It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Ghost Town
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:00 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Mostly and it only said your main house was empty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:02 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

... all conventional weaponry is in the police station

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

retired mentor and a proud member of SoLD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

so they say but no one messed with the old ladie that lived there because of her protection she moved on and i took it :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I leave McCoy's with some Molotov Cocktails, which I made using spare vodka that was no longer any good for drinking. My flask is filled with Stolichnaya, the greatest Russian vodka out there, and I have enough food and water for three days.

I come a cross a feral, who happens be the former Police Chief. He sees me, and gets ready to lunge. This feral is obviously crazed, because he lunges at me instead of pulling out his gun and shooting at me. I pull out my balisong knife, and flip it open. He lunges straight into my knife. I pull the knife upward, from his stomach into his chest.

The feral's entrails drop out, and he crumbles to the ground in pain. He bleeds out. His spirit leaves his body, and it thanks me for releasing him. It told me the story of how he became a feral. His body had been infested by a stalker parasite, which invaded his brain when he ventured into the woods. When he died, the parasite died with him.

The spirit then decided to help me in return. It entered the police station, and phased through the officers on guard duty. I took the sheriff's jacket and put on his badge, and hopped the barricade to the police station. I went to the arsenal, and picked up a SCAR-L with a dual magazine, a reflex sight, and a silencer. I also grabbed 6 cans of pepper spray, which contains kerosene and therefore is very flammable. I take off the chief's jacket and decide to spend the night. I go into the boiler room and go to sleep.

When I wake up, I see three angry officers in my face. I am chained to the boiler. The new police chief walks up to me and hits me in the face with the butt of his rifle, crippling me and sending me to the floor.

When I come to, the four officers are gone. I see my gear, just out of reach. When I am about to give up, my falcon swoops down and drops a dull machete at my side. There is only one way out of this. I swing away at my own wrist. After hitting my right arm 46 times, I finally managed to sever my right hand. Then I used the Police Chief's coat to stop the bleeding.

I gathered my gear and headed out through an emergency exit. I sprint for the hospital. I find three hellhounds and a troll blocking my way. I throw the bloodied jacket to distract them. They charge at the jacket, fighting for it. I run for the hospital. Inside, I feel the presence of hundreds of ghosts. I find a wire laying on the ground. I fray part of the wiring, to attract the ghosts. I make a dash for the supply closet.

I find a prosthetic hand, which I attach to my right arm. I also get an eyepatch to cover my eye. I find an empty room, and go to sleep for the night after first stopping in the cafeteria and stocking up on food.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Lol Shelton, I just realized you had a leopard as a pet. Where would you get that in a semi-rural community? Whatever though. And guns aren't available at all. BTW, the troll died due to the sunlight.

Anyways...

McCoy dragged me into the bar, still shaken as hell, and weak from hunger. He plopped me onto a booth and left for the kitchen. I sat still with my head under my arms, just tired of it all. 5 minutes of venturing out of my house, and I get attacked by two hellhounds and beside a mutilated corpse; what's wrong with this place? I hear a plate clink on the wooden table, and I look up to see a mug of scotch and some sandwiches, put there by the smiling old man.

"Get something to eat lad, you look like hell."
"Well, I'm in hell, so it all works out."
"The food ain't free you know."
"Ah, put it in my tab."

The man smiled a little more brightly and went off. I attacked the sandwiches as ravenously as a stalker. I realize that I was being watched. A man about 20 was stealing glances at me. He wasn't as lucky as I was; he was covered in soot, and had numerous cuts and bruises, the most prominent of which was a long gash that trailed across his forehead down to his left cheek. He looked vaguely familiar. I almost said "I don't swing that way, bud" but I held my tongue and focused on eating. I don't want to pick a fight. I saw McCoy beating a radio and it momentarily came to life, broadcasting in a woman's static-y voice there was a military element of some sort being deployed to our region. We've been hearing this in-and-out for weeks, so it didn't even light a small spark of hope inside me.

