It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: CE 2015??
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:16 pm 
Private
Private

So BD starts another CE 2015 , what happens then :

1. Servers that are already at 600 population and in case of galaxy 300 get their population sucked out by CE and they come down to as low as 200 - 400 on .com and 100-150 on galaxy. BD servers require some cost to run and when these costs are not met by boosts they start to go in losses. So while CE maybe bring profits , it also ensures that other 15 servers start to go in losses during that period.

2. It has started a new trend , lots of people now dont want to play normal eras after playing CE. They save all their tokens and activity for CE. Hence leading to dead eras on other normal servers and less boosting.

3. As i heard last time CE almost bankrupt Tactisoft or had the potential to . so why would they want to risk it again??

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:17 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

spanish wrote:
I believe this should be in the community suggestions :lol:

Yes! Someone please start a poll and get people to vote to show some support. Or even move this thread. A poll would be better though.

Most Kills: 62,190
Most Wreckages: 177

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:50 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Overall, everyone has stated the same things in here. The last CE, while it did bring in lots of competition, also nearly killed us in both funding as well as player/admin moral. I think MANY of our player's often forget that our admin team is consistent of good people who are here FOR the community. Heck, most were in the community for YEARS before getting to where they are now. They are in their positions now because of how much dedication that have. Last CE, I personally had to try defending them and their position from constant barrages of personal insults, which in turn resulted in me getting a good amount of spam/insults against me. Granted, I'd much rather take the brunt of the insults than allow for them to go to the admins. But unfortunately, those who like to be troll's of that extent will go further. The biggest example of that being Lazar.

While there is no official statement (and I am speaking as a player right now, not as a mod), I personally do not think the BD staff should attempt another CE. I heard on the way side that there may be a need for a community driven CE and I think this may be a better solution. It would no doubt be a nightmare to have to try to handle it though and would of course require the admin's help still. More than anything, I would want to keep the admin's safe from the masses this time around. I would say keep the admin's identity unknown so they don't get barraged by the player's again. Perhaps even open it up for ANY admin to keep an eye on the CE and you'd simply not know which one was online watching at any point.

I'd have a policy that all admin's refrain from taking personal skype messages from players that are in regards to the CE (other than simple chatter). Essentially, the admin's shouldn't converse with player's outside of BD. This would be for their own safety/sanity. This way, the only means to contact admin's would be ingame/email in which case any of them could answer and none would take personal blame for any decision. This would eliminate any potential for player's to single out admin's on decisions.

I would like for ALL ban's on CE to be permanent unless VERY specific reasons come into play. Ban's for language or other small misdemeanor's i'm fine with being unbanned. Simply put a minimum day for ban, then have it go through for that time period. If player's are silly enough to go throwing insult's around that would get them banned, I have no sympathy. You think you have what it takes to win the CE but are silly enough to get banned for calling people names? Simply put, you didn't deserve the title if your that stupid. You deserve to lose your army because of such a silly reason. If you're lucky, your team will be good enough to protect you during that time frame, but honestly, if you're banned for 7 days because of it and they somehow manage to keep you safe, I'll bet you they won't be too happy with you afterwards anyways. That would take a considerable amount of resources and activity. Essentially though, I think the CE should be a no forgiveness kind of scenario. If you get banned on CE and get caught in anyway, then you're gone from it. Account deleted. End of story. That would hopefully be enough to scare people from even trying in the first place (but unfortunately, probably not).

As for a tick limit... I personally love that it has no limit... BUT I do understand the complications associated with this as we saw last CE. Prolonged eras REALLY hurt BD at the end of things as people are really only boosting for CE's now. And during the CE, other world's essentially become obsolete in terms of funding. I would personally like to offer something different which I think would indeed cause quite the uproar, but I personally think would work well. It would of course require TIME for this to happen correctly. It would also prevent people from placing random multi's.

