It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:39 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 4
Completely unrelated to anything this topic is about. removed statement


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:01 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 am
Posts: 29
Just to clarify, I never said I was burnt out nor demoralized. my comments are my opinion regarding the community as a whole and once again, its my opinion but once again as I stated earlier and as noted on most of the posts on this forum, one side is always on here and the others dont visit the forums. I dont really care who wins, never have. I was rooting for RDH and NJ to win until they backstabbed, I was waiting for everyone to turn over relics to RDH or NJ until they backstabbed. Now were just waiting for RDH to win the era and start a new era where we know who can and who cannot be trusted. Have a great weekend all and remember, in the end its only a game and games are made to have fun, cya.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:22 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 39
Quote:
Now were just waiting for RDH to win the era and start a new era where we know who can and who cannot be trusted.


Just sittin around waitin for RDH to win? Doesn't sound like a whole lot of morale is left with a comment like that.
If you just want RDH to hurry and finish it, why not drop all those camps you have and let them on in?


Quote:
I dont really care who wins, never have.


My comment was that you care about your alliance dying and losing rank, thus asking for a tick limit. Not that you care who wins.

Quote:
in the end its only a game and games are made to have fun, cya.


Why does this need to be said? What exactly do you mean by it? Anyone who doesn't agree with you on a tick limit isn't playing BD for fun? Ever think by getting the admins to break their own rules would be ruining the fun for others?

I really have a hard time believing that your heart is going out to "the community" when asking to take away RDH's opportunity to finish CE as it was meant to be finished. It rather seems a different motive is in play.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:59 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 1183
Miirage wrote:
Quote:
Now were just waiting for RDH to win the era and start a new era where we know who can and who cannot be trusted.


Just sittin around waitin for RDH to win? Doesn't sound like a whole lot of morale is left with a comment like that.
If you just want RDH to hurry and finish it, why not drop all those camps you have and let them on in?


Quote:
I dont really care who wins, never have.


My comment was that you care about your alliance dying and losing rank, thus asking for a tick limit. Not that you care who wins.

Quote:
in the end its only a game and games are made to have fun, cya.


Why does this need to be said? What exactly do you mean by it? Anyone who doesn't agree with you on a tick limit isn't playing BD for fun? Ever think by getting the admins to break their own rules would be ruining the fun for others?

I really have a hard time believing that your heart is going out to "the community" when asking to take away RDH's opportunity to finish CE as it was meant to be finished. It rather seems a different motive is in play.


Anyone making these sort of reasons to try striking a legit opposing opinion is obviously aiming to bring there social status higher. The things h mentioned are legit and Harry is an awesome dude who cares about his team. Just b/c you can see that your chances of losing are high its safe to make that statement but if he intended to just hand over the win he wouldve quit already. -The statement being Harry claiming RDH will win and its just a matter of time.-

Dont try lowering somebody else's name to start a petty flame contest. Stay on topic about why "you" -this goes to anyone else reading this as well- think/believe/speculate/ect why the era should be ending at tick 5000 or should continue on.

_________________
BoS (E4) NUKE (Fantasy)
Image

Retired NEWS Reporter.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:14 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:27 pm
Posts: 35
Gender: male
Not only do I agree whole-heartedly with the prior reasons for striking down a tick limit but, I would like to expand on a very important aspect of it.... the timing.

Those who know me know, I am pretty well accomplished on this game and have experienced most of what it has to offer BUT....In the past CE I was unable to participate because the time you choose to host it conflicts with my work schedule.... Summer is an inactive BD time for me.... I figured this year would be the same but I chose to make a colony and watch.

But then what happens? Fall rolls around.... I check the leader boards....the relics are still divided among 4 or 5 teams? I begin to join semi-active teams, watching my units closely to keep my army growing. Then, my work finally slows back down and my BD active season has come...Its tick 2500 already but, I got a strong army and I am anything but "worn-out on BD"

Now, I am with RDH... an amazing team which I am very privileged for getting to join... ONLY BECAUSE this world has no tick limit.... I am finally able to experience BD Championship era in all its glory!

THANK YOU FOR NOT HAVING A TICK LIMIT.... if you change it, you will be crushing my BD dreams....