Another man entered the bar, similarly shaken. I didn't pay much attention to him; it seems like everyone in town who's not dead will show up sooner or later. McCoy seemed to notice this as well, and came up to me and said:

"Listen, you can't stay here for long. I know it's safe here, but I can't keep feeding all these people for long."
"Yeah, I get it. Thanks for the grub."
"Come back anytime, Matt. Good luck."

I was a bit disappointed, but I knew he had a point. If we stayed here too long, we'll all starve. As I was standing up to leave, the lights flickered. The old man got a frightened look on his face and rushed to a window overlooking the front.

"Good, the fence's still live, but I reckon it won't hold."

I came up and looked at the fence myself. It was a high chain-link fence with razor-wire coiled on top, and a hinged section up front served as a door. I could hear the low hum of electricity running through the wires. That thing could kill a lion in a few seconds McCoy boasted. I didn't really pay much attention to him now, as I notice small distortions moving about around the fence, like mirages come to life.

"Ghosts."
"Say what?"
"Your fence is attracting ghosts."
"Indeed they are. So long as they stay on the other side, we won't have a problem."

The lights flickered again, and died for a few seconds. In those seconds, One could almost feel heaviness of the anxiety and fear in the room. My heart was pounding, and I didn't know why. I looked at the fence and I saw some of the mirages dissipate, but there were still dozens of them, although I couldn't see them as much. The lights came on again, and the tension broke.

McCoy approached me and said shakily:

"Son, you gotta go to City Hall and fix this mess."
"How?"
"They've got the power controls there; somehow it's going haywire and causing these blackouts. If you don't fix them, then we're all dead in this bar."
"Uhh..."

I hesitated. Last I saw City Hall it was overrun by ghosts and trolls. That's why the local council fled. But I knew he had a point. This was a safe zone, and if this gets overrun, we're gonna have a hard time surviving. Plus, I owed him for the food.

"Alright, but my tab's clean from now on."

He laughed nervously, then agreed. I went out and stood near the live fence. The other guys were watching me now, as if I was either the bravest guy they've ever seen or the most suicidal. McCoy reminded me that he can only keep the fence down for a few seconds for safety reasons, and I had to close the door on the way out. As soon as I hear the hum die down, I grab the door handle and scramble outside, closing the door on the way out. I didn't last long. As soon as I looked forward, all I saw was a shimmering distortion. I was hit with a head-splitting headache, and my legs buckled as I felt like I weighed a thousand pounds. Last I remember was a blurry sight of McCoy and two other guys rushing out of the fence door, with one guy dragging me back to the direction of the bar while was McCoy brandishing a vial of liquid like a priest, and the other rushing out with a knife and a couple bottles of liquor heading towards the direction of the police station. I tried calling out to him, thinking it was a suicidal and futile effort, but then I passed out.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

Last edited by MmCm6 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:53 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Wow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

All freshly supplied, I leave the hospital and head quickly back home. I grab my cavalry hat and a black leather jacket. I notice my house has been broken into and ravaged.

I hear something moving upstairs. I grab a box of strike anywhere matches left on a table by the door. I run outside, and cut the gas main. I then run to the street and throw a lit match at the cut line. The whole house burst into flame in a matter of seconds. The house burned down to the ground and there was nothing left but a ring of ash. Strangely, the fire did not touch the lawn.

I ran back to the bar, darting in a diagonal to confuse any stalkers or trolls watching me. I made a quick stop at the police station again, and ran into the arsenal. I grabbed an M4 assault rifle for Matt, equipped with a heat-signature scope and an extended magazine, also suppressed, as well as the dull sword I used to cut off my own hand. I dashed back to McCoy's bar, where I found Matt unconscious.

"James," McCoy said, "what the hell happened to your hand?"

I answered, "survival has its costs."

McCoy tossed me a glove, with which I covered my prosthetic right hand. We dragged Matt back into the bar for safety, waiting for him to regain consciousness. Meanwhile ghosts outside were attacking the electric fence, and it was barely holding.

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:58 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

awww im not the one that nocked him out and im at the bar :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:02 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

shelton9778 wrote:
awww im not the one that nocked him out and im at the bar :D

a ghost knocked him out

Mirage
Midnight Templar
Midnight Shield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:15 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

well im at the bar wheres my weapon :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next