It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stop it
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

First thing , thank you dane for not wrighting a big post
Dane I'm not dragging CME into this. CME is a decent alliance with alot of gr8 players , just abeyant was going too highper so it needed a counter , I'm not at all saying CME is like lool or UNO using half of the world 10 subs.
well dane going through HOF is by hobby & tat same era where malice was against u i was going through HOF for some research work of DETA members, u say tat DETA players arë those whom ur giving training & one day they will replce ur retired once
well i dont remember much but i remember abt 2 players
LC (zach) was in DETA at era but when i checked out some eras like 1 yr ago hë was playing for CME not 1 era but many , similarly Blue Boy was playing for CME & now DETA , this provës DETA is not training academy but extra(playing 10+)CME players who were i guess late & did not got a spot in CME

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:23 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hitmo wrote:
well dane going through HOF is by hobby & tat same era where malice was against u i was going through HOF for some research work of DETA members, u say tat DETA players arë those whom ur giving training & one day they will replce ur retired once
well i dont remember much but i remember abt 2 players
LC (zach) was in DETA at era but when i checked out some eras like 1 yr ago hë was playing for CME not 1 era but many , similarly Blue Boy was playing for CME & now DETA , this provës DETA is not training academy but extra(playing 10+)CME players who were i guess late & did not got a spot in CME

Incorrect assumption.

Each era, any of my main players who want to take a break from playing so hard can choose to demote themselves to the sub in order to train the players in DETA in their off time. This frees up 1 or 2 slots in CME which allows me to bring the most promising DETA players up for more advanced training.

All of this is pre-planned many days before the era start. CME players who show up late for an era are not demoted to the sub, I just play with fewer people until they join. The only way a main player can end up in DETA is if they decide they need a break, in which case they are not really playing as hard as they would be in CME.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:01 am 
Private
Private

Comeon which alliance u have seen on BD that did an era without subs or so called brother alliances.

@Dane - lots of respect for u when u did that JP era , that maybe the only era i saw on my whole time on BD where an alliance won without subs and to be more precise JP dominated like bosses that era on M2 . otherwise u have that DETA as subs . but still the best part is u juse 1 sub while others use like 5-10 subs.

@Hitmo - TK uses subs and a lot of them , u say "just 5 subs" , while people fighting TK would be like "goddam it those guys have got 5 subs"

Coming back to the point , what i really feel is these subs r like a Tit for tat thing , if my enemy has 1 sub i would try to have 2 just to outrun them.I myself just prefer 1 sub just to handle those conquers who keep spamming my ops.

I still remember that era where seth announced no tokens or reduced tokens for alliance with subs , that era went good with nice competition. cause when there is no Tags like TwFs or PHI's or CME's then people dont get attracted towards ur alliance as they dont feel that anyone will be protecting them or they wont be part of any families. so my suggestion would be that admin should ban subs or reduce it to 1-2 and ban any player who puts any broadcasts relating to recruting players for brother alliance or naming any kind of allies while recruting on broadcasts , that way he will have to personally message everyone and people may believe him , maybe not and that would be a tough job for him to find 10 players any time soon.

------Bane

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:52 pm 
Captain
Captain

dane only my assumption was a bit wrong not observation
well anyways i got it

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:34 am 
News Team
News Team

Just want to add to this...
E4

http://prntscr.com/3k207q

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:54 pm 
Major
Major

I hate the fact that people are even talking about an "okay" threshold. Well less than 3 is okay or they never have more than 5. I miss the days and environment I played in where if you brought a sub the world would unite to kill you and then go back to fighting each other.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:42 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

skynet1 wrote:
Comeon which alliance u have seen on BD that did an era without subs or so called brother alliances.

------Bane

Im pretty sure WaC did on E1 era 16

RCIsBOMB wrote:
Just want to add to this...
E4

http://prntscr.com/3k207q

On your list I believe the Friends/groups/affiliations/brothers go like this
No 1 - SOTO
No 4 - SOTK
no 5 - SOTZ
No 7 - S0T0 who is a sub of No 1 SOTO and now have there own sub SOTX :lol:
No 11 - S0TO
I expect they changed to these tags as a bit of subterfuge as No 1 didnt start with this tag
EDIT: or maybe they did, my mind plays tricks :roll:

on the other side
No 3 - SOT0 or FILA
No 6 - CS
No 8 - SoC who are a sub of No 6 - CS and lead by your real life brother ;)

Korupt wrote:
I hate the fact that people are even talking about an "okay" threshold. Well less than 3 is okay or they never have more than 5. I miss the days and environment I played in where if you brought a sub the world would unite to kill you and then go back to fighting each other.

I don't hide the fact that I sub myself (although I'm not a sub on E4) and I've stated my reasons why in a past thread. In that thread i stated that I believed that the only way to stop subs on BattleDawn is to do just this "if you brought a sub the world would unite to kill you".
However I believe the BD community is not willing to do this anymore. Its a different culture and a different mindset to the times your mentioning here.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:05 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
 WWW  YIM  Profile

BD has moved from being a game where u have fun and win, to a game where u win, even if it means having no fun.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:33 pm 
Captain
Captain

aister the reason behind it is the new genration of players which have no patience , just wanna win & get everything donë easily & win easily
just like some ppl want to get billionaries & become rich within nights its thë case herë
they think winning era will earn them respect but they actually dont know tat winning era by other ways would not earn them the same amount of respect

Malice last time in interected with u while playing M2 i didnt thought u were guy of same policy of many subs but again i did wrong assumption as i did to Dane's matter

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:00 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hitmo wrote:
Malice last time in interected with u while playing M2 i didnt thought u were guy of same policy of many subs but again i did wrong assumption as i did to Dane's matter

Lol, Malice doesn't use "subs", he uses "friends".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next