It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: SUBS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:07 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

apollo wrote:
Subs=cowardice.

That's all I'm going to say

or subs=stupid

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:53 am 
Captain
Captain

I seriously dont know why you guys are so taken aback by subs..

E4 Era 3 i think, mayb 4...
AUA* was a sub of AUA.

2nd best non relic holding alliance.

we occasionally got orders but it was pretty lax, it was usually a message of "Crystals located here" "ally relations will not be harmed if you clear them out"

and by taking a measly 300-400 units across the world, AUA* also participated in prodding TdCt who were against subs. they were located at the southern tip of SA. we came in through africa.
all the resistance we faced were "Allies" roughly 4 of them in between us and TdCt, sure, they didnt have the tag, but if anyone was there, if you turn "against your main" ie, dont want to help meatshielf for TdCt you got conquered and spat out like what happened to spamalot.
i know Kane is pretty hardline against subs but the use of "allies" makes it no different.

if you dont have subs, then you dont have allies.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:55 am 
Private
Private

If you have subs, it shows just how much of a coward you really are. You must have other alliances fight your own battles. Fight them by yourself, if you are not afraid of your enemy. All those crystals and conquers of AUA*..Well, most anyway, would belong to the main, and would have been better equipped to take down TdCt.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:42 am 
Captain
Captain

apollo wrote:
If you have subs, it shows just how much of a coward you really are. You must have other alliances fight your own battles. Fight them by yourself, if you are not afraid of your enemy. All those crystals and conquers of AUA*..Well, most anyway, would belong to the main, and would have been better equipped to take down TdCt.

which would have been impossible because TdCt while maintaining a strict NO SUBS POLICY had allies and used them as meatshields, tell them to attack us and telling them that we were there to take their crystals... sure... not the relic... the crystals...

no main could cut through that minefield of nukes, colonies and barrack after barrack of crappy armour units.

yes we established a foothold, like a sub they didnt have the power to oust us from the position there. yes they nuked barracks day and night.

they followed TdCt orders but are in, all respects, allies.
nothing more. they could backstab or choose to not align with TdCt but SPAM who didnt join the coalition ended up as food and got torn apart.

this was old earth so the alliance sizes werent big but seriously.

if the name wasnt AUA* and it was lets say PONY
what would make us an ally from a sub? is it just in the name? is it in the fact that we would follow AUA in defense? dont allies defend together?

besides, AUA* controlled areas where AUA wasnt in. they sometimes played when AUA didnt play. AUA was more abroad, a majority of AUA* was just along asia to the middle east.

you tell me what makes an alliance a sub and what makes an alliance an ally. then we will continue kk?

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

The difference between an ally and a sub is in the practice, not the description.

Let me explain...

If alliance "A" is telling alliance "A*" what to do, and alliance "A*" follows through with it time and time again, then "A*" is a sub of "A". Now in this case, the naming conventions describe that they are a sub, thus both practice and description say that "A*" is sub of "A".

However, if "A*" does not follow the orders of "A" then alliance "A*" is not a sub of "A" by practice, but people may be confused because of the description.

As for a situation of alliance "A" ordering alliance "B" and "B" following those orders time and time again, by practice, "B" is a sub of "A" even though descriptions say otherwise.

Does anyone think otherwise?

[edit] Holy cow, how did I forget to mention what makes an alliance an ally? I must be loosing my touch...

If alliance "A" asks/requests/orders alliance "C" to help, and alliance "C" has the choice to help them or not, and they choose to help more often than not, then alliance "C" is an asset to "A", and if "C" does likewise and asks "A" for help, and "A" does help more often than not, then they are allies.

So it is the difference between one way help, and reciprocated help.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:23 am 
Captain
Captain

RE: person above, those that mean alliances can have unofficial subs?

ie, meat shields that arent purposely in the way but fight nonetheless?

and where can the line be drawn when it comes of unofficial sub to normal ally?

i know some players have played long enough to probably never war with each other and would back each other at the drop of a hat, would these veteran players with long standing friends be considered subs when in actual fact they are allies?

if Player A requests Player B, it is highly unlikely player B will refuse.

or does subs just revolve around a main and from the main, outbranching subs.

Queries - Ducky

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:14 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Most alliances use subs as a meat shield.
Most alliances don't use other alliances as a meat shield (Unless the said allaince , acts like a sub)

Thats why we hate them.

simple.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:53 am 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:
Most alliances use subs as a meat shield.
Most alliances don't use other alliances as a meat shield (Unless the said allaince , acts like a sub)

Thats why we hate them.

simple.

a coordinated defense by 2 pro alliances, one is usually the meatshield which is unavoidable. the other alliance will use said alliance as a meatshield as it is tactically advantageous

hmmm?

i know some battles occur further out from home, but often meatshielding is quite a useful tactic if the meatshield is competent.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2