It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: My strategy for a good start
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:32 pm 
Major
Major

Alright, here's my strategy for a good start. First of choose a place like an island which is remote. This will make it harder for other people to reach you. Then follow the tutorial until you get to the building an OP part. From there, start working on structures. It is early in the era, there is always time for a comeback early in an era. I recommend you build the 3rd food, metal and oil structures first. Also, click the button which removes your protection for metal and oil. This metal will be extremely handy. Again, use this metal for resources and build at least 15 units for defense. This is just the start.

I used this strategy. I started rank 130 (Bottom of the list) and I started at tick 70. At tick 72, I was ranked 33. So to me this is an effective strategy.

I hope this helps.

Zhester: *You're :D

Post subject: Re: My strategy for a good start
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:17 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

A pretty basic, functional, well described strategy. Not too in depth but I like it.

Thanks for sharing!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Numair Mujeeb wrote:
Alright, here's my strategy I am now going to change it...An island dosen't allow you to conquer which helps you gain a name so you can get to a good alliancefor a good start. First of choose a place like an island which is remote. This will make it harder for other people to reach you. Then follow the tutorial until you get to the building an OP part. From there, start working on structures. It is early in the era, there is always time for a comeback early in an era. I recommend you build the 3rd food, metal and oil structures first. Also, click the button which removes your protection for metal and oil. This metal will be extremely handy. Again, use this metal for resources and build at least 15 units for defense. This is just the start. 15 units isn't going to stop soeone conquering you. You need to build units then once you have about 120 or so then start making structures and looking for an alliance.

I used this strategy. I started rank 130 (Bottom of the list) and I started at tick 70. At tick 72, I was ranked 33. So to me this is an effective strategy. But if you read my ByE4 guide it made me on the first page.... and my alliance number 1.

I hope this helps.

Errr nope. I think my edit helps edit it a bit more :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mchl481 wrote:
Numair Mujeeb wrote:
Alright, here's my strategy I am now going to change it...An island dosen't allow you to conquer which helps you gain a name so you can get to a good alliancefor a good start. First of choose a place like an island which is remote. This will make it harder for other people to reach you. Then follow the tutorial until you get to the building an OP part. From there, start working on structures. It is early in the era, there is always time for a comeback early in an era. I recommend you build the 3rd food, metal and oil structures first. Also, click the button which removes your protection for metal and oil. This metal will be extremely handy. Again, use this metal for resources and build at least 15 units for defense. This is just the start. 15 units isn't going to stop soeone conquering you. You need to build units then once you have about 120 or so then start making structures and looking for an alliance.

I used this strategy. I started rank 130 (Bottom of the list) and I started at tick 70. At tick 72, I was ranked 33. So to me this is an effective strategy. But if you read my ByE4 guide it made me on the first page.... and my alliance number 1.

I hope this helps.

Errr nope. I think my edit helps edit it a bit more :lol:

1 word = fail , so is your ByE4 guide , its does get you 1#
To evrybody , do not do what he said , make structures right away , like Numair Mujeeb said , only add the dmg building to it , and its perfect.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:22 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

rederoin wrote:
1 word = fail , so is your ByE4 guide , its does get you 1#
To evrybody , do not do what he said , make structures right away , like Numair Mujeeb said , only add the dmg building to it , and its perfect.

I have to agree with spam bee, mchl481...

This is Numair's guide, not yours. As Numair Mujeeb said, it is a strategy that worked for him and he is sharing it. :arrow:

I like the totally different perspective he's coming from here. Coming in and trying to coerce his strategy to look like a duplicate of all the other strategies doesn't push the strategy community forward at all.

offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... or write your own strategy guide.

Also... pay attention to what colors you are using. I can't even read some of the words without highlighting them.

Finally, don't advertise your own threads within another thread without good reason...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:45 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I've made my own guide and spam bee over here did it to mine.

Redorin...............

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:55 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

mchl481 wrote:
I've made my own guide and spam bee over here did it to mine.

Redorin...............

True, but that ended up being so confusing I didn't end up commenting...

It's the copying of mass amounts of text over and over with only small changes that was the problem.

It kind of made your guide unreadable. Here I could tell enough about what was going on to disagree with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alright, people, Willow got a point here. It's mod time for me ;)

Please do not advertise your own guide in in here, it's not a contest. Everyone has the right to start a guide (as long as it's even slightly useful) at all time.
Those guides do not write themselves, you should feel free to deliver constructive criticism so the guides may be improved and perfectionised. However, do not try to completely change the guide (After all everybody has his own tactical preference) and do not try to get people to read your own guide.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 am 
Major
Major

Yeesh, this is just MY strategy, I'm just saying...AND redorein, you only changed one thing. Add damage. So how is my strategy a fail exactly.

But anyway thanks for the feedback at least I ca work up on new a strategy.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Numair Mujeeb wrote:
Yeesh, this is just MY strategy, I'm just saying...AND redorein, you only changed one thing. Add damage. So how is my strategy a fail exactly.

But anyway thanks for the feedback at least I ca work up on new a strategy.

Good on You

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next