It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Letter to BD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:56 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Hey there, anyone reading...my name is Military Madness. Have played BD for 5-6 years now and have won a few eras. I played on galaxy, every type of server, and always loved playing almost every world at the same time.

I learned how to play from many people and still learn new things about this great game today, but one thing I apparently have not learned how to do is lead an alliance...

I have always wanted to be great leader in BD and have tried leading many alliances. Before when faced with adversity in an era, I would try and concede for 2nd or 3rd...but soon that got to be boring and useless...

I know how hard it is to lead an alliance to 1st place. I can get a team together, hold 1st place for a great amount of ticks, but every time I lose due too many reasons that keep recurring..

Either I get betrayed by a member (most of time they wait till after betraying me, to tell me what I or the alliance did wrong), the alliance goes inactive during wartime, or I just straight get voted out of leadership...

I stay up till 4-5am playing this game. I lose sleep and am tired all day just to stay active, yet I am seen as inactive sometimes or when I get on, no one else is on.

I guess what I am asking is for help...I need some help from anyone who has gone through this..I want to lead an alliance to a win, but I just can't seem to get right team together, or can't lead correctly...(hence I do tend to try and coral members the day an era restarts, and also recruit randoms near me)

If you read all this and can help me, Thank you very much, I would really appreciate it!

Post subject: Re: Letter to BD
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Military88 wrote:
Hey there, anyone reading...my name is Military Madness. Have played BD for 5-6 years now and have won a few eras. I played on galaxy, every type of server, and always loved playing almost every world at the same time.

I learned how to play from many people and still learn new things about this great game today, but one thing I apparently have not learned how to do is lead an alliance...

I have always wanted to be great leader in BD and have tried leading many alliances. Before when faced with adversity in an era, I would try and concede for 2nd or 3rd...but soon that got to be boring and useless...

I know how hard it is to lead an alliance to 1st place. I can get a team together, hold 1st place for a great amount of ticks, but every time I lose due too many reasons that keep recurring..

Either I get betrayed by a member (most of time they wait till after betraying me, to tell me what I or the alliance did wrong), the alliance goes inactive during wartime, or I just straight get voted out of leadership...

I stay up till 4-5am playing this game. I lose sleep and am tired all day just to stay active, yet I am seen as inactive sometimes or when I get on, no one else is on.

I guess what I am asking is for help...I need some help from anyone who has gone through this..I want to lead an alliance to a win, but I just can't seem to get right team together, or can't lead correctly...(hence I do tend to try and coral members the day an era restarts, and also recruit randoms near me)

If you read all this and can help me, Thank you very much, I would really appreciate it!

Hey,

There's a lot of players out there who'd be willing to help!

In fact, if you ever need some pointers I've no issue giving some basic tips here and there either =)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

More of a team player than a leader :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:55 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

Its hard to find a group of people you can really count on to go for 1st. Backstabbing is a really awfull thing that happens because over skype you really get to know people so it feels like someone is kicking you in the balls. Fantasy 2 was my worst exaple of this where we had one guy inactive the whole round, and 2 noobs that goofed up during a war costing us the era (with one just streight up sleeping on an attack). I've played under you (E3 era 72 :D) so I know you're a great player. Add me for any 1 or 2 tickers if you want :mrgreen:

~FakeValkyrie

edit:a word

UTOP ftw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:05 pm 
Major
Major

I often found the more important factors when recruiting players to win was first and foremost loyal people that you have played with before. After that then you need activity and/or a good spread of time zones. Meaning either people that can be on for rather insane amounts of time or a spread of players that can get on when called. I can give you more info or answer any questions you may have. Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Be a *CENSORED* and tell them who the boss is. Leading 1o1

#AdminGreeny2014

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:59 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Eww sail is back^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

A few tips for leading:
1. Lead by example. If you want the respect of your team and expect them to follow your orders, the best way I've found is to make sure you're the best example for them to follow. Remember that defending is more important than attacking. If you got OPs under attack, you best not be letting it go and attacking a conquer instead. Be the most active, be the most attentive, and communicate constantly. Most don't like the "do as I say, not as I do" approach.

2. Set goals, send out a mass message, and make sure you are working towards those goals. Think both long term and short term. Make sure everyone is on the same page as you. Communicate with your members to see what everyone else's thoughts are. But be firm in the decisions you make. If you constantly flip flop (especially to the whims of just a few) people will see you as a push over. No one likes a push over as a leader.

3. Always be on the move. You units should ALWAYS be doing something. If you're active but your team thinks you're inactive, there can only be 3 reasons for this.
- First reason, you are online, but you aren't moving your units around, so it seems like your just a body there on standby. You might as well not be online if your doing this.
- Second reason, your times online aren't matching up with your teammates and your units aren't moving when you're off. I often use delayed ETA's when I'm sleeping. But in a serious era, I also only take short naps, not long lengths of sleep. Slower ticks are obviously easier to do this on.
- Third reason, your teammates are blind or LOOKING for a reason to betray you. If this is the case, you're in a bad scenario already and either you did something wrong to get to this point in the first place, or you had a spy planted in your alliance to begin with.

4. You are the glue holding the alliance together (or at least, you should be). If someone else is doing that job for you, then they do indeed deserve to be voted leader instead. As a leader, you need to be everything the team needs, when it needs it. The cool headed, calm, and collected leader when things get chaotic. The level headed, decisive, and logical leader when your team gets into an argument about what you should do. Don't get afraid to get a bit angry to push on players to push their own limits too when they are slacking. Just don't overdue it either. That's always a fine line to walk. You should always be motivating your team to do better, but not at the cost of demoralizing them individually. Your teams morale is essential for keeping things running smoothly. If you take a pretty big loss, keep things positive. Set up a plan on how your team will recover, not how hard things are going to be now. If your teammates start arguing, pull them aside and discuss it out of your main chat. If a teammate makes a dumb move, teach them why they shouldn't do that. Don't shame them on it.

Unfortunately, as a leader, you're expected to be superman and more. Some can get away with doing less for more, but that is not the norm. Prove to your teammates that you are the one they WANT leading them and people will follow. But it always starts with you. Be the player you would want to follow into battle, cause if you can't even do that, why would you expect other's to want to?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:06 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'm a good leader

Lvl 30
Rank 3
>90,000 XP
GAVE UP ALL MY MYTHICALS FOR 1 OP MYTHICAL #REBIRTH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:21 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Make friends and learn from your friends. Don't be fooled by the fake people on this game :D hidden tip

#AdminGreeny2014

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next