It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No vulgar, or inappropriate material.

Always respect others, especially moderators or administrators!

No advertisements.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Who likes to write here
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:45 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Here's the main reason I'm pretty active in this forum: I absolutely LOVE to write!!

It's my main hobby, and my mom says I have a talent for it. I've had a creative imagination since I was four, so that also comes in handy. If anybody wants to become a writer, you need to have these things in your content:

1. Imagination/creativity - This is the base of all a writer's ideas. If you do not have this, then you can not write a story. Readers will never get into your content, as this is the one thing you need to write anything. Be creative! Who wants to read a story that's already been thought up of by 3472846384728 different authors?

2. Backstory - You NEED backstory! Whether you tell it at the beginning, throughout or at the end of a story, you need this piece. Or else the reader will have no idea what's going on and why it's happening! It adds a level of interest to your content, that no matter what, it just cannot be ignored by a reader.

3. Humor (optional) - You don't need humor, but I would recommend it. I've read some all-the-way-through serious books, and they can be really good sometimes. But I always enjoy a book with at least some good humor. I try to add humor in my content (although I'm not very good at it), and like I said, I recommend you do the same.

4. Mystery (optional) - Again, you don't need mystery, but then again, I would still recommend it. It adds a lot of interest in your content, and fills the reader with excitement. It's always fun to read a mystery book, and it's ALWAYS fun to think 'who is it, who is it, WHO IS IT???' or something like that. Again, I've read some downright straight lined books that are still pretty good.

5. A twist (oh my god, these are so much fun to make) - Have any of you seen 'The Usual Suspects'? It's a really good movie with a true meaning of a twist ending. The Goosebumps books are a good example of twist endings. These are always fun, even for the writer. I recommend it, but I am incapable of writing twists.

This is for all the L.A stragglers who have no idea what to do when they write. This is also for you guys to HAVE FUN!! I first thought writing would be torture! But then I got into it, and now I can spend hours just typing on a keyboard without a hint of boredom. If any one of you want to test that statement:

Spoiler:
try me ;)

Also check out some of my suggestions! <<<------CLICK IT!! CLICK IT NOW!!!

My youtube channel: TMIYC

Post subject: Re: Who likes to write here
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:19 am 
Private
Private

interesting guide thanks

Post subject: Re: Who likes to write here
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

kallen wrote:
interesting guide thanks

No problem!

Sometimes the best way to deal with writer's block is to take a break, watch a movie/ Tv series, and then come back to it. This always helps. I try to watch a TV genre that is associated with the genre of current content that I am writing. I also recommend going outside and talking a walk or something. Just do something that sort of takes your mind off things, and then come back to it!

Also check out some of my suggestions! <<<------CLICK IT!! CLICK IT NOW!!!

My youtube channel: TMIYC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]