It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Improved Relic Suggestion!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:20 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

tl;dr

support in favor of the changes ofc...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 pm 
Private
Private

Alexanderkitty wrote:
rriptide wrote:
how would this update be applied to solo servers?

Any suggestions for that would be welcome! We're thinking maybe they will be won by score, using the legacy system, or possibly receive increased members (or maybe fragments held?).

JohnnyDoe wrote:
Why the hell not? I'd like an update to bring SOME life back into this game

I didn't even read the suggestion I just read the title that's all xD

ANYTHING TO SPICE THIS GAME UP

cuz I look for people to make teams
and I find that the pool of players to select is quite small

Hey Johnny, it's great to hear you're so excited - I can tell you that reading the topic is worth it though!

Exolios wrote:
Quote:
Do you love Battle Dawn? Do you love strategy, warfare, and the excitement of a good era? Do you want to see dull eras disappear and every era to be exciting from start to finish? Then we've got something for you!

We have a suggestion to reduce sub abuse

I'm not sure if i'm missing the point (could be the case)
But how will the current changes fix anything? :P

these "noobs" will maybe get a fragment, but the same will happen to them as with crystals, they will get taken at some point in time.

The alliance groups with ten subs behind them will still just zerg other alliances trying to play the game.
And nothing is changed?
dull era's will stay dull?

Don't get me wrong :) i'm all for change :)
But as i see it, don't dress it up more than it is.

You can't take a fragment.

We believe that by spreading relics further, there will be more friction (and war) between allies, subs and so on. We would love to hear your suggestions to make it better though!

harshrana911 wrote:
WTF!!

Admin and guys!!

I think relic attack will be normal...
Plz dont change...
If will hard to attack another relic from relic....

We're working on ideas to make it work and fun! We would love to hear your own!

Current idea is relics will move as fast as squads - so no more slowpoke relics!

Yes/No? Other idea? :)

CaptainXxAwesome wrote:
Honestly im against the idea. I just cant see it working in the long run. Yes its a great idea, but the problem im seeing is when the mobile version is released next year the servers are gunna be swamped once again like back when bd was released on kongregate. In my eyes for 12 players too get 5 fragments on a server with 3000 players when thiers only 80 fragments in the world is kinda unrealistic. Ya your probaley thinking the majority of those players will be noobs and wont play, but i can see the community being alot more active especically for the new players as well. As they can play on the go anywhere it makes the game alot more appealing, as you don't have too sit in front of a computer. In my eyes thats gunna make rounds more competitive and hopefuly thier will be less battle hugs, but at that point i cant see this new relic system working.

Do you reckon it would help if we increased the amount of fragments based on the amount of players in a world? Would love to hear your suggestions as to solving that problem. :)

Thanks for your feedback everyone! Hearing some great stuff!

So what i was thinking was something like this

500-1000 players- 80 fragments
1000-1500 players- 100 fragments
1500-2000 players- 120 fragments
2000-2500 players- 140 fragments
2500-3000 players- 160 fragments

This is just rough estimates off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:02 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I read just the last and the first page. Skimmed through the rest and I have few questions about this.

1) Are fragments intangible or Can they be attacked and conquered by any other player or alliance like relics these days.

2) If they can be attacked. Can be they be targeted by Agents or Nukes and Ions.

3) I saw somewhere 5 fragments would automatically fuse into a relic. But wasn't the idea 8 fragments for a Relic. Since 80 fragments are possible, 16 relics can exist at the same time.

4) Does the fused fragments Relics (FFR) can be targeted by Nukes or Agents and Ions

Sorry for the obvious questions but they look quite important to me. More questions to follow once someone answers this and then the Feedback.

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:20 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

JadenMDL wrote:
I read just the last and the first page. Skimmed through the rest and I have few questions about this.

1) Are fragments intangible or Can they be attacked and conquered by any other player or alliance like relics these days.

2) If they can be attacked. Can be they be targeted by Agents or Nukes and Ions.

3) I saw somewhere 5 fragments would automatically fuse into a relic. But wasn't the idea 8 fragments for a Relic. Since 80 fragments are possible, 16 relics can exist at the same time.

4) Does the fused fragments Relics (FFR) can be targeted by Nukes or Agents and Ions

Sorry for the obvious questions but they look quite important to me. More questions to follow once someone answers this and then the Feedback.

