It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: a guide to absolute victory.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:20 am 
Private
Private

I ENJOY THE GAME FREE. THIS IS THE WORST GUIDE EVER...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:13 pm 
News Team
News Team

EDIT: I've taken the liberty of fixing every grammatical error because I'm just that bored:

Quote:
This guide will help anyone, regardless of the experience to win a Battledawn server, even without an alliance.

It is very important to read and understand the key elements of this guide to ensure the recipe works.

The first thing you should do is join a world.
It does not matter if the world is a new one or is already running.
From your perspective, it makes no difference.
You do not need too many ticks to win all by yourself.

The fundamental element of the game is to be able to take the relics.
The rest is not important.

The unit type used is also based on your preference, no real need to spend your time on playing with the simulator to find good unit setups.

Spy actions are also an absolute waste of time, there is no need to know what your proposed enemy has.
(NOTE: This made me lol ^)

Many veterans may disagree with the above, but let us continue to your first steps in showing the world what a brilliant player you are.

Right after you enter the game, you should click BOOST button.
Then, click the PURCHASE TOKENS button. (NOTE: OMG PERFECT SENTENCE!!!1!)
Choose your type of finance option, and pay as much as you can.

From then on, you can use the numerous boosts available,
such as gold/wood boosts.
The amount may seem to be low, but for those pesky ones who registered to a FREE game and therefore did not purchase bonus tokens; the same amount of resources will take around 12 ticks to obtain.

Be sure to purchase absolutely every possible BOOST, as this will give you the edge to win regardless of your opponent's strategy.

The most fundamental mistake people make when registering to Battledawn is to think it's a free game. It is FREE TO PLAY, not free to enjoy.

The next mistake most people make is to think that this is a tactical/strategy game. Your goal is not to play with tactics.
The size of your wallet determines your ability to win, and nothing else.

Here are some figures.
If you are a noob and do not have cash to get tokens, then even with a fully built castle you shall not make 100 gold in a tick; as a startup.
Any experienced and talented player with tactics (that is, a deep wallet) will have, right on the very first tick;
3000 gold as the small gold boost
At least 5-6000 as the heavy boost
and 5000 gold as emergency boost.

Given these figures, one can, right at the very first tick played, get a strategic advantage over others with starting funds of what would take around 130 ticks.
The same ratio is presented for other resources.

From this point, your duty is to make sure you spend a lot on tokens, take all boosts available, and keep yourself defended and go for the relics as soon as possible.

You will have income matching around 100 players, given the fact that an alliance can have 12 members; it is reasonable to say that an alliance around the top 10 would have to fight against you to win.
That will not happen.

So here is it, the key is your strategy to become the ultimate Battledawn player.
Cash = units.

Actually, there are other games in this world that are FREE TO PLAY and there are bonuses available for them.
The key difference is that bonuses do not give this much "strategic" advantage.

For those who are disappointed and try to play the game as best as they can but always end up counqered:
It's not your fault.
You just did not have enough cash, that's all.

Play another game that has reasonable bonuses.
And do not thint getting counqered is "not" a problem in Battledawn.

It is, you can not get conquers, you can not get additonal income that way.
So even if at one point you can break free, you have a major disadvantage that will ensure that you can not achieve anything at all.
The best you can be is a puppet of those who pay for tokens.

Just follow my guide, and you WILL be a Battledawn. (NOTE: I lol'd so f-ing hard right here.)
Do not pay for tokens and you will be conquered. Regardless of your actions, you are gong to stay like that. Even if you break free, you will not be able to achieve anything at all.

Quote:
Just follow my guide, and you WILL be a battledawn.

This made my day.

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:38 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Seth wrote:
Personally, I got a good laugh out of it :lol:

BAHAHAHA me to man, XD it is a not well written guide, but its still funny and i gues it could help a little, but i would suggest a different guide to any new player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:44 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yes I agree it was very tough to fight against the players with big purse...

But then this guide was written when the admins didn't have a first hand experience what it feels like getting pawned at the hands of boosters... the admin group had their fair share of experience when tried to "play" an era on F4... lead by michael himself... a lot of updates were made and rolled back in a single day during that time... and since then more updates are being added every month to make it more balanced.... Now its a little more balanced than what it was back in 2011...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:57 am 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
 WWW  YIM  Profile

@Ponk
Quote:
Play another game that has reasonable bonuses.
And do not thint getting counqered is "not" a problem in Battledawn.

u're missing out...

and fun thing is...
Quote:
From this point, your duty is to make sure you spend a lot on tokens, take all boosts available, and keep yourself defended and go for the relics as soon as possible.

which means never go to conquer others...
...yet
Quote:
It is, you can not get conquers, you can not get additonal income that way.

and he also means cash = win... but...
Quote:
Do not pay for tokens and you will be conquered. Regardless of your actions, you are gong to stay like that. Even if you break free, you will not be able to achieve anything at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:38 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

ive actually seen my friend do this and win but it was on galaxy and started around tick 900 :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:43 pm 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
 WWW  YIM  Profile

the only reason that someone follow this entirely, from the start to the bottom and win, is that the ppl in that era is too noob...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:05 pm 
Private
Private

Andrew wrote:
BladeMage3 wrote:
This obviously isn't meant to be taken seriously. Either that, or the author is venting his frustration about boosting.

Either way, don't get hung up about it.

Spyda wrote:
Yes, it's just a display of 2547's anger and lack of skill.

It's a pitiful showing of one person's inability to cope with loss.

This is exactly the reason for this thread :).

To anyone still unsure, this isn't a guide, this is a rant about losing and that the only way to win BD is to buy the victory by spending as much money as possible, strategy doesn't matter if you boost, etc; This rant is just disguised as a guide :lol:.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, boosting will give you an advantage over those who don't boost however we've implemented the boosting system to have limitations so you can't sink $1000 into the game and buy an army in a day to bail you out of an assault. We've also added in many ways to get bonus tokens for non-supporters such as voting, wreckage, UFOs, referrals, even giving tips/quotes to admins to broadcast or reporting cheaters can get you bonus tokens.

We've added more resources into the game for ALL players and the potential for supporters and non-supporters is much closer now.

I re-opened the thread if anyone wished to continue the discussion being as I re-opened the discussion... :ugeek:

-Andrew

Well actually.. It still isn't balanced.. Boosters aren't exempt from all those sources of bonus tokens.. So.. he is right. Boosting wins this. Be a booster, or a booster's puppet, and you're on your way to victory.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

lol when did battle dawn get intellectual? XD

The weapon miester rank 5
my profiles:
Hoy n' Juicy Pounder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:45 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

speak like a bd player.
SOLD: maybe i should buy some food for that family at home......
omg bd is having a tokens sale!

The weapon miester rank 5
my profiles:
Hoy n' Juicy Pounder

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next