It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tick limit on 2014 CE Era?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:35 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well RDH wins the era and end this *CENSORED* CE thing. First of all if you fear about ranks and farming than it should be PHI guys vs RDH before the tick ends or just ban whole top players from PHI. Secondly bd blocked ce for new people to enter so it clearly says we end in 2014 not 2015. It's gonna end and it's a pointless discussion. So NUBS stop fighting here and go back to your RL or play super mario. :D :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:02 am 
Private
Private

Good serious good to the tick 6500 and that gains the one that has mas points
:mrgreen: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I don't claim to speak for "the silent majority" and since they are silent i don't claim to know their minds.

I do however see there are many people still playing CE and you made a commitment to them that this would be a CE without a tick limit.

to cover your points:

1. I never thought for a second that because it was the 2014 CE it is obvious that it cannot end in 2015. if you advertised 2014 CE with a tick limit that would end it before 2015 then it would be obvious. But it was deliberately advertised as a CE without a tick limit so the only thing that is obvious is for people to believe that a CE with no tick limit means a CE with no tick limit. (I also believe you knew that advertising this CE as having no tick limit was a BIG selling point, that's why you did it)

I believe Sebulba on page 1 of this thread also covered your first point very well.

2. Stress on the players, I wonder how many messages you have received from players because they are too stress this CE :lol: I have followed the Forum quit closely over the years and i have found that THE biggest complaint from the active and serious players has been the battle hugs situation. Finally we have an era without Battle hugs. we have a healthy, active thread in the CE Championship Thread (224 pages and counting) with people talking passionately about the game. i have read every post on that that thread and i don't remember reading any posts by people saying they are too stressed.
Stress on the admins, yes i can understand this, they have been doing a difficult job very well in my opinion. As I've stated in other posts i believe you can incentivise the admins or incentive new admins.
Again Sebulba covered this very well when he wrote "If the long era is causing a strain on the admins - just relive them of their post, and bring in some fresh ones. I've mentioned it before - but other professions do work with different shifts - just do the same. Workers on an oil rig in the north sea, works offshore for 3 weeks, and is home for 5 weeks. Just look at this CE as being offshore - and the normal servers are "home"."

3. I thought this was covered very well by Andy on page one on this thread

This isn't my first post on the subject of you setting a tick limit for this CE.
To prevent me repeating myself I will provide a link to a post i made regarding this on the thread provided by Milan viewtopic.php?f=414&t=31464 my post is the 8th one of the 1st page of that link.
I hope you find the time to read it as I made it for your attention.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

In all seriousness, I always said to people when asked what tick the server would end, and I always stated around ticks 6 to 7k. Many people with admins included laughed at me. I took into consideration all of the stalemates (which would eventually end), alliance's that die and rebuild only to join the other side as well as the major wars. I too have never been a fan of the Battle Hug era's. If the era is going to end at a specific tic I do propose an idea:

1- Establish a set start time and date for the 2015 CE EXAMPLE 5-1-2015 @0:00 GMT

2- With 2015 era date established end 2014 1-2 months before 3-1-2015/4-1-2015

3- HAVOC and not these wussie havoc's we have been having for the past few years. Maybe surprise re-emergence's of such alliances like DoG (if you do not know who they are then you have never played a real havoc)

4- Rules that a admin would enforce would not apply due to fact admin with only log on to administer resources (if to be distributed more than 1 time) as well as the duration of havoc would depend on end date of 2014 era and start date of 2015 covering the complete span of time 1 to 2 month of pure havoc.

5- The spoils of war. I was trying to think of an incentive to encourage people to end the era before the before mentioned 2014 end time. So I thought of this:
-If the server is brought to the end date, HAVOC determines the winner. Alliances with less power receive more resources and those with higher power receive less if any to level the playing field. The overall winner of havoc wins. This will remove all of the boo hoo crying and complaining of farmed r5 units and would be pure insanity. A havoc for the ages to end the BD era for the ages.

