It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spyda's Guide to Experience
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

I've seen a ton of guides for building units, many for winning battles, using resources and the suggested order for building structures. But nothing about units and exp.

I hope to remedy this now.

Exp really isn't that complicated, for every 3 exp a unit gets they gain an additional Hp or Damage point. Then, if they gain another 3 exp, they get a point for the other stat. Alternating every 3 exp.

So if you build a cavalry unit with the damage upgrade (Weapon doesn't matter) it will start with:
12 hp
12 dmg
2 range

After recieving 12 exp it will look like this:

14 hp
14 dmg
2 range

It doesn't matter if it gets Hp or Damage first, because it will ALWAYS be followed by the other stat.

Experienced units are also the last to get hurt in their group SO the order stuff gets hit is:

Chassis
Upgrade
Weapon
Exp.

Meaning a armored infantry unit with 1,000,000 exp still gets killed before a range infantry unit with 0 exp.

However, a unit with 10 exp will be the last to die, if he has the most of exp of any unit of its EXACT makeup.

I've looked and tried to find exactly how exp is calculated, but everytime I think i've got it I put some numbers in and I get a different answer than I should. :roll: So all I know is it has to do with the number of troops killed / the number troops still alive, (1-inf, 2-cav, 3-hvy) and some other calculation(s) that I can't pin down.

SO... *Short version*

1. Range units are better than Armor and Damage. Because no matter how much exp those units get they will never gain range, however range units can gain HP and damage.

2. Keep your units with Exp alive. They can become the diffrence in a close battle. Always keep a few units with little to no exp with your high exp units to die for them. Just like you have armor with range, keep some low exp with your high exp.

3. The closer the battles the more exp you get, but consider experience a bonus. Because the closer the battle the higher the losses. Meaning it's not a good idea to make battles intentionally close to gain more exp. because more units are a larger advantage than more exp. As it takes 108 exp. to equal the health and damage of one lost cavalry unit.

Feel free to add or dispute anything, as I don't claim to be an expert.

Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4

Post subject: Re: Spyda's Guide to Experience
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 am 
Captain
Captain

Spyda wrote:
Meaning a armored infantry unit with 1,000,000 exp still gets killed before a range infantry unit with 0 exp.

I know you were just making a general point, but when I ran the stats of a 1,000,000 EXP armor unit through my head I lol'd at the idea of absolutely everything on the other side not dying round three.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Jack wrote:
Spyda wrote:

I know you were just making a general point, but when I ran the stats of a 1,000,000 EXP armor unit through my head I lol'd at the idea of absolutely everything on the other side not dying round three.

What I thought about later was could you imagine an infantry unit somehow surviving thousands of battles against Vechs, and Mechs? To become nearly a god, with the ability to take down a whole army by himself.

That's what I call 1 worker, 100 metal, and 2 ticks well spent. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Nice and helpful guide

TCA#1
M#1
Proud member of NR WIND and TFF
"I stopped working for drugs when they stopped working for me."

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

LOL it was. Then 10 days later they change the Exp system. :roll:

Now it's semi-useless. :x :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]