It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: How do you Game?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:45 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

You're on this forum so you must be into strategy games. So how far does that go for you? Did you start with Risk or Stratego or was it just too much chess when you were 7 that sparked your interest in outmaneuvering the opposition?

Is it an ongoing love or just a serious spirit of competition that provokes you to keep at it day after day and seek out new challenges?

Or are you a more casual laid back gamer? The type that's there for the company and the social interaction, and you just happen to minor in war games?

I'm definitely a more casual type but I love games. I live in Indiana in the US and make it to GenCon every year, and the sheer amount of different gaming options is simply staggering. I enjoy Video games, particularly Call of Duty and Halo, Minecraft in two week stretches on occasion, and playing through the Mass Effect Trilogy in one go after they were all out was my last good RPG experience. I also love card and board games and am currently about to hit my first year anniversary for enjoying Magic the Gathering, and am having a blast playing this game I kickstarted sometime back called Shadows of Brimstone. I have Role Played on occasion, Pathfinder, DnD 3rd-4th editions, Shadows of Esteren (another kickstarted french RPG that is awesome) but am not actively doing anything on the RPG front.

Anyway, that's my gaming history. I look forward to becoming acquainted with you all by hearing yours. Peace! and War! May your crystals shine brighter and your Relics be ummm... more mysterious looking and all that jazz! I'll see you around

Post subject: Re: How do you Game?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:39 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
 YIM  Profile

Hey there. :)

Welcome to the game and forums please ask any questions if you need to and we will answer them as quickly as possible

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:33 pm 
Major
Major

the first strategy game I played was age of empires 3 when I was like 10 (I probably sucked back then but I cant really remember)

and I was shown this game some time when I was 12 and the reason I played strategy games like this was because my best friend at that time irl did and I ended up playing it a great deal more seriously than he did

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:16 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

NIce, misfit. I've played Age of Empires 2 myself and got started in the RTS genre with the incredible original Starcraft.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]