave your enemy exactly 3 hour to react to you're attack. However, if you launch at the last 2 minutes of the tick change, the you gave your enemy 2 hours and 2 minutes to react to your attack. The more active your enemy is, the more essentially end of tick movements become to gain an advantage. The QUICKEST defense can only reach at 2 ETA. So if you jam all gates near your point of attack, then you can very likely prevent any defense from stopping you (but they could still launch 3 ETA or 4 ETA defense, so always be cognizant). Sometimes just taking the OP to reset their control ticks is enough of a reason though.

But as said, if you're moving your army, then launch to your own OP as soon as possible may actually be what you want. I'm am very big on intel. I scan large armies as soon as they land. With that said, if I'm on offense moving my own army to one of my own OPs, I try to prevent my enemy from scanning my army, and therefore, after tick, I immediately move it to another OP of mine (enemies can scan defense, can only military scan, so if you're moving, they can't scan you). Also, dodge spams as much as possible. Keep your enemy guessing as to what your army is made up of. If they can see the exact numbers of your army, then they can set up for EXACTLY what they need to kill it. Do your best to prevent your enemy from gaining intel on you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:10 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

k got it,here's another question:

say my enemy landing on my rigged op with 30 sips,he put sp on op and i satt him.If he moves faster then me with the sp my satt will fail ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:30 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

stupiddevil wrote:
k got it,here's another question:

say my enemy landing on my rigged op with 30 sips,he put sp on op and i satt him.If he moves faster then me with the sp my satt will fail ?

Yes.
Gotta go fast!

PM me if you wanna have some fun :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:04 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Yes, his SP will be 50 added. On top of this, when you lose the OP, your infiltration points half. So if you had 30 when he took it, it'd be down to 15.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:11 am 
Captain
Captain

malice can u explain the adding of 50 sp to ticks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next