It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kongregate BD.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm 
Private
Private

Remember that little community that you lot never cared? Well we want you help to bring it back to its glory in Kong! Mars is a 2 ticker with a 3 man alliance!, Please bring yourself down! We do miss the mass of players!. If you love BD, Come help this Battle dawn Community be a Hard gaming community it once was!

Post subject: Re: Kongregate BD.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:42 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

I would like to justify and make a very important thing clear once and for all about "why is the amount of players so low on Kongregate than on .com?" :

First, it is not a matter of glory, each site has his own characteristics that always give the developers an opportunity to take stock and try to fix the problems as they are, to fix many things plus to add that .com has always been a victim of monopoly of teams which dominate worlds and impose their will through BattleDawn, I believe these are the principal answers to the question I have asked to introduce my first paragraph.

I will describe my experience on Kongregate and tell you what I concluded:
Kongregate and .com are essentially the same, game-wise. The mechanics are the same on both. However, the atmosphere on Kong and on .com is a lot different.
Which brings me to Kong's major disadvantage because I have played twice on kong and won two times consecutively this summer also is that the total player counts are very low (as you mentioned in your post I believe things haven't changed a lot since I was gone:"Please bring yourself down! We do miss the mass of players") . I believe it's 200-300 nowadays on most worlds? There is not much to feed on, you can't grow very big. And this at the same time is also why the transition from Kong to .com is so crazy for many players. I am speaking from my own point of view here, but my first round on Kongregate was on Earth 1 era 56, and 57 both 6 tickers, entered the world a little late at tick 101 both times I played, boosted my rank to one using red tokens and started doing what I did on .com, grab everything I can, growing that way. The difference is that .com has large populations, so if you use that way of playing kong you cannot grow to insane levels (300 power + or more)

Finally, in my experience on Kongregate I can deduce that recently there has been criticism here on .com about how everyone knows each other and just helps each other turning it into Battlehugs. That is one other big advantage of Kong, there is no Battlehugs. Again, this might have changed since I was there (absent for 5 months perhaps?) but subs were absolutely despised by the good players. You made your alliance and fought for what you were worth, even if it was a losing battle. There is more fighting, usually the entire era long.

I would like you to add me on skype and I totally support Kong no matter what for it to have its glory back like you said with more players playing there ... skype: gelhelou

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:46 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

georgeshelou wrote:
I would like to justify and make a very important thing clear once and for all about "why is the amount of players so low on Kongregate than on .com?" :

First, it is not a matter of glory, each site has his own characteristics that always give the developers an opportunity to take stock and try to fix the problems as they are, to fix many things plus to add that .com has always been a victim of monopoly of teams which dominate worlds and impose their will through BattleDawn, I believe these are the principal answers to the question I have asked to introduce my first paragraph.

I will describe my experience on Kongregate and tell you what I concluded:
Kongregate and .com are essentially the same, game-wise. The mechanics are the same on both. However, the atmosphere on Kong and on .com is a lot different.
Which brings me to Kong's major disadvantage because I have played twice on kong and won two times consecutively this summer also is that the total player counts are very low (as you mentioned in your post I believe things haven't changed a lot since I was gone:"Please bring yourself down! We do miss the mass of players") . I believe it's 200-300 nowadays on most worlds? There is not much to feed on, you can't grow very big. And this at the same time is also why the transition from Kong to .com is so crazy for many players. I am speaking from my own point of view here, but my first round on Kongregate was on Earth 1 era 56, and 57 both 6 tickers, entered the world a little late at tick 101 both times I played, boosted my rank to one using red tokens and started doing what I did on .com, grab everything I can, growing that way. The difference is that .com has large populations, so if you use that way of playing kong you cannot grow to insane levels (300 power + or more)

Finally, in my experience on Kongregate I can deduce that recently there has been criticism here on .com about how everyone knows each other and just helps each other turning it into Battlehugs. That is one other big advantage of Kong, there is no Battlehugs. Again, this might have changed since I was there (absent for 5 months perhaps?) but subs were absolutely despised by the good players. You made your alliance and fought for what you were worth, even if it was a losing battle. There is more fighting, usually the entire era long.

I would like you to add me on skype and I totally support Kong no matter what for it to have its glory back like you said with more players playing there ... skype: gelhelou

But george were not asking for red boostes, and its not like we don[t have our fill of our own issues. Being a primarily Kongregate member and now more of a .com player. We experienced the same change you did but only 28 days before you. Ontop of a speed change that not many of us wanted. We went from 6 tph (Which is an easy way to show you why you need to be active) to 2 tickers and primarily 3.

You can say that the no 2nd or 3rd tokens hurt Kong's population recently. Its not that. You can say its all the wannabe red boosting noobs. Its not even that either. Our problem is people on Kongregate are looking for fast paced multiplayer games and their not used to that on Kong.

Back on topic.
Quote:
.com has always been a victim of monopoly of teams which dominate worlds and impose their will through BattleDawn,

You don't think we don't have usual winners? During the summer we had someone win 5 mar eras and 2 earth eras before he quit. But he was from .com so its not like you guys can't win their either.

Quote:
Which brings me to Kong's major disadvantage because I have played twice on kong and won two times consecutively this summer also is that the total player counts are very low (as you mentioned in your post I believe things haven't changed a lot since I was gone:"Please bring yourself down! We do miss the mass of players") . I believe it's 200-300 nowadays on most worlds?

Current mars. Like 47 people so far. Very disappointing.

Quote:
The difference is that .com has large populations, so if you use that way of playing kong you cannot grow to insane levels (300 power + or more)

The mechanics and the gameplay may be the same, but sense .com focuses on conquers and not mines, we had to flip that. And the team that can get the most mines the fastest wins. But thats my opinion
Destructoboy31 on Kong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:48 pm 
Private
Private

You can say that the no 2nd or 3rd tokens hurt Kong's population recently. Its not that. You can say its all the wannabe red boosting noobs. Its not even that either. Our problem is people on Kongregate are looking for fast paced multiplayer games and their not used to that on Kong.

cert-killer.us CompTIA LX0-103 Pass Free 156-115.77 Study Guide 199-01 Dump CWSP-205 Dumps 642-883 Training 500-451

Last edited by syed20 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:27 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Kong is like BG to me. Players struggling on .com will goto them to get some experience against easier opponents and try to rack up some wins. Thats what I did with BG anyway, I could be alone in that. Couldn't win on BD, went to BG and got my first win (along with a 1st place finish), then came back to BD with a lot more confidence.

It would be nice if all you Kong players would just migrate to .com. Populations on BD/BG/Kong are already small so we should merge all the communities into one to get the the best gameplay on every server, rather than more servers with less competition ("but this would cause a loss of revenue blah blah blah" - Malice when he reads this)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]