I think we should have a minimum requirement to access the next CE. Personally, I would want for only those who have made it to the top 20 individual rankings OR a top alliance (ranks 1, 2 and 3) to be able to place in the next CE. This would truly make it a tough fight AND eliminate the potential of mutli's placing. I don't know many who have won era's on a multi-account. I know of some who have made a new account to hide their identity and won an era and I'm fine with this. But overall it should help stave anyone from making a bunch of fake accounts and placing on CE for farming. With this being the case, those who have already won eras within the new HoF are free to place whenever they wish. However, this would require those who haven't made it to the top to have to work hard now to get their spot in the CE. My hopes is that this would help motivate more players to play the other worlds in order to get their spot during the CE. Also, that would still be the case DURING the CE. Instead of locking down the CE, keep it unlimited and open. My hope is that requiring a top 20 individual or top 3 alliance rank would motivate player's to try during the CE who couldn't get a spot beforehand. That would mean the smaller populations who aren't in CE can still try to get a spot (and hopefully be willing to put in a bit of money) to try to gain access to the CE later. Basically, they can take the CE as an opportunity to win an era. Some of you will argue that these win's would mean nothing as no competition is there. Maybe true, but there are some player's who can lock down era's before they even begin due to their connections or wallet.

The other option I thought about was to make it so you could only access the CE with a team you've already won with before. It would lock you into playing with only those people when you first enter. That way, you basically have to make your team BEFORE coming to CE in order to earn your teams spot in the CE.

And then there's a million other things that would need to be hashed out. I'm already making a wall of text here and I haven't even gone into 70% of the other aspect's I'd want to look into to prevent as much cheating as possible.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:14 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

So here is now the official statement:

There won't be a CE 2015 as it was in the years before!

All the reasons for this are already mentioned in this thread (other eras dead, a huge amount of older players re-tire after each CE, an all-over toxic mood after some thousand ticks,...)

As much as we love the player and want to match their demands, its still a business too. And if you do something that hurts your business more than it helps, you better stop doing it.

None the less, there could still be some smaller competitions this year. I am thinking right now of a solo event in style of: Conqueror of the earth

A 2-3 tick server, around 2000 ticks, a win by holding the most relics.

But yeah, nothing fixed right now...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ilona wrote:
So here is now the official statement:

There won't be a CE 2015 as it was in the years before!

All the reasons for this are already mentioned in this thread (other eras dead, a huge amount of older players re-tire after each CE, an all-over toxic mood after some thousand ticks,...)

As much as we love the player and want to match their demands, its still a business too. And if you do something that hurts your business more than it helps, you better stop doing it.

None the less, there could still be some smaller competitions this year. I am thinking right now of a solo event in style of: Conqueror of the earth

A 2-3 tick server, around 2000 ticks, a win by holding the most relics.

But yeah, nothing fixed right now...

Will there ever be another championship era? Will this server give out a unique ribbon of a different color?

It would be cool to see many more events with unique ribbons/prizes as that will make people want to play.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:56 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Man, so much controversy involved in the last CE it sounds like....

what on earth happened?

Alliances of note, OC: TBH, JFA, BYZ, DoG. NC: CRAP, BoB, JFA, BYZ, DoP, CBop.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:53 pm 

Harvester wrote:
Man, so much controversy involved in the last CE it sounds like....

what on earth happened?

Right well, where to start..

Most annoying to all, most likely, was Lazar. The first "part" of the era consisted of the KCA empire vs a coalition of alliances, Lazar was in the KCA coalition and was very... vocal, let's call it. The constant insults against Ilona and other players, clogging up the forums with hatred.. It really is a shame he wasn't banned sooner, to be perfectly honest. He did not add anything positive to the era, though I'll have to admit he did play quite well.

The camp wall. We've seen camp walls before, but this was rather absurd. The camp wall kinda started halfway through India at first, but it very slowly progressed until we reached the tip of South-East Asia. Indonesia and the Philippines were just impossible to invade for us after that. It was one big camp wall with a lot of subs, nukes and general firepower behind it. Really, just impossible to pass by all accounts.