Not a problem, we understand there's been a lot of input and don't expect you all to read every comment!
1. Fragments will be placed in wrecks. You will not know if you'll get a fragment from a wreck as it'll be a percentage rate. They will be associated with your colony, but are not open for attack (so they can't be taken like crystals).
2. Fragments cannot be targeted as they are just a part of your colony
3. There was the idea that when you get 5 fragments, they auto fuse into relic. This is still up for discussion. The original idea was that the leader had to choose. It is 5 fragments, not 8 (thought the original talk outside of this was for a higher fragment count, kinda funny you say 8). Once relics are out, fragments will still show, but a maximum of 10 relics are allowed to be built. So if there are 10 relics, there will still be an additional 80 fragments showing up around the world (which is also why we're trying to find more ways to use fragments such as turret upgrade).
4. Once again, this is something that is up for debate. Personally, I think that nukes, agents and ions should be allowed to hit relics regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Very well. So I will include the following points I noted, and what I think about it.

1) So does this mean anyone(/alliance) with less than 5 fragments would permanently have the score boost from it, since they can't be taken/attacked unless they get fused into relics.

I said 8 fragments 'cuz I saw 80 fragments possible at any time. I thought that would mean 8 fragments per relic. But now I get that its 80 extra fragments apart from 10 relics. So 130 fragments in total.

2) Does this mean Alliance can initially collect a maximum of 2 relics. And has to take the other 8 from others.

I had lot of ideas flowing,but then I kept on answering my own questions and got confused.

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:44 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

JadenMDL wrote:
Very well. So I will include the following points I noted, and what I think about it.

1) So does this mean anyone(/alliance) with less than 5 fragments would permanently have the score boost from it, since they can't be taken/attacked unless they get fused into relics.

I said 8 fragments 'cuz I saw 80 fragments possible at any time. I thought that would mean 8 fragments per relic. But now I get that its 80 extra fragments apart from 10 relics. So 130 fragments in total.

2) Does this mean Alliance can initially collect a maximum of 2 relics. And has to take the other 8 from others.

I had lot of ideas flowing,but then I kept on answering my own questions and got confused.

Not a problem! That's what I'm here for ^^

1. No. The fragments have a lifespan of 300 ticks once found. They give you as an individual a score boost and a resource boost. If you fuse it, you lose those, but gain a relic and an alliance score boost much greater than you were getting individually (so as a whole, your alliance profits significantly more from a relic score wise AND the relic will still provide a resource boost). Once the fragment disappears at it's 300 tick span, a new fragment will be put into the pool for spawning and you'd be able to try to find another one after it expires (as you can hold 1 at a time).

2. And yes, this is exactly the case. Best case scenario, a single alliance can only bring out 2 relics at once, meaning others have a better chance to prevent the 1 team from monopolizing the relics during release. The stronger teams can still attempt to bully other's to not create or simply take it after another creates if they have more power. But now-a-days, a single team could easily take all 5 relic releases in the first go (i know because I've done this with teams before). It's not a perfect system, but nor is what we have now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

xtremeimages77 wrote:
The only way this has a fighting chance of working is if you collect a fragment, others cannot see you have it. Otherwise you may as well put a giant blinking star on the holders colony...bulllseye

Hello my friend, thank you for your feedback. The current intention is for the fragment to appear on a colony the same way relics currently do.

However, the intention is for fragments to be impossible to take. As such, we hope for it to be a bullseye for newb recruitment, opposed to an army target.

Any ideas on that?

CaptainXxAwesome wrote:
So what i was thinking was something like this

500-1000 players- 80 fragments
1000-1500 players- 100 fragments
1500-2000 players- 120 fragments
2000-2500 players- 140 fragments
2500-3000 players- 160 fragments

This is just rough estimates off the top of my head.

Great idea! Could also do it mathemathically. E.G. 1 fragment per 10 players (so 200 players = 20 fragments, 1000 players is 100 fragments.. Just an xample) perhaps. Do you think that could be a tweak?

Keep the feedback flowing. We may keep some of these ideas in mind for later though - for when the game has a bit more population and we need them. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:03 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I really think you should atleast be able to destroy somebody's fragment so it gets added back to the pool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:36 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Please go here to vote on the first part of the idea! We would love your feedback! Link is also on the 1st page

http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=32797

Another link to the 2nd part!
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=32839

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:44 am 
Private
Private

Not trying to be a critic here but this one never got apllied to any servers and these days we are talking about some King of hill contest. Instead of flooding the forum with suggestion why not try to do it 1 by 1 . Just a suggestion.

:) :) :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next