It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic at all times in this board.

Please be respectful to other members and administrators.

No spam.



Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
RupertAngier wrote:
and side if you want to battle me privately that works but me being in the tournament is a conflict of interest lol


Call me naively idealistic, but I have enough respect for my mods to think that they will be fair, especially if there is another mod (like TheSingular) moderating as well. That said, its your call (or the staff), I am just always in favor if more inclusiveness, not less.

Also, I think Paingawd has a good point. If we truly want to be fair, the cap should within a matchmaking level of the opponent's highest level item owned, just to be fair. That is just a thought. Still, given that I have some higher level mechs lying around, I am not as much in trouble as others are, so …

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts: 1287
well hopefully this will just give you guys a taste of viewtopic.php?f=409&t=25603
and you'll want to get this implemented so everything will work better.. I'm not sure there's a better way to do this..

_________________
Add me on skype
BattleDawnPro

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755
Image
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:16 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3395
Gender: male
SideOneDummy wrote:
RupertAngier wrote:
and side if you want to battle me privately that works but me being in the tournament is a conflict of interest lol


Call me naively idealistic, but I have enough respect for my mods to think that they will be fair, especially if there is another mod (like TheSingular) moderating as well. That said, its your call (or the staff), I am just always in favor if more inclusiveness, not less.

Also, I think Paingawd has a good point. If we truly want to be fair, the cap should within a matchmaking level of the opponent's highest level item owned, just to be fair. That is just a thought. Still, given that I have some higher level mechs lying around, I am not as much in trouble as others are, so …

Or we could have mods that do not play as much such as myself regulate while or sm mods play. :P

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:52 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
That could also work, but I think you should also be part of the tourney. Honestly, I think the moar contestants, the moar fun, and the moar prestige remains from winning.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3395
Gender: male
SideOneDummy wrote:
That could also work, but I think you should also be part of the tourney. Honestly, I think the moar contestants, the moar fun, and the moar prestige remains from winning.

Haha I play SM when I have time not competitively, now if I ever time to play bd again you can challenge me in that. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:38 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
Rupert, just curious. Are kits still allowed in tourneys? I personally would appreciate it if they were not, but if they are allowed, I completely would understand.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:08 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
Hate to shamelessly bump (or double post), but maybe this thread would get more traction if it were posted in a different part of the forum.

If only there could be a link in the game to this … if only …

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:46 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 am
Posts: 57
SideOneDummy wrote:
Hate to shamelessly bump (or double post), but maybe this thread would get more traction if it were posted in a different part of the forum.

If only there could be a link in the game to this … if only …


true...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:41 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 am
Posts: 521
Gender: male
sign me up aswell for the tournament please.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 830
jonesm wrote:
sign me up aswell for the tournament please.

1st round was me vs you and i won :P even with us being at the same lvl and you getting 2 1st turns :lol:

_________________
MGH 1st X2
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
Image
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl