It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Championship 2014 - Era Summary
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

malicewolf wrote:
I always find it amusing when people call out others for not taking a battle that's not completely advantageous to one side. In this case, nubs had a decent amount of R5 and an army to match up against RDH in numbers. To top this off, a very focused anti chassis against RDH (because all of RDH's allies were the same chassis as them...) while RDH had to continue focusing on building multiple different chassis types to counter the llll coalition. As Moo found out by taking the battle against IND, even with significantly larger numbers of squads (55 squads in this case), having 1 side with nearly pure anti vehicle (which we were) and the other with 65% explosive (the WORST anti chassis match up in the world for us), we found ourselves on the horrible end of a fiasco that only killed about 70% of what we ran into, despite the larger numbers.

Anywho, went off on a tangent there.... It's never a bad idea to wait and attempt to tire out your enemy until they make a mistake. Part of the reason Kevin (Kane) was so renown was due to the fact that he almost never took a battle unless it was completely advantageous to his side. Many screamed of cowardice, but in the end, the results don't lie.

RDH had no full proof that NJ, RBR and Moo would not turn their gazes against them after the llll war. I originally told Milan that I intended to fight him if I got a hold of a relic. Technically.... I did get ahold of a relic... but lost it soon there after :lol: And I'm fairly known to be a bit unpredictable :roll: But by the time llll was no more, even I was tired of CE.

So there's no shame in playing smart. Especially when you are capable of calling all 10 members online at nearly anytime.

Unless things changed drastically, those mindgames are a big part of BD. Kane would consistently have his fellows go to the forums to piss off and call out other alliances, especially under challenge.

Yes, it's smart to run from battles that would negatively affect your chances of winning the era.

But it's also smart to call someone who does so a coward - perhaps you'll bias them towards making a mistake ;)

Better yet, have a lackey do it who you can afford to be trolled, if it backfires, but can still manage :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:54 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Alexanderkitty wrote:
Unless things changed drastically, those mindgames are a big part of BD. Kane would consistently have his fellows go to the forums to piss off and call out other alliances, especially under challenge.

Yes, it's smart to run from battles that would negatively affect your chances of winning the era.

But it's also smart to call someone who does so a coward - perhaps you'll bias them towards making a mistake ;)

Better yet, have a lackey do it who you can afford to be trolled, if it backfires, but can still manage :)

Haha! Very true. But I don't like trolling on the forums so much. I prefer to do that ingame ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:58 pm 

Quote:
We did not get sick of anything, we were going on vacation to enjoy the holidays so decided "hey guys we came here to troll so lets go out in style with disband and get on the plane to our destinations" Spirit was not broken, it was raised cause real life vacation is much more fun then looking at a computer screen oh ya and we were not suicide, we had a bet your team would run which you did so i won the bet ty, the plan was to land and disband, i disbanded mine at the airport and had a fun time on the beach.

Fair enough, I think we all went for a holiday after this era haha. But then your spirit for continuing to play this era was broken, and you got sick of the era, right? I am not saying that is a bad thing, I can't blame you at all. I've probably logged in 3 times since the end of the last era as I'm done for a while now as well.

Either way hope you had a good holiday :)

Quote:
RDH had no full proof that NJ, RBR and Moo would not turn their gazes against them after the llll war. I originally told Milan that I intended to fight him if I got a hold of a relic. Technically.... I did get ahold of a relic... but lost it soon there after :lol: And I'm fairly known to be a bit unpredictable :roll: But by the time llll was no more, even I was tired of CE.

Yeah, never hurts to be sure when you have allies that privately message you saying they will probably try to "extend the era" haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:16 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Milanos wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, never hurts to be sure when you have allies that privately message you saying they will probably try to "extend the era" haha.

Yea... those guys are the worst! :roll: :lol:

Your probably lucky I got sick of the CE myself :P
And I also got attached to my new shiny R5's that I knew you would decimate with your few billion R5's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

malicewolf wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:

Haha! Very true. But I don't like trolling on the forums so much. I prefer to do that ingame ;)

It's ok Josh, you'll always just be a member to me. No need to pretend to be any less of a total troll then you are amongst a fellow douchewaddle :)

Your blue title does nothing to change it to me!

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:06 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

malicewolf wrote:
Milanos wrote:
Quote:

Yea... those guys are the worst! :roll: :lol:

Your probably lucky I got sick of the CE myself :P
And I also got attached to my new shiny R5's that I knew you would decimate with your few billion R5's

It never got updated at the end so not sure how accurate this is but we had at least 50 squads of R5. I wish we had a billion though.

Most Kills: 62,190
Most Wreckages: 177

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:41 pm 

Heh Andrei, Andy and his R4 from pure fighting..

Anyway people thought we had so much more R5 than we actually did. Had to keep up appearances to keep people scared of course :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:47 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

o.O last I checked... 1000 units of R5 was purty darn good... Your standards are a little high for what's "a lot" milan :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:45 am 
Captain
Captain

Did last era or this era had more mas boost?
Milan if u remember u asked some one to keep a track of mass boosts early in the era

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:06 pm 

Hitmo wrote:
Did last era or this era had more mas boost?
Milan if u remember u asked some one to keep a track of mass boosts early in the era

This era had more boosts.

CE 2014: 115 mass boosts
CE 2013: 74 mass boosts

Though to be fair CE 2013 had a lot more mass boosts when you average it per tick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2