It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Marathon
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:56 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I think the idea of a super fast 2-4 minute tick world is awesome. Does BD really have enough players to come to an event such as this though? What if as a special event a server was set up for one world that would have 2-4 minute ticks, and It would be a super fast but fun tournament that could be held every so often. Anybody could play from their homes (Or perhaps a sign up list would be made to stop multies and new players that don't know what it is from joining).

Post subject: Re: jingle eve Marathon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:25 pm 

In the spirit of holidays and people getting together, I'm bumping this back up to the top!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:25 pm 
Major
Major

Milanos wrote:
In the spirit of holidays and people getting together, I'm bumping this back up to the top!

this sort of thing will probably never happen I'm afraid

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:41 pm 

socialmisfit1 wrote:
Milanos wrote:

this sort of thing will probably never happen I'm afraid

I think it all depends on how many people get excited about it at once. If this thread happens to explode and 100+ people say they'd be down for it the chances of this happening would increase significantly, I'd say.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think the only way it could happen would be if it allowed players to also play from their house. It would be hard to get enough people to go to make it competitive if it was just one or two locations.

If anything I would suggest making a summer 2017 event or something where there will only be 300-500 spots available for PLAYERS not WATCHERS. You would need to send in an application or something to show you are serious about playing and not just watching. The server could be 1 tik per 3 minutes, so 20 ticks per hour which would mean 480 ticks in one day. Would be fairly easy to do and have no cost for players. Getting 100 players to go to certain locations around the world would cost thousands of dollars for everyone.

If the event is successful, then you could host it more often. Offer special ribbon to the winning team to make it that much more memorable. Plus BD would make a ton of profit and it wouldn't cost them that much more to get stable servers for the 3-4 days of the event.

Most Kills: 62,190
Most Wreckages: 177

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:50 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I am in favour of Andre's suggestion. There definitely should be an event hosted in special fast server where the best players will get the opportunity to face each other and prove who really is the best at this game in its every aspect.

I've heard ever since I've joined this community, however, that implementing and maintaining severs require a substantial amount of money to be spent from Tacticsoft's pocket. While I think this is fair enough, I believe a way to overcome the money issue is for the server to be payable, meaning whatever costs of the event would entirely be covered by players who wish to participate including Andre's suggestion of filling application which indicates that said player is serious about taking part in the event.
Otherwise, I am in favour of giving away special rewards including real life trophies or a new set of medals in the winning participants accounts or maybe even a special sign on the forum that said player participated in such event and won.

Finally, as for the Marathon event, my parents don't mind me travelling to another country especially since they will be accompanying me, the idea of a Marathon is great and I believe it would be awesome to meet my friends (or foes) in real life.

Edit: I am curious to know who of you moderators changed the 'leader' part in my signature to 'secret santa', I don't think this is at all funny, it's ridiculous and to me you're just trying to act cool hoping I would notice the change resulting in you making fun me complaining. Whoever you are, I am sure you've better things to do than accessing people's accounts, let alone modifying their signatures. Get back to whatever it is you're doing and let your hands off my account and you've my promise I will always remain part of this community, waste my money and time over playing Battle Dawn and abide by the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:00 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

+for Andrei's post but considering the idea's been around for years and BD haven't placed a single event around christmas in game . I wouldnt hold my breath.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:18 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ignore my edit part.
I am sorry about that...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:25 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Why not place this event when Taticsoft decides to have a con....

We'll have SM and EA population with BD's.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14