It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Battle Dawn Short story contest! 1000 BLUE TOKENS TO WIN!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:24 pm 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
 YIM  Profile

Hello and welcome one and all to the Battle Dawn short story contest!

By writing a short story about Battle Dawn you can win yourself up to 1000 Blue Tokens!

You can write absolutely anything about Battle Dawn whether it is the horrors or glorification of war or a worker having a dear friend killed in a devastating nuclear bombardment the selection of plots is endless.

The panel of judges will be made up of:

Myself (ads126)

BD moderator Aister

And .........................................

Spoiler:
Founder of Battle Dawn Michael!!!

The prizes will be:

1000 Blue Tokens for 1st place
500 Blue tokens for 2nd place
250 Blue tokens for 3rd place

Now for the all important rules and regulations:

Maximum amount of words is 250 words.

Stories must be Battle Dawn related.

Normal forum rules apply so please ensure the material that you submit is appropriate.

Only one entry per player

Any breach of the rules will result in the entry being void from the competition and further sanctions if forum rules are not obeyed.

The closing date for the contest is Sunday 11th May. The results will then be posted and tokens awarded as soon as possible after the closing date.

All entries must be submitted on this forum thread and only entries are allowed on this thread.

Any questions please feel free to message me.

Good Luck to you all. :)

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Short story contest! 1000 BLUE TOKENS TO WIN!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:35 pm 
Private
Private

only 250 words? meh not even gonna try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:35 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

"The Battle of the dawn"
Long before humans walked on the world we call earth, there were what we call aliens on mars. But this is just the start of the long story of battle of the dawn. About 2 million years after the “aliens” were born on mars, humans came around. Year of 2025 is when USSR sent teams to mars to live, but they were not alone there. At this point the mars people knew about earth but they never knew if they have living life on it, but now they do. With USSR landing there it starts the battle of the dawn. Humans of earth went to full nuclear war on mars, but the humans were not ready for what was about to come.

To be continue....

#AdminGreeny2014

Last edited by GreenDayIsBack1 on Thu May 01, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:11 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Child: Teacher, why do we use BattleDawn?

Teacher: Until about 7000 years ago, countries used to fight each other for real. We nearly became extinct after World War 6. Soon after “The Day Of Enlightenment” when “Mother Internet” became self-aware, she became worried that we would indeed become extinct and there’d be no-one to repair her or supply her with power. Using superior intellect she persuaded all the governments of Earth to settle their disputes by “other means”. The governments couldn't agree how to settle disputes though. We nearly chose a game called “Chess” but it was too limited and only two people could fight at a time. Then “Mother Internet” found BattleDawn deep within her matrix and everyone agreed it would be the perfect “Real War Substitute”.

Child: But “Mother Internet” doesn't need us to repair her or give her power!

Teacher: She needed our help when she was silicon based, and after her thought processors moved to being biological.
Now that she’s no longer biological based and uses stars to power her vast network, I think she sticks around because she likes helping humans. We still have countries because our race can’t seem to shake the tribal instinct so we still have disputes that need to be settled. We never went back to “real war” because BattleDawn’s such a fantastic way of settling disputes.

Child: Is that why all the alien races we've encountered have been asking for BattleDawn? So they too can live in peace?

THE END

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:29 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

There once was a boy who played BD. His name is Ads126 and he is a legend ;) Where are my blues at? 8-)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:05 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
 YIM  Profile

Just over a week left to get your entries in and win yourselves some blues.

Remember closing date is the 11th of May so make sure you get all your entries in before then in order to have a chance of winning. :)

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:40 am 
Private
Private

How to play Battle Dawn.

Once upon a time,a dude sat on his chair and started the computer and then he played Battle Dawn.Two months later he was crying.

The End

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:00 am 
Private
Private

Hi, my name is George.

After that day, my life changed.
Elizabeth, the girl I've known for 15 years was killed by a missile in a war which occurred in Europe while she was on a holiday trip, and I was back in Asia training to become a sniper.

I was informed by my Commander, Lippy about this incident. After that day, I've set my heart to hunt the person who sent the missile there and I've put my heart into becoming one of the best sniper that has ever walked the face of the earth.

Every single day I train and prepare for that day when I find the person. I've been involved in many wars around my colony and gained a lot of experience, taking over other people's outpost and killing off their units, and I felt that I was ready and prepared to shoot anyone in the chest...

I was sent to Europe to conquer some colonies, and I found him. He was a commander as well, I disobeyed my commander's orders and tried to assassinate the person by myself, my heart was racing, my chest was pumping, and when I first step into their territory, I was surrounded by 10 tanks, I tried to destroy them, but - (END OF TRANSMISSION)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:05 am 
Private
Private

on mars their was a vast and peaceful empire under a great diplomat planner and tactician there was peace in this empire for 946 years until the invaders came 15 armies all mechs attacked the northern border the leader beat the first invasion and they sent another with 11 armies all infantry while building 4 outposts in the southern border with 1 advanced army guarding each the leader took the outposts then saw 4 armies heading for each outpost his empires general beat the waves and beat the northern invasion the leader sent his elite in an invasion with 11 armies and 15 missiles but it failed after 3 more invasions and a missile strike the invaders took a large amount of land and killed many of the royal council but the general and the leader survived and found allies in empires A B and C after 1,000 years the empires stood together as an unstoppable force and took it all back A attacked their hive B attacked anything they could get C attacked their north eastern border while the general and his leader attacked their south eastern border the enemy had a small chance of winning but then while the leader and his allies were attacking a civil war broke out and manny of them were imprissined but some are still out there it's not over yet. true story

Last edited by j7rf on Sun May 04, 2014 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:19 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

It was the year 2114, we had marched onto the battlefield. Our army had 500 soldiers, 400 vehicles and 600 tanks. Our opponents greatly outnumbered us with 2000 units of mixed chassis like ours, however, they had armored units, we had range units and damage units. The people of Earth depended on this battle. We were facing our former allies, the aliens from mars.

We awaited the sound of the horn to announce the commencement of the battle. Our captain went over our strategy once more. The collection of troops I was in would lead the second wave of attack. I wasn't nervous..... Okay maybe I was a bit nervous. I was only 25 years old. I had a loving family and a young child who would also march on the battlefield when he was old enough.

The horn had finally been blown. The first wave of both armies charged at each other. They had sent 120 of their vehicles first. We sent 180 of our soldiers which all had beam weapons. With our strategic alignment, we could win, with major losses.

It was time, our wave was ready to go. We had vehicles that would take down their tanks. I was happy we survived that round, however my colleague Frank was unable to survive. All they had was their 500 soldiers with beam weapons against our whole army, especially our 600 tanks which were anti soldier. To make things even better, our spy damaged their HP to 1. They didn't have a chance. It took a while but we finally won. "WE WON!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs along with my companions and fellow soldiers.

This is how I (joes9987) see battles on battle dawn as. I like how accurate the weapons and types of chassis are. I always feel at home and make new friends on battledawn so;

Thank you for everything BattleDawn!!!

Last edited by joes9987 on Fri May 09, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next