The OP controversy. Since we were locked out with that camp wall, we (RDH) decided this was the ideal time to get rid of KCA and subs who had built back up so we backstabbed them and went to war to work our way through Africa to eastern AA thinking maybe we could give it a shot from there. PHIz and nubs saw this as an opportunity to break out (naturally, they're not dumb players so) but we were convinced we had it off locked well with RBR and NJ defending. Then suddenly an OP is planted on the coast of India and the full armies of PHIz are flying in. We actually had it defended despite thinking we wouldn't, but what was off was that the OP was placed in a spot where it was impossible to place an OP. It was checked on all other Earth worlds, it was impossible to place an OP there as it was technically water. The OP was deleted, all squads were turned, PHIz thought the admins were biased in our favor.

And eh, what else. I got accused of farming like in every era, there were some brothers playing on the nubs side that had gotten banned and then were unbanned again in rather odd ways, there was obvious account sharing going on that we couldn't get any hard proof against.

And that is not even mentioning the countless backstabs that occurred, the fact that the alliance that ended up winning (RDH) was at one point backstabbed by not only their leader but 2 other members as well, the really just insane amount of subs KCA had at one point (no hard feelings guys), new tricks being used to lock people (repeatedly), mass jams organised by us (Geenstijl and me) that blacked out not just entire alliances but entire coalitions for several ticks or kept alliances jammed for days on end which some didn't think we were doing fairly, reds being purportedly given to alliances to backstab, and most of all... A LOT of bruised egos. You bring 100-200 egos together for an era like this, a lot are going to have their ego bruised. Especially after for example winning last CE, it can be quite painful to lose now. Or in the case of Andrei and Iceman, spending what in my mind are crazy amounts of money on an era and then still losing that era, that hurts too.

So, I think that's the gist of it. And that's probably a very skewed and biased view, I'm sure PHIz/nubs could add in a lot more about what our side was doing that shouldn't have been tolerated.

Honestly though, it was the greatest era ever. I've never had an era that felt so much like it was full-on, hardcore BD. And I really do think pure skill won in the end which I really like. If you couldn't tell yet, I was in RDH, the alliance that won (well in theory I lead it, though there were at least 4 others at any given time that could also claim being leader), and I know first-hand that the way we played was impressive and was not at all based on boosting. I've never seen a team play as well as RDH did, and I've seen quite some good teams in my time including some of Kane.

There were so many other alliances that were amazing as well, the fact that the first part of the era (war with KCA) lasted approximately 2100 ticks and the fact that it was an era that took about 4500 ticks of non-stop war alone should tell you how amazing it was. RDH started the era as a sub to KCA, which in my opinion makes it even better :)

Seems my short summary turned into a slightly longer summary. The era was amazing in every aspect, and I think that even more so than last CE, it pushed BD to its boundaries in every aspect in (mostly) a good way, with some pathetic exceptions in the form of individuals. Overall though, amazing.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:26 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Great summary Milan. I really enjoyed the era and it was so much fun from the start. That era should represent what all eras should look like, but unfortunately it doesn't. It's ironic that Milan thinks it's such an amazing era and he only started playing hardcore around tick 1500 or so. :D Just goes to show how amazing it was. Ahhh the nostalgia.

This summary alone makes me miss those CE days. IDK if there will ever be such a great era but I really hope so. You best believe that if there is a CE 2016, RDH will be there (I hope :lol: )

viewtopic.php?f=414&t=31733
(Milans summary for those who want to see what happened and why it was so epic)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Looks like i missed out :(

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:20 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

I agree, the last CE was a blast for me as well. But it was also a great cause of headaches that hasn't been seen before. People got REALLY PETTY at the end. It's a shame because overall, the idea of the CE is great. Unfortunately, the negatives outweigh the positives now due to our own communities attitudes. Most throw fits like a 2 year old.

And while the CE may not occur again this year, it doesn't mean we as a community can't fire something up and spice things up a little. We just need to put in some effort ourselves. I know much of the staff is always willing to help support the communities efforts if we put in the legwork. It may not be a CE per say, but we could fix something up with more limitations that may solve some of the issue's we saw in the CE.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next