It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: KMO (KCA) cheating again. Admins all of a sudden quiet
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I've seen this happen before plenty of times. It's not like you can't counter it, I just see complaining because you didn't counter it.

Camp wall: Building a camp wall means nothing can be placed in an area you want to secure. This would have prevented a player from being able to plant in what seems to be such a vital area for you to hold.

Matching nukes: You see 100+ squads flying over the ocean? Simply send enough nukes so they're unable to ion, 1 tick after they land and they will lose 10% of their army. Stall them long enough with this and you'll have enough time to force relocate the conquer.

Two simple techniques that counter what you're all moaning about...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:09 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ilona wrote:
If I see it as fairplay? No, not even close. It was an unethical move.
What I said is, that I have nothing on my hands to take action.

Turning it into a camp means that I would have to delete that player.
Should I send him an email with: "Sorry, the combination of the place you picked and the alliance you joined doesn't match. I deleted your colony" ?

How about telling that "Newly Created Account" : "Your colony is being removed from the game, because u are suspected to get involved in unethical gameplay as u have done absolutely nothing else apart from trying to help the alliance take unfair advantage by dropping your base. You can drop a colony again and try to play fair."

Ilona wrote:
Or turning the units with a message: "I turned your units, because you send to a new alliance member"

I fully understand the frustration of you guys. But as long as it doesn't violate any written rules, an admin shouldn't interfere and act based on her/his ethical perceptions

You can just let them know that it's not deemed fair and they should try to fight in a fair manner, hence admin has taken a call and the squads are turned.

If you think both of the above actions are not possible, you could just kick that member out of that alliance and PROBLEM SOLVED. They can not land and if they do they would be bumped back.

Not too hard to do so, is it??

Last edited by slayerofall on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:10 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ilona wrote:
If I see it as fairplay? No, not even close. It was an unethical move.
What I said is, that I have nothing on my hands to take action.

Turning it into a camp means that I would have to delete that player.
Should I send him an email with: "Sorry, the combination of the place you picked and the alliance you joined doesn't match. I deleted your colony" ?

Or turning the units with a message: "I turned your units, because you send to a new alliance member"

I fully understand the frustration of you guys. But as long as it doesn't violate any written rules, an admin shouldn't interfere and act based on her/his ethical perceptions

In saying that, and I will quote you since there is nothing you can do about it, I will begin asking ALL of my college mates to start planting colonies in Africa, grow themselves, and begin a constant wave of jamming, constant full-squad attacking, and ioning all for the sake of providing an underhanded advantage. And there is no penalty for that right? Of course not. Because its an unethical move and there is NOTHING that you can do about it. NOTHING that can motivate you to add a rule to BD that can alleviate this issue, and NOTHING that will drive you to rectify this underhanded play.

And in case you didn't understand it, the last two NOTHINGS were sarcastic.

I've come to claim to your cookies. >:D
Alliances: TmR-X7-5th

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:14 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Clamination wrote:
In saying that, and I will quote you since there is nothing you can do about it, I will begin asking ALL of my college mates to start planting colonies in Africa, grow themselves, and begin a constant wave of jamming, constant full-squad attacking, and ioning all for the sake of providing an underhanded advantage. And there is no penalty for that right? Of course not. Because its an unethical move and there is NOTHING that you can do about it. NOTHING that can motivate you to add a rule to BD that can alleviate this issue, and NOTHING that will drive you to rectify this underhanded play.

Completely different. This WOULD be deemed as trolling, which would result in a ban. For a player to plant and without any incentive start spamming an alliance is surely trolling. However if you got a group of players to build up over time and fight, they'd be no different from a sub? They probably wouldn't be as smart, but what you've mentioned already happens with groups of friends over battledawn already.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hi Anthomyn,
I hope that you do have some proof to prove that they asked someone for making a colony there. What if it's their luck that someone made a colony there and they got him in. Which newb(he has 5 achievements) would miss a chance of getting into such powerful alliance? So, you do not have any prove against it and as Ilona answered, that was funny though but they can't do anything till you give them an efficient proof. Good luck next time for getting a better proof.

P.S. You are just jealous that they landed on NA when the NJ and RDH are over GL and Europe and they cannot defend their back. I think that they have enough pony alliances to defend their back. Sorry, if you mind it, but I am not trying to offend you. I am just trying to make the scene clear to you.

-Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Andy wrote:
However if you got a group of players to build up over time and fight, they'd be no different from a sub?

You do realize what's the scenario here, don't you?
What makes you think that colony had done any thing building up "Over Time", when it was dropped a tick before it joined that alliance? How is that different from trolling?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:26 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

slayerofall wrote:
Andy wrote:
However if you got a group of players to build up over time and fight, they'd be no different from a sub?

You do realize what's the scenario here, don't you?
What makes you think that colony had done any thing building up "Over Time", when it was dropped a tick before it joined that alliance? How is that different from trolling?

I wasn't quoting the original "problem" but what Clamination said.

There is no rule against what tick you should plant your colony on battledawn. Infact one of the best alliances planted around tick 600 (if not later) and still set records. Just like at the start of the era, players plant in strategical positions, whether that's right up against an alliance or away to expand quickly. In this case the colony has planted right next to the alliance, but because it's so late in to the era it's a ban-able offense? Like I previously said there are ways to counter this, but obviously these steps weren't taken and now all you can do is complain about it. Suck it up, admit you've made a mistake, set your defensive line up again and start over.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:28 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Andy wrote:
Clamination wrote:

Completely different. This WOULD be deemed as trolling, which would result in a ban. For a player to plant and without any incentive start spamming an alliance is surely trolling. However if you got a group of players to build up over time and fight, they'd be no different from a sub? They probably wouldn't be as smart, but what you've mentioned already happens with groups of friends over battledawn already.

No no, its not trolling if there weren't spams involved. Let's say these band of friends are in an alliance and ALL colonies are over 50 ticks old. That's not trolling, that has now become a legit alliance that chooses to fight for their own reasons. However, the scenario here is that there was a fresh colony put down for the abuse of the game system. I can guarantee you that that colony will never make another move again or will simply be disowned. Regardless, its an abuse of the gameplay.

I've come to claim to your cookies. >:D
Alliances: TmR-X7-5th

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:29 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Kevinandrez wrote:
Which newb(he has 5 achievements) would miss a chance of getting into such powerful alliance?

Your post stopped making sense when you said that, what are his 5 achievements can u tell us? member of top 50,40,30,20,10, and 5 alliance. A fresh account would get those achievs. as soon as he/she joins a top 5 alliance.

You don't need to try to instigate him, by saying he is jealous when he is trying to present a genuine case here of game-abuse.

Last edited by slayerofall on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:30 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Clamination wrote:
No no, its not trolling if there weren't spams involved. Let's say these band of friends are in an alliance and ALL colonies are over 50 ticks old. That's not trolling, that has now become a legit alliance that chooses to fight for their own reasons. However, the scenario here is that there was a fresh colony put down for the abuse of the game system. I can guarantee you that that colony will never make another move again or will simply be disowned. Regardless, its an abuse of the gameplay.

Then yes, in your situation you would have just made a sub alliance :D no different to what's happening already.

As for this it's not an abuse of gameplay. As Ilona has stated it doesn't break any rules. Just because you didn't counter it, or didn't think of it yourself doesn't mean it's illegal. It just means your opponents are probably more experienced than you are, especially if they were able to land on that colony unharmed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next