It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Letter to BD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

Yeah MM don't listen to the stabbers and haters <3

UTOP ftw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

majorlazerswag wrote:
Yeah MM don't listen to the stabbers and haters <3
who you talking about mate?!?!

#AdminGreeny2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:49 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

Military88 wrote:
Either I get betrayed by a member (most of time they wait till after betraying me, to tell me what I or the alliance did wrong), the alliance goes inactive during wartime, or I just straight get voted out of leadership...

Sorry if I wasn't clear Greenday :3

UTOP ftw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:53 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

majorlazerswag wrote:
Military88 wrote:
Either I get betrayed by a member (most of time they wait till after betraying me, to tell me what I or the alliance did wrong), the alliance goes inactive during wartime, or I just straight get voted out of leadership...

Sorry if I wasn't clear Greenday :3

You can call me greeny young sir.

#AdminGreeny2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

Alright greeny :P

UTOP ftw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:53 pm 

Hello Greeny

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:38 pm 
Captain
Captain

One of my greatest achievements in this game was leading an alliance win the era. It only happened twice and it was many years apart.

The formula for leading a winning team (i have found) go against what people try to do.

1) Your team needs to form naturally with players who get along on a personal level... Picking the "best of the best" players you can find and forcing them all into the same skype conversation doesn't work for too many reasons to list. Good players who co-operate and want to win for possibly the first time are better than players who have won countless eras and can pull the "i stopped caring" card at any given tick.

2) As leader you need to sacrifice your own score and enjoyment to save your team. You should always show your willingness to sacrifice for the good of your team. Even if it means losing every unit you have on that continent just to slow down the enemy and allow your members time to transport the main fleet... Nobody wants to be that guy. And that's why it must be the leader.

3) Stab literally everyone else in the back. Promise protection you can't provide and pretend the 'temporary NAP' will be extended if they help you... And then launch your attacks with 15 seconds left before the NAP expires and they are wondering why you haven't replied to their messages yet.

The backstabbing is definitely why rule (1) is important lol. At least for me.

(TFW beer and reading old threads on down time. So depressing)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:11 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It's madness to see you around after so much time we've been here! (Couldn't resist the pun xD)

As a person who prides himself more about being a good leader than a good player, I've learned a lot throughout these years. The first advice I've got for you is that you can't be just active, you need to be pro-active. When you're online, you need to talk so your members know you're there and know that if s**t hits the fan you're there for them. You're there to handle it and get it done. That is the #1 most important thing, at least in my opinion. We're all human, not all of us can be here 24/7 so it's not like you have to be perfect. You just need to show you're giving your best, and be confident that your best can beat anybody's best in this game.

Always - ALWAYS be on the lookout for internal arguments and disputes. More often than not good players have massive egos. That's just a law of nature by now xD. So, most problems will show up right at your doorstep - inside the alliance. Make sure you're an intermediary and don't pick any side: your side is the alliance as a whole, and you need everybody on the same page. In every good alliance there's always gonna be fights but it's your job to keep them as simple small talk, even if you have to threaten or kick the members that don't comply. Either they're in, or they're out. You're the only one that can make them understand that.

Always have some sort of plan for the era. You don't need to be a strategist (like me!), just have something simple like "We'll start here, take over all the mines, them move there" and let your teammates know about it and progress in it. People like to know they're heading somewhere, and it eases them to know they're moving forward on such goals. You don't want to feel like you're doing nothing at all, right? You want to feel like you have purpose. Those are your members, you're the one that gives them that purpose.

With all this going on, you need to find time to relax! Remember, this is a game and we're all here (supposedly) for fun, so it's not like you have to be super serious all the time! Other than looking like a stick in the mud, you can't expect people to take this like it's Iraq and somebody bombed their mother, yknow? Fun is what this is all about. Sure, you need to prove you mean business as well and that's a fine line to walk. Members will appreciate it a lot, though, and instead of nameless pawns for you to move around they'll be friends and people willing to fight with you!

Now this might clash with what one of the other guys said earlier, but it's rubbish to expect to do all this alone. If you need people with a fair bit of leadership skills to help you out, then by all means have them in the alliance and ask for their help! You can't rely too much on others of course, but this IS a game for teams. Just make sure you're not relying too much on them and neglecting your own responsibilities, or the team is sure to leave you behind.

Trusting is not easy. Not in this game, not in real life, not anywhere. When you establish a plan you need to keep a close eye on your people. Check if they're doing things properly, investigate when they don't, and why they would stab you in the first place. Making sure you know him before the era is no guarantee they won't stab you, even if it does make it less likely. But backstabbing isn't as easy as people make it seem. If you have a good connection to your people and make sure they themselves agree to what you're doing, they generally won't stab you even if their best friends are in the era against them. Hell, you could be one of their best friends and they'd stab for you instead! Sometimes you need to give people a chance, and sometimes you'll get burned, but sometimes you'll get a friend out of it. And you never have to let them stab you and win with it. Being able to predict if they're about to stab or not IS achievable, and with adequate preparation you can use the stab against them and their alliance instead. I've made a career of that!

Last but not least, don't trust GreenDay. This is, like, the most important advice ever. He just has good friends, that's it. The reason why must be linked to aliens. God knows he's a cakehole to most people so it can't be his nice personality.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2