It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Fix bug or Buff Repair Drones
Buff Repair Drones! 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Fix the bug 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Repair Drone Bug
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:16 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

OK lately I have been so bored of supermechs that I've tried to use a repair drone build.
And guess what I found a Bug. You know how people teleport away from each other from the very end of the barrier. Their drones slowly chipping away.
Well during that, for some odd reason the drone repairs only 15 hp. Instead of the normal 36 hp.
If this was intentional, then thats just straight up ridiculous, because in this "age" of supermechs, 36 hp per round literally does nothing.

So ether buff repair drones

Or just fix the bug

I mean come on give some love to the repair drones.

Post subject: Re: Repair Drone Bug
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:37 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Intentional.

;)

Repair Drones can only repair up to the amount of damage received for that turn.

++ Obtain a solo medal (x2)
++ Obtain a year's worth of clan medals
-- Get roccotano4 to remove that nonsense about me in his signature

You found an Easter Egg!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:09 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yeah, I've got to say Repair Drones are worthless pieces of sht. I would consider giving them 45 repair actually because unlike other drones it doesn't get affected by resistance which means it has a disadvantage to other drones. I would actually LOVE to see these things being used again, even if they do cause some pretty cancerous builds. The thing is that the classic Diamond Shell Repair Drone build isn't even that op, if you have a heat orb or rear hit you'll do just fine. So yes, i think Repair Drone needs a buff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:50 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

32Gaming wrote:
Yeah, I've got to say Repair Drones are worthless pieces of sht. I would consider giving them 45 repair actually because unlike other drones it doesn't get affected by resistance which means it has a disadvantage to other drones. I would actually LOVE to see these things being used again, even if they do cause some pretty cancerous builds. The thing is that the classic Diamond Shell Repair Drone build isn't even that op, if you have a heat orb or rear hit you'll do just fine. So yes, i think Repair Drone needs a buff.

I don't understand that "repair drone." I had full energy and heat was fine, and I got ZERO repair. The remaining hit-points I had left was around 100, still goy ZERO. So stop using it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:53 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Repair drone was made for diamond shell. So then it's giving +20 - +30 Hp (since the resistance will eat it up). It would be op if it gave 45 and was used with diamond shell.
Regardless it needs to be changed, or buff both.

Add access to low level items
Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

LovelyDeath wrote:
Repair drone was made for diamond shell. So then it's giving +20 - +30 Hp (since the resistance will eat it up). It would be op if it gave 45 and was used with diamond shell.

Not really. As long as you have a pull weapon and are dealing over 45 damage each turn then you'll do fine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

32Gaming wrote:
LovelyDeath wrote:

Not really. As long as you have a pull weapon and are dealing over 45 damage each turn then you'll do fine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What the ****? What does that even mean? If your opponent's drone deals more damage than yours can put back then ur losing in the drone department. The difference that you are losing helps your opponent.

Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

LovelyDeath wrote:
32Gaming wrote:
LovelyDeath wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What the ****? What does that even mean? If your opponent's drone deals more damage than yours can put back then ur losing in the drone department. The difference that you are losing helps your opponent.

I literally said that as long as you're doing over 45 damage each turn then you'll do fine. You also have to put in mind that all pull weapons do resistance damage so far. This means that EVENTUALLY your drone WILL end up winning the drone fight. Making repair drones do 45 damage would open a lot of doors for builds, and it definitely wouldn't be overpowered. There would also be a rise in Stinger usage because Stinger does 1 resistance drain. This means this specific weapon would EASILY counter Repair drone builds since Repair drones don't have any relation to resistance. So in one update the SM team would be bringing FOUR Mythical items back into play. These items being both Repair drones, Stinger, and Diamond Shell. I understand that I didn't elaborate on my point the first time very well, but this is pretty self explanatory buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:12 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

32Gaming wrote:
I literally said that as long as you're doing over 45 damage each turn then you'll do fine. You also have to put in mind that all pull weapons do resistance damage so far. This means that EVENTUALLY your drone WILL end up winning the drone fight. Making repair drones do 45 damage would open a lot of doors for builds, and it definitely wouldn't be overpowered. There would also be a rise in Stinger usage because Stinger does 1 resistance drain. This means this specific weapon would EASILY counter Repair drone builds since Repair drones don't have any relation to resistance. So in one update the SM team would be bringing FOUR Mythical items back into play. These items being both Repair drones, Stinger, and Diamond Shell. I understand that I didn't elaborate on my point the first time very well, but this is pretty self explanatory buddy.

Okay ur talking about the drone battle, I figured a scenario where u arent stuck in corners (which are the most common battles). And I think u mean a push weapon not pull? That's what threw me off. Anyway 45 with diamond shell would be very OP....

Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:35 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

LovelyDeath wrote:
32Gaming wrote:

Okay ur talking about the drone battle, I figured a scenario where u arent stuck in corners (which are the most common battles). And I think u mean a push weapon not pull? That's what threw me off. Anyway 45 with diamond shell would be very OP....
The best counter to them before were pull type mechs, but I guess now with this (improbable) update I'm speaking of push mechs would be better. Usually, Repair Drone mechs rely on a Stinger to do good damage in a match, but this weapon would actually be used in many other builds to actually counter Repair Drone builds. It would be cool to see Stinger in action a little more.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]