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:29 am
Posts: 1
Gender: male
Since I have only returned to this game this year, I didn't get the privilege of seeing last year's Championship Era in action. So this being my first CE, I would find it a big shame to see it come to an end too early, and with an unsatisfying close to what has been an incredible CE.

This is the first limitless tick era i'm aware of (correct me if i'm wrong), let alone Championship era. So why go back on your word, rather than give it the 10 relic finish it deserves and was promised from the very beginning?

So please let the era conclude the way it was promised w/ 10 relics held by the victor! And good luck to you all :)

My first BD forum post (no make-up, pls don't h8) :D


Last edited by ParagonArkEl on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:09 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 39
Quote:
The things h mentioned are legit and Harry is an awesome dude who cares about his team.


Exactly, he cares about his team so much, that he would degrade the meaning of CE in their honor.

Not only do I find the "opposing argument" to not be legitimate; I find it to be a complete lie, hiding the real reason for making such an argument.


Otherwise I would not be so harsh.


Btw Slinky, I believe Ltara is perfectly capable of responding and defending himself. I still have yet to hear him deny the reason I've given for him wanting CE to end.

Lets look at the previous chances he's had to defend against my accusations.

Miirage wrote:
No one is going to be honest and say "we want to end the era with a high rank, and the way things are going it won't happen without a tick limit." Which I guarantee is the REAL reason for anyone who would vote "No".


ltara wrote:
Thank you admins, its about time, congratz rdh on the win. Lets just hope there is never an endless tick era ever again.




Miirage wrote:
From where I'm sitting, it looks more like you're worried about what's going to happen once RDH makes it into Aussie. Ending the era early means a better chance of holding onto your 3rd place rank.


ltara wrote:
I dont really care who wins, never have.


Looks like a lot of sidestepping...

Having an opinion is one thing, but lying about why you have that opinion is another.

So you're telling me that you believe Ltara would be asking for a tick limit now if Nubs were looking in position to win?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:10 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 am
Posts: 29
OK once again, I do not care who wins the game but the whole era knows rdh will win even if the tick end early. if the era doesent end then rdh will just win later, no biggy and seems only those teams that are going to win either way care about when it will end. well good, that's their opinion and everyone has a right to post their opinion. OK guys just enjoy the game no matter which side your on, its a game, so have fun. And no, unlike other people, I never put people down due to what they think or feel, that's their right to think and feel whatever they want. I might disagree but if I do then I do so as an adult and respect their opinion even if I disagree. You have never seen me flame anyone, I never say in here so and so is cheating, so and so is using teamview, so and so is sharing accounts, ban this ban that. I keep my posts simple and to the point and I dont feel its polite to put down other players just because someone has suspicion or thinks something is going on etc etc. Anyway I hope that both sides of the dispute enjoys the game and remember its a game, not work, no need to worry so much, just enjoy yourself.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:13 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 39
Yeah Ltara, you don't care who wins and just have fun it's a game. Got that part already. What does that have to do with you wanting CE to end right before your alliance gets killed?



...and speaking from my own experience:


If it weren't for joining CE this year, I would have already taken a break from BD a couple months ago. I normally only play a few eras per year.

This is the only time where I have boosted Reds and not been going for the win, I just want to play a role in the most epic era ever.

Because of the extended length of this CE, I've boosted even more Reds in more eras because I can never seem to keep myself to one world. :oops:

...so here's one player that BD has gotten more $ from due to an era w/ no tick limit.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:24 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 67
Such an expected move from a lousy administration.

Changing the rules in the middle of the game, the same old recipe you've been using for so long to kill this game.

The fact is that BD on its current version was on its way to chapter 11 long ago, this CE is only its funeral march (tho I bet many will argue a great one, and myself among them). Id accept it rather try fight it.

And the community project argument - please! Don't try to throw the blame of bad financial decisions over the years on a supposedly reason which is detached from reality (In my perspective I call lousy R&D decisions bad financial ones. Call it maybe decision to consume less today rather more tomorrow.)

You will do what you plan anyway, too expected. The funny thing is that this era may end naturally faster than you think it will.

Cheers
Lobo

_________________
Lobo


SoLD


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl