It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Is allies making ops on request bannable?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:46 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

http://prntscr.com/4fk96y

Story goes: I had asked all allies make ops to secure an area from an enemy invasion. Also asked a friend make a colony to join ally and asked him make the colony in that area together with a few ops.
I asked admin to show me where it is said I cannot ask allies do ops. Mind I did not take a single op from allies made.

I was given this rule
2.2.1 Farming: Participate in any activity within Services for the sole purpose of gaining Game Resources, without participating in actual gameplay; and/or acquiring Game Resources in order to sell them to other Users in exchange for cash, payment or other benefits; establishing Users for the sole purpose of transferring Game Resources to Your other accounts. You shall not solicit or endorse any 3rd party to participate in Services in order to convey Game Resources to You.

I had shown to Ilona my msg to my friend where I clearly said he will join ally so he is considered ally. I did it to help her understand he was not there to provide ops for farming and reconsider her ban to him. He planted the colony to play the era as an ally.

Sometimes it feels Admins just look for reasons to ban just to demonstrate that they have the power to do it and how important they are ...and not cause it is right to do.

So my questions here are:
1. Does this worth a ban and as a consequence other players consider u a cheater equal to other severe cheatings?
2. Where I got the benefit of resources by asking allies make ops?
3. Admins knows well I play by the rules…shouldn’t sometimes admins advise their players/customers instead of shaming them with a ban?
4. Isn’t the half map on e6 filled with ops from each side’s allies? Should the entire map be banned?
5. Where it is said in rules that allies can not make ops when asked?

Well I felt this as an unfair ban to me and my friend and wanted to share it with the BD community.

Place your comments too if u like to.

Post subject: Re: Is allies making ops on request bannable?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:53 am 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team

Although I don't agree with
'Sometimes it feels Admins just look for reasons to ban just to demonstrate that they have the power to do it and how important they are ...and not cause it is right to do.'
I do agree that if they are allies and are not just on the world to provide you OPs, then it should not be counted as farming.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:00 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

2.2.1 Farming: Participate in any activity within Services for the sole purpose of gaining Game Resources, without participating in actual gameplay; and/or acquiring Game Resources in order to sell them to other Users in exchange for cash, payment or other benefits; establishing Users for the sole purpose of transferring Game Resources to Your other accounts. You shall not solicit or endorse any 3rd party to participate in Services in order to convey Game Resources to You.

Just take a legalistic view.

apply your mind to the clause marked in red.

the critical point to be noted is = without participating in actual gameplay=

and as rania was participating in actual gameplay since start of era and boosting also( saying so just to show proof, that she has actively participated)

it is not ops farming, as per the clause shown above.
the spirit of the claus is not maintained, actually even in the letter the meaning derived is not correct.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

chocboy wrote:

Just take a legalistic view.

apply your mind to the clause marked in red.

the critical point to be noted is = without participating in actual gameplay=

and as rania was participating in actual gameplay since start of era and boosting also( saying so just to show proof, that she has actively participated)

it is not ops farming, as per the clause shown above.
the spirit of the claus is not maintained, actually even in the letter the meaning derived is not correct.
^ I agree. Imo should not be bannable. Alliances are allowed to fill up areas with OPs themselves why can't their allies do this? Isn't a key part of this game meant to be focused around diplomacy and teamwork? Placing OPs is all a common part of war - am I not allowed to participate in war with my allies? :p
As long as the alliance who filled up the area are actively playing the game I see no problem, though get I guess in the end it's down to the admin..

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:06 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Admin make big mistake this time. :o

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:07 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

LoL , So If I ask my allies to turtle out an strategic area, its bannable
weird, its like BD rules changing everyday or we got another set of rules for e6. :?

Admins inform me before hand before I get a banhammer too :)

IW ,POB ,TmR ,RoFL ,K ,PPC ,WC ,SoL ,PMS ,HORD ,AL ,A, AK47, UWS, KMO, ZOMB, CME

Spoiler:
[09:42:35] Salman *SATANS*: every forum post you do, makes you more of a *CENSORED*...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:14 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This seems like more of a Catch-22 Situation for the admins than you. If you are banned, admin has seen something which You/Us are failing to spot & they deem it a bannable offence.

The scenario described by you above should not be bannable, but as I have stated before we might be missing a link.

My take on this is: Go & talk to the admins involved, they should unban you once you are able to make your case to them.

hansi wrote:
Admin make big mistake this time. :o

We all do my friend - We all do :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:20 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

i m not posting here to get unbanned

i am questioning the decission and the reasoning for it

As said in 1st post, player was not in the era before. He just placed but i had shown to Ilona that he was there to play the era. Else why would i care to unban him. Him being there banned or not serves my purpose to fill up the area. Explained to her that he came there to play the era.

Is this how we encourage new players?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:24 am 

I don't think this warrants a ban indeed. We have subs too that I would ask to cordon off an area if needed, this seems like it would be the same situation. Rania isn't playing E6 anymore, but I can see why she doesn't want to be labeled a cheater because from what I've seen of her, she plays actively and fair.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:28 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ourania wrote:
i am questioning the decission and the reasoning for it

As said in 1st post, player was not in the era before. He just placed but i had shown to Ilona that he was there to play the era. Else why would i care to unban him. Him being there banned or not serves my purpose to fill up the area. Explained to her that he came there to play the era.

I have already stated that If the situation is exactly "what-it is" as u described in your original post, then it's not bannable.

However, their can be a case of admin noticing something, which we've failed to spot. You can talk to the admin & clarify the entire situation & get to know their perspective.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next