If something like that was implemented, I would have no issues with a end time; however, to end the server at tick 5K is absolutely absurd. That is clear false advertisement and I for one would want a refund for all of the reds I spent my hard earned money on for I played ONLY for a no tick limit era. Listen I understand we are all for the most part worn out. On the flip side of that token, that is what we all signed up for admins included. If you are going to end it at 5K you might as well just end it now for most myself included will not put another dime into this sever and more than likely the game as well. Now you are planning on releasing the mobile client which WILL bring in a plethora of new players, give more purchase options and restrict ways to cheat (no more T.V. alliances). You are going to need a large group of vets to make the mobile a success. So I implore BD management and administration to rethink placing end tick 5K. From what I have read so far from others, it looks as if I am far from the only person more than likely not coming back. I do not like being mislead in order to fund a project then have the rug pulled out from my feet. I feel my proposal for the havoc ending era would satisfy most for we all deserve something other than a 5K ending. That is my clear thinking thought not taking stabs at anyone or anything. What's fair is fair. For the record as well, people would boost for this insane havoc for most will burn through resources quick. For those that like and agree with my idea say so. If you like the idea; however, feels it should be modified.....say so. Just do not go without a fight. That would make this era 100% a waste of time money and for some sanity.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 pm 

Well Lex, I completely disagree with your idea for a rather simple reason: I and I think most that are playing seriously don't care at all about Havoc. Havoc is not real BD, it has nothing to do with strategy or tactics or anything, havoc is sandbox play.

So no, I do not agree at all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:17 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Milanos wrote:
Well Lex, I completely disagree with your idea for a rather simple reason: I and I think most that are playing seriously don't care at all about Havoc. Havoc is not real BD, it has nothing to do with strategy or tactics or anything, havoc is sandbox play.

So no, I do not agree at all.

you feel that way because you are still relatively new to the game. Truth be told, if a alliance does not win the era under the specified conditions, they do not deserve to win. My opinion may not be popular but it is mine and more than anyone else made aside from complaining (me included). U r used to this joke they call havoc now so i do understand your skepticism.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:26 pm 

I wonder how old I'll have to be for that relatively new argument to not be used anymore, heh.

Either way, how many players do you usually see playing havoc? Havoc is just a completely different game.

Quote:
Truth be told, if a alliance does not win the era under the specified conditions, they do not deserve to win. My opinion may not be popular but it is mine and more than anyone else made aside from complaining (me included).

On this I agree completely. If this ended with a score win and RDH got first this way, it would not feel like a real win to me. You win when you hold all 10 relics for 100 ticks, in this case. No other way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Milanos wrote:
I wonder how old I'll have to be for that relatively new argument to not be used anymore, heh.

Either way, how many players do you usually see playing havoc? Havoc is just a completely different game.

Quote:
Truth be told, if a alliance does not win the era under the specified conditions, they do not deserve to win. My opinion may not be popular but it is mine and more than anyone else made aside from complaining (me included).

On this I agree completely. If this ended with a score win and RDH got first this way, it would not feel like a real win to me. You win when you hold all 10 relics for 100 ticks, in this case. No other way.

Now being that u agree with me there ( not a real win) , that was the logic behind having havoc declare the overall winner. Trust me, if u went against the real DoG alliance you would be singing a deiffernt song as well as DoG would more than likely win the era in that event. Wall sides would one more time be required to work together. So there would be strategy involved. The only way in the past to kill DoG was to work together. If the end the era and u one by score, would u be happy? If u had an opportunity to redeem yourselves would u want to?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:49 pm 

Quote:
Now being that u agree with me there ( not a real win) , that was the logic behind having havoc declare the overall winner. Trust me, if u went against the real DoG alliance you would be singing a deiffernt song as well as DoG would more than likely win the era in that event. Wall sides would one more time be required to work together. So there would be strategy involved. The only way in the past to kill DoG was to work together. If the end the era and u one by score, would u be happy? If u had an opportunity to redeem yourselves would u want to?

I do not know anything about the DoG alliance. All I know is that there are certain mechanics to BD and Havoc just completely overrules them. We have been working to get res for units all era, gain exp to make those units stronger etc etc, havoc would just completely mess that up by providing everyone with a crazy amount of resources. It doesn't make sense. I find it odd that this is even being suggested.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:52 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

SnOwDoG wrote:

5- The spoils of war. I was trying to think of an incentive to encourage people to end the era before the before mentioned 2014 end time. So I thought of this:
-If the server is brought to the end date, HAVOC determines the winner. Alliances with less power receive more resources and those with higher power receive less if any to level the playing field. The overall winner of havoc wins. This will remove all of the boo hoo crying and complaining of farmed r5 units and would be pure insanity. A havoc for the ages to end the BD era for the ages

That is the stupidest idea I've ever read. That would literally be saying 'The last 6thousand + ticks you've played are meaningless so we're going to take all your hard work and throw it into the wind.' I support the idea of having a havoc event, but to determine the winner of the round based off of the event that happens after the round is over makes no sense.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next