It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rebellion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:14 pm 
Private
Private

Bear in mind! This is a long term strategy that is only advised if you are able to persevere through trouble.

This strategy is used to both free yourself and others as well as weaken your enemy.

1. Get conquered. That's how it all begins.

2. Plant agents. These agents are the long term sleeper agents. Plant a few of them in some of the enemy alliance's colonies, not all.

3. Build up friendships with any and all neighbors that are conquered from the same alliance or colony. Have them follow steps 1,4, and 5.

4. Plant some quicker use agents on the other colonies. Use them to launch terrorist strikes on those colonies.

5. Build up troops, lots of them.

This is where you have a choice. You can do one of two things. On one hand, you can get all Spartacus on their a**es and get your friends to revolt at the same time. Hopefully, you and your allies can hold out against the onslaught. More heroic, and will inspire many other rebellions like it, but high risk. Use if you want your cause to be public.

OR

You can wait till something happens, like the enemy gets involved in a war. While they're occupied, you can quietly rebel. While not as flashy, you can do this more successfully. Use if you don't want to lose all those unit's you've built.

Once free, you can go about your business, get revenge, quit the world. Your call.

Post subject: Re: Rebellion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 am 
Major
Major

or u can just suicide and spam them so much times they no longer think it's worth it

u really are over complicating things...

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hmm, that's how I got to hold my share of territory in Mars 2...
Oh man, I feel as newbie as I'll ever be.
Spoiler:

I feel like a total idiot relying on all the steps mentioned below:
Grizzlehiem6 wrote:
Bear in mind! This is a long term strategy that is only advised if you are able to persevere through trouble.

This strategy is used to both free yourself and others as well as weaken your enemy.

1. Get conquered. That's how it all begins.

2. Plant agents. These agents are the long term sleeper agents. Plant a few of them in some of the enemy alliance's colonies, not all.

3. Build up friendships with any and all neighbors that are conquered from the same alliance or colony. Have them follow steps 1,4, and 5.

4. Plant some quicker use agents on the other colonies. Use them to launch terrorist strikes on those colonies.

5. Build up troops, lots of them.

This is where you have a choice. You can do one of two things. On one hand, you can get all Spartacus on their a**es and get your friends to revolt at the same time. Hopefully, you and your allies can hold out against the onslaught. More heroic, and will inspire many other rebellions like it, but high risk. Use if you want your cause to be public.

OR

You can wait till something happens, like the enemy gets involved in a war. While they're occupied, you can quietly rebel. While not as flashy, you can do this more successfully. Use if you don't want to lose all those unit's you've built.

Once free, you can go about your business, get revenge, quit the world. Your call.

I can't believe that I have to do all this so that I could actually play the game. It took me over 600 ticks to dominate Mars 2. But hey, on the bright side I accomplished something.

Name In-Game: Attack Here
Alliances: Havoc Mastery (HM).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:58 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Not too bad of advice, but instead of simply messaging neighbors and others conquered by the same alliance, you should organize and create an alliance yourself (I didn't feel like you implied this enough if it was your intention).

Your step 3 is awkward as well... You shouldn't have a step that requires you to inform them of other steps BEFORE the step actually occurs. But this is me being nit-picky. Just a simple order of operations error.

I'd also like to offer some additional advice on top of yours and I'll simply do so by adding to what you have with another color for my advice.

Quote:
1. Get conquered. That's how it all begins. [instead of simply get conquered, you should not build units (yet) to avoid losing them when said conquer come. In addition to this, you should also be focusing on building up your structures. Focus on getting your resources to level 3 (at least) first. This way your resource income will be higher (slightly) for getting the rest off your structures.]

2. Plant agents. These agents are the long term sleeper agents. Plant a few of them in some of the enemy alliance's colonies, not all. [Planting long term agents is a good idea, but also be cautious that many larger alliances also place agents as defense against agents on important OPs. You never know for sure where enemy spies are though, just something to always be weary of.]

3. Build up friendships with any and all neighbors that are conquered from the same alliance or colony. Have them follow steps 1,4, and 5. [Building friendships is always a good idea. Diplomacy is a big aspect in this game. As I said though, I would suggest making an alliance with the one's close to you or finding good one's to make an alliance with. Always easier to defend in numbers.]

4. Plant some quicker use agents on the other colonies. Use them to launch terrorist strikes on those colonies. [This could potentially catch their attention when you don't want it. You may hurt their resources, but if caught, you will notify them of EXACTLY who they should be weary of and they will most likely come for you after.]

5. Build up troops, lots of them. [First do your research. Figure out what your conqueror is using (tanks? infantry? vehicles?). Then build against it. The more you know about your enemy, the better you can build to protect yourself. If your enemy built mostly concussive tanks, then you would be best off building explosive tanks to counter him. Also, be careful to make GOOD builds. Otherwise, you will end up getting farmed for experience. Even very experienced players end up getting farmed if they aren't paying attention, and that can consist of hundreds of units being killed with relatively low losses if you aren't careful.]

Essentially, making yourself not worth the effort to maintain you as a conquer is the best means to protect yourself. BUT, there are some (for instance, me) who will respond even more harshly against those who are annoyances by constantly streaming nukes. This is a much less likely scenario though that usually only happens if a person becomes an annoyance during peaceful times.

You may even want to try reaching out to your conqueror, or a strong member on the world for advice. There are many who are willing to help you learn (but unfortunately, there are also many who are simply rude as well). If you get a rude person, simply move on and try someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:19 am 
News Team
News Team

Nice post malice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would also like to note that some conquerers, including myself, will happily free any conquers who simply request it and have a couple of chevrons, assuming they promise not to try and cause trouble for me later.

Quelling conquers isn't economically smart, we do it simply because we are afraid conquers may cause more problems down the road. Most players happily help any newbies along in the learning process of the game - after all, newbies are our possible new members. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]