It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Whens the next CE?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:30 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Yes, I will agree with Alex. While the competition in the NC after a few years looked to be fairly competitive to those who joined later, they were seeing a competition between 3-5 alliances on a world. Now-a-days, we see MAYBE 3 if we're super lucky. But most often, it's 2 competitors and they usually settle things before relics drop.

In the OC, as Alex said, it was very often the case that anyone in the top spots were capable of going for the win. Even subs were considered active back then (back in the ol' days of sub empires). I recall that any of GML's subs could of easily of gone for the win back then. They actually used their subs as place holders for recuperating players so they never had a weakened main team. I can't explain to you how annoying it was facing 20+ good players, 20+ decent players and a main team that NEVER had less than 10 highly active members with very strong armies.

I doubt BD will die this year either. People will stick around and play but as it's already the case, the competition is continually dropping as more and more active players leave. For instance, looking at E1 right now, there was almost no competition. The only other competitive team on the map ended up losing a majority of their armies in less than 100 ticks as well as lost 90% of their territory in that timeframe. It's not to say anything bad to them in specific, simply that the competition has dropped considerably. E1 used to be one of the largest competitive worlds. Now, there's barely any and my team is being called out as "only big boosters" on what used to be one of the most competitive worlds on BD.

Post subject: Re: Whens the next CE?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yellowhairedme wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:
Yellowhairedme wrote:
Welll last CE was a nonesense with 6 months plus which caused negative impact on bd in terms of income. Though CE cannot be stopped as a huge amount of bd community supports it. There need to be a tick limit tho. Besides ,If there is no CE count many old vets to never show up in bd again. Cya alll in CE or else Goodbye bd :D

Yeah, BD is so dieing this year.

#BDWilLDie2009
Sorry I mean
#BDWillDie2012
Sorry, I mean
#BDWillDie2014
Sorry, I mean:

Bd will never die but the thing called competetion did. besides you are retired and you must be enjoying this .Haha :D

Anyone who knows me knows I am enjoying nothing less than the state of BD. I've been here since 2006, i've been in every stage in this game and have given it my best to try and improve it. I want nothing more than it to get better.

malicewolf wrote:
Yes, I will agree with Alex. While the competition in the NC after a few years looked to be fairly competitive to those who joined later, they were seeing a competition between 3-5 alliances on a world. Now-a-days, we see MAYBE 3 if we're super lucky. But most often, it's 2 competitors and they usually settle things before relics drop.

In the OC, as Alex said, it was very often the case that anyone in the top spots were capable of going for the win. Even subs were considered active back then (back in the ol' days of sub empires). I recall that any of GML's subs could of easily of gone for the win back then. They actually used their subs as place holders for recuperating players so they never had a weakened main team. I can't explain to you how annoying it was facing 20+ good players, 20+ decent players and a main team that NEVER had less than 10 highly active members with very strong armies.

I doubt BD will die this year either. People will stick around and play but as it's already the case, the competition is continually dropping as more and more active players leave. For instance, looking at E1 right now, there was almost no competition. The only other competitive team on the map ended up losing a majority of their armies in less than 100 ticks as well as lost 90% of their territory in that timeframe. It's not to say anything bad to them in specific, simply that the competition has dropped considerably. E1 used to be one of the largest competitive worlds. Now, there's barely any and my team is being called out as "only big boosters" on what used to be one of the most competitive worlds on BD.

Amen brother.

Only way to get competition now, is to piss off an old player enough so he comes to fight you. That's no fun. I dont want to focus on making a challenge, I want to focus on winning. Hopefully, Mobile Client will fix that. I'll give it a shot, at least.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3