It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

No vulgar, or inappropriate material.

Always respect others, especially moderators or administrators!

No advertisements.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Avatar Commissions (CANCELLED)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:45 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

NEWS
There is good and bad news. The good news is that I am back, and I feel much better now.
The bad news is that I now have massive amounts of work to do, which will prohibit me from continuing or making commissions.
I may have enough time to do collaborations or small projects in the community, but I am simply unable to make full-size high quality commissions due to lack of time.
I am very sorry for those who I kept waiting for all this time.

Man do I hate to be one of these guys...
In the event that you do not know this, I am an amateur cartoonist. My online cartoonist persona is Doodle Snake (since I like doodling and I like snakes). So if you've seen that guy around, that's me. So now you know.

To the point, I had the idea of doing commissions for personal avatars. And if I do say so myself, they aren't that bad.
Spoiler:

But hey, we all have opinions. If you like it, you like it. If you hate it, you hate it. There's nothing I can do to change your opinion.
So, shameless self promotion time.
I now think it may be a good idea to spread my "undiscovered talent" by creating personal avatars for those who may need them. For the time being, I will charge nothing in return but patience and permission to sign the artwork with my emblem. And "Doodle Snake."
Now, if you do happen to be interested in a commission, here is what I need you to do.
1) Provide a description of what you want your avatar to be. Be as specific as you need to be, but I may put my own twist on details that weren't included in the description.
2) Tell me what you will use the avatar for. I'm not going to make an avatar for some yahoo that's going to use it only once. The more, the better.
3) Don't say you made it yourself. That's mean. :C

Now, please note that I may not be able to make an avatar for EVERYONE. I don't have all the time in the world to do this. I am human, after all. I will probably be choosing 2-5 requests per week. Maybe 7 if I have an awesome amount of time. I will usually post those 2-5-7 avatars on the weekend all in one reply. So if I chose you, check this post on Friday-Monday (timezone difference).

If you have any questions about requirements or others stuff, you may ask them here.

My obsolescence won't stop me from trying.

Last edited by Azkkad on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Avatar Commissions (SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:50 am 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team

Mm.. Cool. :D

Actually, I am already fine with my current avatar. :lol:

Only I need is, a new signature..

~3L-UZ: Luxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:53 am 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Azkkad wrote:

Nice symbol mate, should be in Unicode format.
I made mine myself as well.

Bots Bashed: 4,956

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:29 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Doodle Snake!
~ I didn't know that was you :P

Anyway,
I want to "Commision" for a Avatar Please :D ( im soorry if there too much)
Here are the "Specific" Details
A Girl with:
-A Slightly Tilted Head
-Blue Hair
-Gold/Brown/Hazelnut Colored Eyes
-A Little smile :)
-Head Phones
-A White Pure Dress
-White Angel's Wings
-Only the Top portion of the Avatar Please :D

I Would use it as my Forum Avatar

And...
Im so glad You will make it ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:36 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

ACERCORE1 wrote:
Doodle Snake!
~ I didn't know that was you :P

Anyway,
I want to "Commision" for a Avatar Please :D ( im soorry if there too much)
Here are the "Specific" Details
A Girl with:
-A Slightly Tilted Head
-Blue Hair
-Gold/Brown/Hazelnut Colored Eyes
-A Little smile :)
-Head Phones
-A White Pure Dress
-White Angel's Wings
-Only the Top portion of the Avatar Please :D

I Would use it as my Forum Avatar

And...
Im so glad You will make it ;)

Sounds good, but a few heads up:
1) I'm not the most fond of manga/ anime, so your avatar will NOT be in the manga art style (unless of course if you tell me you want it that way)
2) I will be gone next week from Sunday to Saturday. So worst case scenario, your avatar will be finished in three weeks.
2a) Since I don't want the worst case scenario to happen, I'll find some time during this week to complete it, so BEST case scenario it will be finished before or on Sunday.
3) Since I'm not sure what forums you go on, I will make two versions: an 800 x 800 version and a 150 x 150 version. There will ALWAYS be an 800 x 800 version, and no larger. But if you want another copy to be larger than 150 x 150, please let me know.
4) NSFW warning.
Spoiler:
How big are her breasts?

5) How long is her hair?

Now, here are the details of what I might make the avatar like. I am providing these so you can correct anything you don't want.
1) The wings will be spread and she will be flying (or hovering, sort of) in the sky.
2) Her arms will be slightly extended outwards instead of at the sides or crossed.
3) The image will be cut off towards the middle of the abdomen.
4) Her torso will be faced slightly to her left and your right, rather than facing directly at the "camera"
5) The main body line will be in this direction "\" instead of straight like this "|"
6) Her eyes will be looking at the "camera" rather than her entire head facing the "camera"
7) Her "slight smile" will be closed rather than open. ")" not "D"
8) The eyebrow position will reflect the emotion of Joy. The other options would be Shy/Unsure, Aggressive/Arrogant, Flirty, and "Okay...?" (Confused, I guess, but not exactly).
9) The dress will be short-sleeved with shoulder cover and a short skirt, similar to one a bridesmaid would wear to a wedding.
10) She will be wearing gloves.

