It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stop it
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:51 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Hitmo wrote:
In my country during elections there are some laws by the government & there is a moral code of conduct which is agreed upon by the parties & candidates , well as ilona said solution to every problem cannot found by them , its us players who have to find the solution , similarly we players can make a moral code of conduct which will say no more then 3 subs or as decided . More such rules & regulations can be implemented

Coming from a TK member.... If you want to be part of the solution you have to stop being part of the problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

In the past, I ran a sub empire in an attempt to counter GML (which had about as many subs as you see here back in the old days). And I will say, if a sub empire is done correctly (as it often was in the past), it is EXTREMELY hard to handle and maintain. With so many players, it's easy to get pulled into situations you never wanted, mistakes are often made, people say stupid things, mis-coordination, etc. When I did use subs I was in CONSTANT contact with them to ensure this didn't happen (and it still did).

It used to be that subs could be just as much of a hindrance as a help. Truthfully, I don't know what changed, but now-a-days, they don't seem to be a hindrance at all. On top of that, it seems subs are simply used as a zerg rush tactic and there's little that most can do to counter it without submitting to the same tactic.

It's a shame, but I can understand why many resort to using subs in mass. BD has moved to a 24/7 on call requirement to play (and do well). Most do not have the time to commit to this. Easiest solution to this issue is simple. Have subs to protect you while you get sleep. And more and more noobies are coming into the game learning that this is the EASIEST way to get to the top as well as the least painful. Why get sleepless nights for weeks on end when you can sleep and win? All you have to do is alternate the eras you win with your teammates. Makes perfect sense to me, but as an OC player, my mindset is still placed in the sense of reap your own rewards.

The only way I see subs going away is if you change the way the game is played. And lately, I've seen very little change occurring in BD. I can't even recall the last time I saw a popular suggestion get implemented.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:26 pm 
Captain
Captain

abeyant wrote:
Hitmo wrote:
In my country during elections there are some laws by the government & there is a moral code of conduct which is agreed upon by the parties & candidates , well as ilona said solution to every problem cannot found by them , its us players who have to find the solution , similarly we players can make a moral code of conduct which will say no more then 3 subs or as decided . More such rules & regulations can be implemented

Coming from a TK member.... If you want to be part of the solution you have to stop being part of the problem.

Hmmmmmm..... I was just waiting for someone to post this & see i got 1
well abeyant TK is not like lool nor like UNO having more then 5 subs
I agree TK has a bunch of subs but not more then 5 , another thing i would like to mention , as other ppl think or guess like ''TK has 10 subs then they will ofc win'' HELL NO. tats not the case ,
i have also told & mentioned earlier let TK have 100 subs but till the enemy is a single alliance only TK main will fight , if the enemy has a sub or other alliances (brother or allies) also help then subs come into play , i have spent mant eras just watching the wars of main , while none of us were even asked to jam, planting spies , or spam we just watched
I remember i was in TK1 & there was a alliance AG who has 3 subs , without any help of main or allies or subs we cleared all 3 subs & half of main , only later when we suffered huge loss TK çame into action
Currently I'm no where on BD except for forums , as far as ik TK only has a single sub on M1 ,
Abeyant u run a sub on the name of training academy? DETA - Dr Evil's Training Academy
oh c'mon just u dont want to admit tat CME doesnt use subs so u named it as training academy , well the world is not tat fool as u see it , atleast not me

Last edited by Hitmo on Thu May 15, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:15 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hitmo wrote:
DETA - Dr Devil's Training Academy

i think it was Dr Evil not Dr devil lol

Iam just a LEGEND

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

mostafa2324 wrote:
Hitmo wrote:
DETA - Dr Devil's Training Academy

i think it was Dr Evil not Dr devil lol

yea yea one & the same thing

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:29 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Hitmo wrote:
Currently I'm no where on BD except for forums , as far as ik TK only has a single sub on M1 ,
Abeyant u run a sub on the name of training academy? DETA - Dr Evil's Training Academy
oh c'mon just u dont want to admit tat CME doesnt use subs so u named it as training academy , well the world is not tat fool as u see it , atleast not me

On M1, there is currently TK, TKK, TKz and TKBD. However, this isn't that big of a deal considering that on M1, there is SwFt, SwFs, SwTF, SWFe, and SwTs... (I'm very sad that there are even more subs than I realized for SwFt on M1....). SWFe only recently changed their name from TEST though within the last 20 ticks or so and SwTs I can say is simply using the name to stay out of being conquered. They have done zero attacking and in fact, even SwFt members were originally attacking them as most in the alliance thought they were a fake sub at first... We may have some poor communication skills sometimes....

Now, not to say these facts make it any better... It's still sad to see SwFt with so many subs when not even 1 is actually needed. Though SwFs has more than pulled their weight this era I will fully admit.

Anywho, I'm going to go cry in a corner now that I realized how many subs SwFt has on M1.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:33 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i checked the last 2 eras of M3 TK had more than 3 subs in each era its like 6 subs in era 54

Iam just a LEGEND

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:29 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hitmo wrote:

A sub. A single sub (though they're classed as brothers).
Running 1 sub, maaaaaaybe even 2 (even then I don't like that too much) isn't a problem and is sometimes necessary to win, although I know some people will disagree with this too.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:09 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

I often use 1 brother alliance in serious rounds. I have no real issues as it helps a lot to have an era long ally to assist you. Someone you trust to have your back at all times. So i fully understand the idea of brother alliances, but I will say, I miss the good ol' days of sucking up to 1 alliance to CREATE that 1 brother alliance. It used to be that you would use diplomacy and some friendly chatting to create a brother alliance BETWEEN two EXISTING alliances. Now people bring an entire team in to support them all era. Same ideal, 1 is much more lazy and doesn't involve any diplomatic prowess though.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:24 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dont drag CME into this.

DETA is a sub that I use to train players. I have 1 on 1 discussions with them and they are closely taught by CME members. I am giving back to the community by training these players and in return I do get aid in fighting wars, but DETA members are encouraged to go off on their own or even fight me if they feel they can't learn any more from me.

CME has been around a few years now, and many original members have retired. DETA prevents me from having to recruit random players when someone leaves the game, and allows me to keep my alliance a tightly knit and loyal group of close friends.

That being said, DETA is the ONLY sub I use, I refuse all offers to make more, and any alliance using my name that you find on the map is fake, unsanctioned, and not affiliated with me or in contact with me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next