It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Server Crashes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Plenty of guys are playing this f2 (era 66) im pretty sure..

You've been aware of those "Server crashes" that have been happening during this era...

Ever wondered why this only happens at EOT moments of important ticks that can change the tides of a war?

None the less ... the Admins have never bothered to freeze the ticks when such an event took place...
Yes! The ticks did'nt freeze when the server went down..

We lost 2 good sized armies thanks to this!
And this isnt the first time..
Everytime we had to perform an eot that would consider the greater of our armies ...It would simply crash..

Why even bother building an army..?
It's clear that Admins don't care about the better half of the game anymore..
This event was supposed to change the game to the brighter side...But guess what? ... It's become totally lame now!
Just because The admins dont even do anything aside from checking their messages to reply some BS..

Pretty sure the game is sliding down the hill and the admins are giving it a gentle push every now and then..

Oh and yes...None (aside from alex,malice,hitmo) are reading this post ...ikr

why even bother typing a goddamm paragraph which will get ignored anyway..

If the admins ,staff etc etc ....dont respond to whats going on this F2...then the game's dead and you want to fill ur pockets with the last few cents it can generate...and then kick off...

#ADMINSDONTCARE

Post subject: Re: Server Crashes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:01 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This game is going down the drain.
People who lost their armies following such crashes must be compensated immediately.
For better proof of the time they lost their armies, a time stamp should be assigned of the tick when the last server crash occurred so nobody else exploits server maintenances and ask for compensation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:50 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

No point of this post, admins dont care at all. They promised to give back army and havent.

RIP BD.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:43 am 
Private
Private

it ts a good thing my paypal is currently empty, so the order is not carried out yet and i can still stop it. Currently it would be a waste of 30 $.

Pace is good, setting favors smart people over 8-year-olds, but no availability on the first weekend to try the game is a big setback. And it affects all worlds, not only F2. :?

22 hours now and nothing in announcements..... let me think a bit more about it, but you may be right and the game is dead.

Why stop so many to play BD after they are conquered?
They dont know rule one....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hi there,
I just sent also a mass message on f2 to explain the issue that we have.
Unfortunately, the new server outages are not in our hands and only little can be done about it (especially on a weekend)
We are in close contact with our server host and working on a final solution for the future. Our deepest apologize on that :/

We are doing our best to pause the ticks as soon as the website isn't to reach, but sometimes it can't be done within a couple of minutes and in very bad cases not even within an hour and we also must make sure that it isn't a local or individual issue.

As this effect all players on every world, we can't compensate individually in most cases. Your admin on your world will give out a mass bonus soon. However, if you got affected by the server outage more than others (in example you lost your entire army due that) please send a PM to your admin with the following stats:

attack/defense launched at tick ___ from [coords]
attack/defense landed at tick _____ at [coords]
Army worth: __ metal ____ oil ____ workers
Screenshot (if available)
Battle report available in archive

Please understand that your admin will have dozens of PM's asking about the outage or reports of losses.
This info will help us a lot to compensate if needed.
(even if you send a similar PM before, please resend one including this info)

Thank you, and please bear with us till this issue is solved!

- Ilona

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:00 pm 
Private
Private

Ilona, mass message is fine for F2.

And the other worlds?
I have no message ingame, and still nothing in announcements (no one is expected to search the entire forum if somewhere else is a message).

With such a management i wonder how the game survived so far.
You did not a good job here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:27 pm 
Private
Private

http://prntscr.com/c8kzzu

at tick 925 when server crashed my IGN is Dumb

i attacked a mine from where i wasnt able to pull ya'll can check the BR in archive i reported this to admin in game very next tick
thank you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:01 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Don't forgot people, Tacticsoft is not a huge company filled with hundreds of people to commit their time to every whim of a message sent to them. It's a few individuals who commit the time they can to do this job. Some still have full time jobs outside of admining the game. I'm sure any of you who have full time jobs and play this game will understand just how much commitment this game takes to play well. Well, imagine getting 10x the amount of messages in your inbox on top of that and having to cipher through ALL of them because it's also your job to do so.

Not saying it's always fair or good, but do understand, your admins have more on their plate than you likely think.

Unfortunately, people seem to be much more out of contact with the world admins than it used to be. I highly suggest having some of them on skype as a contact, even if all it is for is to send a small message telling one of them that server's are down. They do keep in contact with one another and can work to help fix things on other admin worlds where necessary. Admins have multiple worlds to pay attention to, not just 1.

Now that I mentioned adding admins as friends, I will also say, please don't harass them! Send 1 message stating what's going on and leave it at that. They will see it and they will respond when they can.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:59 pm 
Captain
Captain

Well, i read this on 21st but didnt intend to post since Im on huge bd break but since energy mentioned me in his post something was tickling me upto this point to make post saying i read it, i kept my self on hold until now when Im finally making this post.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:47 pm 
Private
Private

malicewolf wrote:
Don't forgot people, Tacticsoft is not a huge company filled with hundreds of people to commit their time to every whim of a message sent to them. It's a few individuals who commit the time they can to do this job. Some still have full time jobs outside of admining the game. I'm sure any of you who have full time jobs and play this game will understand just how much commitment this game takes to play well. Well, imagine getting 10x the amount of messages in your inbox on top of that and having to cipher through ALL of them because it's also your job to do so.

Not saying it's always fair or good, but do understand, your admins have more on their plate than you likely think.

Unfortunately, people seem to be much more out of contact with the world admins than it used to be. I highly suggest having some of them on skype as a contact, even if all it is for is to send a small message telling one of them that server's are down. They do keep in contact with one another and can work to help fix things on other admin worlds where necessary. Admins have multiple worlds to pay attention to, not just 1.

Now that I mentioned adding admins as friends, I will also say, please don't harass them! Send 1 message stating what's going on and leave it at that. They will see it and they will respond when they can.

Entirely correct.
All i asked was a single post in announcements, one, maximum two posts to keep everyone informed (first "We have problems", second "Server company *CENSORED* us, we cannot do anything, have a nice weekend somewhere else"). I dont think i am asking for too much here.
Make it better next time, i will stick around longer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next