As you can see, the more specific, the better. So don't worry about going overboard on the details.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:44 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

*Part 1*
1)Okay.
2)Okay.
-2a)Good.
3)Okay.
4)umm... (no one look)
Spoiler:
Your Choice. (Preferably A/B)

5)Not too long , just reaching the neck

*Part 2*
1)Just what i wanted
2)Okay
3)I was thinking something like that
4)Okay
5)Okay
6)Okay
7)Just like what i said :)
8)Joy would be good
9)ooh. Just what i wanted
10)Okay

-What about the Head Phones?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:35 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Hey Adam :)

Let me just say, before I ask for a commission (of course, lol), that it really is awesome for you to do something like this. Respect points to you from me.

My commission. Ill be using it as my permanent avatar on these forums, so don't screw it up :lol:

- What you, in your own mind, think a "WarrMachine" is. Tip, its a machine built for war. :lol:
- It has to be a mech, I'd like it to be a kind of post-apocalyptic, steampunk style.
- Maybe have flaming mech carnage in the background?
- In the foreground, (but not too noticeable), a dead chicken, a dead squid, and a fang :) Hopefully you get where that comes from.
- Machine guns, a flamethrower, and missile launchers of course.
- Maybe have in the very background have a planet smashing into another, bigger planet, with meteors falling from the sky.
- Have it look like it just came out of an epic battle, with scrapes on the metal and maybe a few bullet holes.
- Have it "looking" just above where if it was being photographed, proudly holding the flag of The United State Of America.

Probably the most badass, ultimate boy picture ever. 8-)

Sorry if I was too specific, good luck, and thanks a ton!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

WarrMachine wrote:
Hey Adam :)

Let me just say, before I ask for a commission (of course, lol), that it really is awesome for you to do something like this. Respect points to you from me.

My commission. Ill be using it as my permanent avatar on these forums, so don't screw it up :lol:

- What you, in your own mind, think a "WarrMachine" is. Tip, its a machine built for war. :lol:
- It has to be a mech, I'd like it to be a kind of post-apocalyptic, steampunk style.
- Maybe have flaming mech carnage in the background?
- In the foreground, (but not too noticeable), a dead chicken, a dead squid, and a fang :) Hopefully you get where that comes from.
- Machine guns, a flamethrower, and missile launchers of course.
- Maybe have in the very background have a planet smashing into another, bigger planet, with meteors falling from the sky.
- Have it look like it just came out of an epic battle, with scrapes on the metal and maybe a few bullet holes.
- Have it "looking" just above where if it was being photographed, proudly holding the flag of The United State Of America.

Probably the most badass, ultimate boy picture ever. 8-)

Sorry if I was too specific, good luck, and thanks a ton!

D!mn. This one may take a bit longer than a week.
I'm gonna need extra patience from you before I can get it done.
If things go horribly wrong, it'll be finished by the first week of October.

Questions.
1)Do you want it to me more of a traditional mech (Titanfall, Tekken, SuperMechs), or more human-like (Pacific Rim, Gundam)?
2) On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest), how patriotic should it be?
3) Did the mech win the battle easily, fairly, or barely?
4) Was the mech built with a high or low budget?

Here are the details I thought up.
1) The flamethrower will be decorated with bacon. And there's no stopping it.
2) It will have a triple-barreled mini-gun on the wrist of the flamethrower arm (OP), and a normal turret coming out (not up) from the right shoulder.
3) Why just a normal flag? Why not an AMERICAN BATTLE AXE?! Or a sword or something.
4) I've thought of a great emblem for you, so that'll be found on a few of the mech parts. I'll send you the emblem over Skype soon.
5) I won't do the pile of mech carnage, but perhaps the lifeless husks of two certain top players... ;D
6) Unless the planets colliding thing really means a lot to you, I probably won't do that. Maybe a Golden Play-Button, though (you deserve one).
7) All of teh inside jokes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:46 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I have a bit of bad news.
Recently I enrolled in a large-scale art collaboration called "The Great Dojo Mural," hosted by Kizunami on http://www.hyunsdojo.com/. I just learned that the deadline for my entries will now be due by August 31st, which is sooner than I expected.
Because of this, I will not be able to work on any commissions for the next two weeks, since I will be traveling from the 30th to the 5th. Therefor, the delay I spoke about earlier will take place.
If I work my @rse off on the 5th and 6th, Acer's commission should be done by the 6th. Maxx's commission may take longer, so I cannot give a definite date for that one. Before or during the first week of October, tops.
Apologies for the delay.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

About that trip... Stan Marsh (South Park) - "Ahh crap!" :lol: I really don't mind waiting, I know it will be of awesome quality.

Your Questions (Answered).
1) Somewhere between Pacific Rim and SuperMechs.
2) Only 4, not too much, but noticeably patriotic.
3) It won fairly, with noticeable (but too noticeable) damage to its torso and legs.
4) High budget.

My opinions on details.
1) Yes of course, who doesn't love bacon.
2) Yes.
3) How about a sword (preferably one that looks exactly like mythical Meteor) thats been anodized with Red, White and Blue.
4) Loved the emblem, but it on most weapons.
5) Yes that will be good. But I really want the dead chicken, squid, and a fang.
6) Nah you don't need to put the planets, but the play button interests me, Ill let you decide where to put it. ;)
7) What would my forum picture be without inside jokes? :roll:

Thanks so much! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next